Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Wii U  (Read 11500 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« on: July 30, 2011, 03:16:32 AM »
This topic is all about the Wii U, but for those who need info, I've got answers.

Graphics: The Wii U Graphically Destroys the PS3 and Xbox 360, first up it has real 1080p, not that upscaled 720p the xbox 360 and Ps3 has been scamming with.
note* My hope is that the Wii U can render the Wii Games in 1080p, making wii emulators obsolete

Compatability: This console will support Wii and Wii U games, All Games before it are gonna be one Virtual Console including GC games
note* My Hope is that Nintendo could nag in more Sega consoles other than the Genesis (MegaDrive)

Controllers: The Wii U will support all Wii Controllers as well, The Tablet Controller is the big thing right now.
note* My Hope is that nintendo could make a Special wireless GC or Independent Classic controllers

Truly 8th Gen?: Gamepro says no, they suck though. The Ps3 and Xbox360 have pretty much copied everything the Wii had to offer, my Answer is YES
Note* Expect Microsoft or Sony to make thier own variation of a tablet controller some time after the Wii U's release

Online Gaming?: Well, I do know that they are gonna ditch the friend code in favor of a Name based System, I expect they'll have a heavier emphasis on online gaming as well as slip screen.
Note* Don't turn fully to online, I hate games that are too lazy to add split screen, its like gaming does not want a social life beyond the internet.

Interaction with the 3DS: so far this has been confirmed, with SSB4 on the way, I hope to see the 3DS/Wii U double release

Final thoughts: The Wii U will do fine, it just needs a good start. Hopefully a Strong Launch would help it.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Wii U
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 05:26:37 AM »
This topic is all about the Wii U, but for those who need info, I've got answers.

Graphics: The Wii U Graphically Destroys the PS3 and Xbox 360, first up it has real 1080p, not that upscaled 720p the xbox 360 and Ps3 has been scamming with.
note* My hope is that the Wii U can render the Wii Games in 1080p, making wii emulators obsolete

Compatability: This console will support Wii and Wii U games, All Games before it are gonna be one Virtual Console including GC games
note* My Hope is that Nintendo could nag in more Sega consoles other than the Genesis (MegaDrive)

Controllers: The Wii U will support all Wii Controllers as well, The Tablet Controller is the big thing right now.
note* My Hope is that nintendo could make a Special wireless GC or Independent Classic controllers

Truly 8th Gen?: Gamepro says no, they suck though. The Ps3 and Xbox360 have pretty much copied everything the Wii had to offer, my Answer is YES
Note* Expect Microsoft or Sony to make thier own variation of a tablet controller some time after the Wii U's release

Online Gaming?: Well, I do know that they are gonna ditch the friend code in favor of a Name based System, I expect they'll have a heavier emphasis on online gaming as well as slip screen.
Note* Don't turn fully to online, I hate games that are too lazy to add split screen, its like gaming does not want a social life beyond the internet.

Interaction with the 3DS: so far this has been confirmed, with SSB4 on the way, I hope to see the 3DS/Wii U double release

Final thoughts: The Wii U will do fine, it just needs a good start. Hopefully a Strong Launch would help it.

graphics: How old is ps3 and xbox360 already now...? So saying "destroying" is just wrong. if the new console is coming out from sony and microsoft, may again, u wont talk about the nintendo graphics...

Compatability: thats a good thing. But i only will belive it, if every game is loading and playable without problems on my screen...

controller: like i said it in the last topic about WII U. for me, that table controller is just a mess and there are gonna be many problems with it.

Truly 8th Gen?: i just wonder...wth did they copied? Ps2 got singstar, ps2 got eye toy cam, ps2 got the buzz "buzzers" ps2 got usb slots. ps2 got modem. ps2 had everything. and if u look at the gamecube....it had nothing of this...just the DK controllers i remember. Sry, but after all i dont see a single thing on the ps3 that sony did copy at all from nintendo...and im sure they wont do that with such a controller.

Online Gaming?: its a mess playing online with a nintendo console...no fun at all. i seriously hope for this time, the wii u will just have a lan adapter already with it to put a damn lan cable in it. whats the deal not do to that like with the Wii? just the wlan function....never will understand things like that...

Interaction with the 3DS: i seriously cant handle this 3DS....i did try that in a store. game was pilotwings. if i turn on the 3d effect, its makes me feel sick. my eyes starting right over to hurt. at all, i wont miss it, if there wont be a 3d.

