Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Best hack n slash  (Read 6042 times)

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Best hack n slash
« on: October 20, 2007, 06:26:05 AM »
I think Sword of the Berserk is the best hack and slash game. Even people who don't read the manga or haven't seen the anime seem to enjoy this game. I haven't got to play the new one on ps2 though since it is in Japanese (and it is too far ahead of the US manga.)Check it out if you have some extra cash and a dreamcast.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Best hack n slash
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 07:05:04 AM »
Sword of the berserk was alright...wouldn't call it the best though. For me i believe the best hack and slash is God of War. I just don't understand the some of the negative views this game gets.

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 11:02:55 AM »
its ok. I got it on dreamcast. It didnt really appeal to me greatly but it was ok. My fav hack n slash are stuff like Diablo 2 and Dungeon Siege and now I suppose Hellgate: London even tho its more shoot n slash than hack n slash =D

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 03:17:03 PM »
In Reply To #2
i just got God of War Chains of Olympus psp demo in the mail today  :D

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 06:25:27 PM »
I'd go with the current installments of Ys. Just love to slash through enemy fodder and then one actually hits me and then I get hit by the other enemies while being surprised and die.

._.

The combat is simple and fast. Methinks me likes that.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 10:50:33 PM »
I think Sword of the Berserk is the best hack and slash game. Even people who don't read the manga or haven't seen the anime seem to enjoy this game. I haven't got to play the new one on ps2 though since it is in Japanese (and it is too far ahead of the US manga.)Check it out if you have some extra cash and a dreamcast.

Dude I loved that game! That is the greatest hack and slash ever. I used to play that game for hours on end with my homie at his place. I just wish it was available  on something other than the dreamcast, as it's dead now and there's no way to get one, besides ebay. :(
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 06:45:40 AM »

Otogi
Otogi 2

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 07:06:27 AM »
Dynasty Warriors series  ;D
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 07:14:00 AM »
I've been meaning to read the Beserk manga, but the comic store by my campus only has vols. 17 and up, and I'm not going to start midway...
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Best hack n slash
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 07:59:52 AM »
I get the manga off ebay (where I also bought this game and the dreamcast). You definitely wouldn't want to start there. You would miss a ton of important stuff. Even if you watched the anime you would still have missed alot.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 10:29:32 AM »
Hey, guys, I need recommendations for good Diablo clones. You know, point and click RPGs like Diablo 2. But really good ones, not some shitty RPG with a huge world but no plot.

And not Sacred, please. I played it and didn't like it. The fighting is way too hard and not fun (what's that with having to hit an average monster 7 times before it dies?). Also, it didn't really have a plot, what sucks since you have a shitload of side-quests but don't really know what to do or where to go to advance further in the game.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 10:35:41 AM »
In Reply To #1
I played teh second one, where *spoilers I guess* it starts of with him in the snow. It was pretty cool but I couldn't understand anything so I quit playing.

In Reply To #2

Cuz it sucks, yea, you heard me, GoW sucks. There were good elements but I found it to be very boring, and the story not good at all.

In Reply To #11

Try Titan's Quest yet? There were problems but its pretty cleaned up now, or so I've heard. Its a pretty decent game.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2007, 10:42:49 AM »
Sword of the berserk was alright...wouldn't call it the best though. For me i believe the best hack and slash is God of War. I just don't understand the some of the negative views this game gets.

Yeah I love that game too, god mode was hard as fuck, still need to play the second installment.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2007, 12:41:58 PM »
Quote from: Kale
Cuz it sucks, yea, you heard me, GoW sucks. There were good elements but I found it to be very boring, and the story not good at all.

Well... there's a reason why the game has won numerous awards, sold millions of units, and is considered one of the best games made for ps2. sorry if you can't realize this  :P

Tags: