Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848508 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #4530 on: February 07, 2013, 02:25:50 PM »
hell no i won't wait for this "HD version," i will buy this game & enjoy it on my 3DS actually my 3DS is malfunctioning so i will enjoy it on my niece's 3DS XL and none of you will stop me >:(

i'm sure there's a HD version of DXC somewhere at Konami headquarters too

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4531 on: February 07, 2013, 03:27:21 PM »
Not difficult... but patterns. It must be an early fight, but the boss patterns were really easy to figure (except when the boss uses that energy release that gets most of the screen, totally unexpected).

Yeah, this makes me a bit worried too. The Succubus and Demon Lord fights both looked exceedingly wussy. Give 'em some more attacks to mess with or something; as they stand they both look like jokes (the Demon Lord less so, he has that spinny laser attack).

My other question concerning difficulty was whether Hard mode and so on would actually give guys smarter AI and attacks, or just ramp up the damage like LoS. Considering the small number of enemies I really, really hope it's the former. (Another cool addition would be lowering the number of health fonts and such, so harder difficulties become more about great resource management until the next save point or whatever.)

I've got a better question. Are you going to wait for the HD version? I think we all know Cox by now and when he says "we want the most people eperience this game" and "the hd version exists" it sounds to me like a tease. We all know he's tight lipped when he wants to.

I'd like to. The novelty of having a new 2.5D console game is too much not to, really.

Of course this is mainly because I don't have a 3DS at the moment, and the only other game for it that I really care about (RE Revelations) is also being ported.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 12:31:32 AM by Munchy »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4532 on: February 08, 2013, 12:38:10 AM »
I would not care much about the HD version when I am buying the 3ds edition.

I am not too concerned about the difficulty either.

But it is sad that there won't be a new game+ mode or unlockable character.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #4533 on: February 08, 2013, 12:50:07 AM »
The wolf looks like something from Okami and it doesn't really fit LoS... it seems forced but the werewolf Idea is nice and it doesn't deplete mana either!

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4536 on: February 08, 2013, 01:31:11 AM »
The same could be said of any game.

I never said the opposite, it's just that we are looking to videos or screens, only to find the final product different from them and start bitching. Now, what is that all about an HD version? They are going to re-release it with HD graphics?
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #4537 on: February 08, 2013, 02:09:02 AM »
+1
I never said the opposite, it's just that we are looking to videos or screens, only to find the final product different from them and start bitching. Now, what is that all about an HD version? They are going to re-release it with HD graphics?

Cox said in an interview that MoF started out as an HD game before being down scaled into the 3DS.
Rumors say that they might re-release it in HD.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4538 on: February 08, 2013, 02:12:39 AM »
+1
Now, what is that all about an HD version? They are going to re-release it with HD graphics?

Apparently the entire game was made in HD before scaling it down to fit it onto the 3DS, thus making some sacrifices in the process (which explains the performance issues seen in the videos). In a interview Cox said that the HD version is still in their studio and that a console port is very possible and Konami would consider it. But due to the exclusive deal with Nintendo, they can't do anything about it right now.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4539 on: February 08, 2013, 02:24:13 AM »
BTW, what are the consequences of going FAWK DAT SHEET on an exclusivity deal? I don't really know much about these things.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4540 on: February 08, 2013, 05:33:50 AM »
Trevor and Alucard's coats/capes are both yellow on the underside.  So yeah.

Minor observation.

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #4541 on: February 08, 2013, 06:00:22 AM »
That’s a very good interview with Cox over on CVG.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/389625/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mirror-of-fate-interview-with-dave-cox/

While Symphony Of The Night was his first "brush with Castlevania professionally”, he started like many of us at the very beginning.  "[Castlevania] was one of the first games I bought for the NES", and he thinks CV4 is the "perfect version of Castlevania".

“I was lucky to meet Mr. Ueno, the designer of Super Castlevania IV, when I joined Konami. He was such a humble guy, and he was very supportive when we were making Lords Of Shadow as well.”

There's even an interesting tidbit: seemingly one of the top Konami guys alluded that IGA was not doing a 3D Castlevania so they put it out there, "who wants to do it?"

Also looks like Lords of Shadow 2 will have a rotating room ala CV4!

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4542 on: February 08, 2013, 06:34:24 AM »
Very interesting. Good to know IGA didn't get shelved because of Lords of Shadow. Then that means the canceled Alucard game was never meant to be one of the pitches... Cox is just talking about an American and European pitch in this interview. Didn't he mention there was a Japanese one as well? Anyway, I'm really interested in why the game got canceled.   

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #4543 on: February 08, 2013, 09:13:04 AM »
Really liking the design of the Clocktower in that last video, it looks like the same one from LoS too.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4544 on: February 08, 2013, 09:33:15 AM »
If they were developing pretty much the true version of the game and most likely ported and tweaked it the 3DS, why not have a universal release and make more money?

I Just Hope the rumors of LOS2 on PC are true, that'll perpetuate an inevitable LOS and MoF release on PC, meaning we can all Finally play LoS above 25fps

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Tags: .....? 

anything