Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2426154 times)

Offline Melanicus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)
« Reply #3615 on: September 06, 2013, 03:20:20 PM »
One that ruled 99 years, 364 days, 23 hours and 55 minutes more than the one in the old series  :P

;D
"Quiet, Yoda and Obi-wan! Be MODERATE with the Force, Luke!! Or: Be STRONG with the LIGHT SIDE, but in *using it*, Luke, use the appropriate strength!!"

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)
« Reply #3616 on: September 06, 2013, 03:26:22 PM »
YES! Except a bit more prettier and less serious, more of trash talker. That would be a interesting interpretation of Sonia!
I never thought from that perspective, and now that I think it... YES!  ;D
Brienne kicks ass in Game of Thrones! I love her!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3617 on: September 06, 2013, 03:34:45 PM »
Yep I love her too one of the few character in game of thrones that are good hearted and badass in the series. Also she is one of the more realistic female characters on the show in a medieval setting :D .

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3618 on: September 06, 2013, 03:46:37 PM »
In terms of warriors, yes, that's how real female warriors must have been.
There's some other female medieval types that I find accurate in Game of Thrones.
But yes, she is one of my favourite characters exactly because of that: she has a good hearts and kicks ass!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3619 on: September 06, 2013, 04:04:50 PM »
Well in Medieval setting in Game of thrones since I am a history major you have two types.
Shadow Rulers: Ceresi and Margery
Female Medieval Warriors: Brienne.
I was referring to Daenerys but her story and arc makes me as a historian wants to pull out my hair as well as me hating the character :P but that is another conversation.
And Yep agree a good heart and she kicks ass. Made Jamie think twice of attacking her!

But yeah I actually would say I am 60-70% sure we are going to have appearance of Sonia in the game given that Cox mentioned liking her and her being a candidate for Mirror of Fate and the fact that Victor is in the game. I doubt she will have a super large role but a flashback sequence with her would be pretty cool.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3620 on: September 06, 2013, 04:18:23 PM »
Brienne also made Jamie care for someone for the first time in the show.
I hate Cersei! But the one I really hate is that spoiled brat good for nothing who thinks he rules the world, that stupid little baby tater Joffrey.
Margery is kind of neutral, I'm still waiting to see what's her fate.
I like Aria. I feel sorry for Sansa.
I like Tyrion, Tywin, and I'm still waiting to see Stannis display his full power... so far, he's just talk, but he's got potential to be very powerful.
I also like Sandor Clegane, and Theon is another character I despise. And I liked Cathelyn and Robb, but you know...
I find it interesting what you said about Daenerys, also. I am looking forward to the day she comes and burns Joffrey and Cersei to the ground, but I don't know if that will ever happen. Please expand on that without spoiling me the 4th season, since I'm watching the series but I'm not familiar with the books  :)

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3621 on: September 06, 2013, 04:33:04 PM »
Daeneyers problems is that she functions as female conqueror in a medieval setting. Granted she wields dragons but a person of her type doesn't seem to fit in medieval setting. In actuality a female conqueror were more prevalent in B.C era such as the Queen of the tribes who defeated Cyrus of the Persian Empire. Secondly, the fact that she is admittedly a Caucasian conquering a bunch of brown people and civilizing them.

The shows and books seems to show the people of eastern regions of barbaric makes her story arc infuriating for me as a historian and makes me uncomfortable. Third of all, her self entitled attitude of her keep referring herself as Mother of Dragons and as rightful ruler of Westeros when she hasn't even sit foot on Westros and has no knowledge of region makes her an arrogant megalomanic. The show and in the book may depict her as a sort of Abraham Lincoln esque figure of freeing the slaves but the way she does makes it only a policy of a larger goal of forming empire in order to conquer more lands. I think the altruism she displays makes her true goal of being tyrannical empress. At least that what I think. I just think it is her dragons giving her powers and not her skills as a leader. I think if she took over Westros it would be a disaster.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 04:41:23 PM by Trevorcard »

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3622 on: September 06, 2013, 07:46:57 PM »
^You must be fun at parties...

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #3623 on: September 06, 2013, 08:05:12 PM »
hahaha  :P
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3624 on: September 06, 2013, 09:19:18 PM »
Maedhros: LOL I was asked about it and I got carried away :P. It could been summed I can't stand freakin Daeneyers hope her Dragons eat her.

I wonder if we are going to get Dragon boss battles in Lord of Shadow 2 or if we fight a dragon as a dragon that would be pretty cool.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3625 on: September 06, 2013, 11:27:00 PM »
I predict... you'll fight some enemy soldiers as a dragon via QTE. Then that's it. No more dragon form.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3626 on: September 07, 2013, 01:25:55 AM »
@Trevorcard: I see. It's an interesting approach. Very different for me, since I don't know a lot of history. I've been told many times that with my overanalysis on music I ruin it. It must be the same for you with history. I understand you, you just can't help it.
I'm sorry, I really laughed with Maedhros comment! It was so funny, I imagined condescending Willy Wonka saying it!

But in the first season, all I could think of everytime I saw Daenerys with Kahl Drohgo was "I want to be in the middle!"

PS: Don't panic, those are my usual jokes!  :P

Edit: typing mistake.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 03:45:52 AM by Pfil »

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3627 on: September 07, 2013, 03:07:32 AM »
Pfil: LOL no worries the comment was actually funny  ;D .
Shiroi Koumouri: Well in a article Destructoid they say that their are items you need to collect to a Dragon. Which it could mean that Dragon forms function the same as Purple crystal. Hopefully it is not case and you could control the Dragon when you transform.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3628 on: September 07, 2013, 03:46:15 AM »
We will play as a dragon in LoS 2? Like in Lair for PS3?

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3629 on: September 07, 2013, 03:55:06 AM »
Hopefully with better controls. Lair's controls were pretty broken!
Seriously if they program a playable dragon it will be difficult to play in a tight space unless they do it in property. Maybe more like Spyro :P