Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848441 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #5115 on: March 05, 2013, 12:34:15 AM »
Compare that to the Gameinformer review

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/castlevania_lords_of_shadow_-_mirror_of_fate/b/3ds/archive/2013/03/05/a-fresh-take-on-the-portable-bloodline.aspx

A 8.5, It got double what IGN gave it.

Done reading that IGN review, it reeks of bias, like legit hate towards the game cause it's not a full on Metroidvania.

Bro, my mind is so fucking(excuse my language dungeonites I do not like to cuss) confused right now yet,deep down I knew something like this would happen. Which is why you chose your own path after math class in a few hours I'll pick it up.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #5116 on: March 05, 2013, 12:36:10 AM »
Well, its bad, but not SO bad like IGN implies, Damn, its more close to CV than LoS and they say that LoS looks like more CV than MoF, really a joke.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #5117 on: March 05, 2013, 12:40:09 AM »
Well, its bad, but not SO bad like IGN implies, Damn, its more close to CV than LoS and they say that LoS looks like more CV than MoF, really a joke.

This is why you gotta get yours hands dirty and play it yourself you know. This was like Jim sterling critical like damn...

It's trying something different and is that so bad and fusing all three aspects to please all fans and while, not easily obtainable could be done but this hurt the game in unimaginable ways that I pray for konami and ms.

An other review http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-28-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mirror-of-fate-review

and

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/393732/reviews/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mirror-of-fate-review-review/

http://metro.co.uk/2013/03/05/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mirror-of-fate-review-its-got-bite-3526141/

All of these are super solid 7-8 means it's worth it imo
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 12:53:15 AM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5118 on: March 05, 2013, 12:52:51 AM »
+1
I've read some reviews. The good, bad and ugly (IGN, it reeks of bias, YIKES!).

Here's EGM's review: http://www.egmnow.com/articles/reviews/egm-review-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mirror-of-fate/

Some of their descriptions are funny, like:
(click to show/hide)

There is still no overwhelmingly good amazing review. Perhaps the legacy of the handheld vanias are simply too heavy to ignore.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5119 on: March 05, 2013, 12:54:14 AM »
I've read some reviews. The good, bad and ugly (IGN, it reeks of bias, YIKES!).

Here's EGM's review: http://www.egmnow.com/articles/reviews/egm-review-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mirror-of-fate/

Some of their descriptions are funny, like:
(click to show/hide)

There is still no overwhelmingly good amazing review. Perhaps the legacy of the handheld vanias are simply too heavy to ignore.

Well also it's MS very first time doing a handheld.
(click to show/hide)

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #5120 on: March 05, 2013, 12:57:13 AM »
+1
Eurogamer and Edge both give 7/10.  CVG an 8.4. (Apologies, already posted!)

http://www.edge-online.com/review/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mirror-of-fate-review/

"There’s depth here, but it takes time to shine through, with a levelling system handing out new moves one by one."

(click to show/hide)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-28-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mirror-of-fate-review/

"while Mirror of Fate might willingly fumble the classic structure somewhat, it's still got a touch of that familiar vampire-hunting charm to it - a charm that comes to the rescue whenever the developer's invention or polish fall short"

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/393732/reviews/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mirror-of-fate-review-review/

"For this reason we'd be sort-of tempted to tell you to wait until the inevitable home console release (the game was built with high-def assets, so let's face facts: it's only a matter of time), but then you'd miss out on the stereoscopic 3D effects, which at their best are truly breathtaking. The bustling layers of background fit together like layers of a gothic trifle, adding depth and dimension to a game already so thick with atmosphere you could cut it with a whip."

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5121 on: March 05, 2013, 12:59:00 AM »
+1
At this rate, this game is gonna hit all numbers across the scoreboard (cept 10/10)

Unfortunatly, everyone is gonna site the IGN review since it (currently) the lowest.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5122 on: March 05, 2013, 12:59:19 AM »
This one gave it a 25/100

http://venturebeat.com/2013/03/05/castlevania-mirror-of-fate-review/

Is this the definition of hit or miss or what  :(
(click to show/hide)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5123 on: March 05, 2013, 01:00:20 AM »
+1
At this rate, this game is gonna hit all numbers across the scoreboard (cept 10/10)

Unfortunatly, everyone is gonna site the IGN review since it (currently) the lowest.

Exactly. And I fear IGN is quite popular, so it might deter people from purchasing the game.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5124 on: March 05, 2013, 01:05:41 AM »
Exactly. And I fear IGN is quite popular, so it might deter people from purchasing the game.

The damage man the damage...
meanwhile http://www.godisageek.com/2013/03/castlevania-lords-shadow-mirror-fate-review/

another solid review

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds/castlevania_lords_of_shadow_mirror_of_fate
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 01:09:12 AM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 01:20:31 AM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5127 on: March 05, 2013, 01:26:15 AM »
9/10!
 http://www.videogamer.com/reviews/castlevania_lords_of_shadow_mirror_of_fate_review.html

3/5 stars
http://www.gamesradar.com/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mirror-of-fate-review/

videogamer has never worked for me

and I am surprised at gamesradar IIRC los got a 9 out of them.

I wonder what other "big" review sites will give this I do not want to think about it -_-'

As of right now the "community" has given mof a 8.8 source ign.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5128 on: March 05, 2013, 01:27:05 AM »
+1
Man the reviews are so divided,  even more so than the original Lords of Shadow.

I wonder what other "big" review sites will give this I do not want to think about it -_-'

I definitely see Gamespot giving this game lower than a 7. They weren't too big on the first game either.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 01:29:33 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5129 on: March 05, 2013, 01:28:47 AM »
Man the reviews are so divided,  even more so than the original Lords of Shadow.

sentence of the night guess do not mess with 2d so I say MS you got courage to try and change it up.
But we will see in the end..

I definitely see Gamespot giving this game lower than a 7.

The "big" ones will be the killer of this game despite giving the game e3 awards the irony I tell ya.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 01:30:31 AM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)

Tags: .....? 

anything