Final thoughts: Dont get me wrong. I love nintendo and the games on their consoles. But every new console since n64 came out, is just a mess for me. im buying it, but wont have that much fun like i had with the older consoles of nintendo.
You always will go back to old good classic games.

http://www.youtube.com/user/OdenAndEvil <--- Gamerslounge (reviews, sound remake's and much more of good old classic retro games ^^)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 06:12:50 AM »
graphics: How old is ps3 and xbox360 already now...? So saying "destroying" is just wrong. if the new console is coming out from sony and microsoft, may again, u wont talk about the nintendo graphics...

the Wii was originally gonna have HD, but from a standpoint, the Wii always had that 60fps which is such a big deal in Xbox360 and PS3 terms, thpse consoles Push out Crysis 2 on low settings at 40fps in 720p!, that's horrible!, the average Gaming PC can blow that away on medium settings!

The Wii U on the other hand Graphics can match a Competitive PC Gfx card of today's standard, which means Superior graphics at 60fps, which'll probably mean that it wont be destroyed by PC So soon.

yeah... the Wii was intended to have HD as the GC intended to have 3D, its in the hardware but cut due to it not being the standard.

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 06:59:38 AM »
the Wii was originally gonna have HD, but from a standpoint, the Wii always had that 60fps which is such a big deal in Xbox360 and PS3 terms, thpse consoles Push out Crysis 2 on low settings at 40fps in 720p!, that's horrible!, the average Gaming PC can blow that away on medium settings!

The Wii U on the other hand Graphics can match a Competitive PC Gfx card of today's standard, which means Superior graphics at 60fps, which'll probably mean that it wont be destroyed by PC So soon.

yeah... the Wii was intended to have HD as the GC intended to have 3D, its in the hardware but cut due to it not being the standard.

thats true. crysis 2 on console ist just terrible. :/
ive seen a video, with the new zelda that will come out on WII U and yes, it just looks awsome. i was like. lemme play it, NOW. but graphic is not everything. :/
You always will go back to old good classic games.

http://www.youtube.com/user/OdenAndEvil <--- Gamerslounge (reviews, sound remake's and much more of good old classic retro games ^^)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 07:14:46 AM »
thats true. crysis 2 on console ist just terrible. :/
ive seen a video, with the new zelda that will come out on WII U and yes, it just looks awsome. i was like. lemme play it, NOW. but graphic is not everything. :/

oh so true, I think you an I can agree that We'd rather play a smooth game than a choppy one, it can look as nice as long as it doesn't kill framerate

Offline ScionOfBalance

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 10:14:34 AM »
IMO Wii U looks very impressive,i got a Wii About 3 weeks,and i think it's an awesome console.I just hope that Wii U  matches my expectations.

Offline Renonsgoods

• Combat Cross Trainer
  • Vampire Hunter
  • One needs gold even in hell these days
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 11:16:58 AM »
The real question I need answered before I go all in on this thing is whether or not we're going to see big third party developers willing to give the big N another shot.  I made the jump onto the Wii largely because of Mario Galaxy and the fact that it was backward compatible with my extensive GC library.  If all I have to look forward to on the Wii U is the first party stuff, I may pass.  If so...it will be the first Nintendo console to come out that I didn't buy.  Hopefully it will stand toe to toe with the next PS and Xbox in terms of library quality...and not just graphical quality (like you said, graphics aren't everything).

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 09:25:41 PM »
Truly 8th Gen?: i just wonder...wth did they copied? Ps2 got singstar, ps2 got eye toy cam, ps2 got the buzz "buzzers" ps2 got usb slots. ps2 got modem. ps2 had everything. and if u look at the gamecube....it had nothing of this...just the DK controllers i remember. Sry, but after all i dont see a single thing on the ps3 that sony did copy at all from nintendo...and im sure they wont do that with such a controller.

Uh... PlayStation Move? *cough*
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 11:39:22 PM »
Everybody has motion sensor type devices for their consoles these days, I doubt Nintendo invented any of this. ;)

It's a free world, Nintendo didn't copyright motion sensoring, so anyone can use it. Heck look at TV, one network gets a dancing reality show, another network then does the same thing. It's called making the almighty dollar.

*goes back to his classic systems*

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 12:58:49 AM »
Everybody has motion sensor type devices for their consoles these days, I doubt Nintendo invented any of this. ;)

It's a free world, Nintendo didn't copyright motion sensoring, so anyone can use it. Heck look at TV, one network gets a dancing reality show, another network then does the same thing. It's called making the almighty dollar.

*goes back to his classic systems*

As in... look at the PlayStation Move remote.
Looks a hell lot like a WiiMote to me, with a white ball stuck on the very end.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 09:43:19 AM »
Big deal if one looks like the other, it's not a copyrighted (far as I can tell) idea, to me they are all gimmicks anyway. The SNES had shoulder buttons back in the day, the PSX and Saturn also had shoulder buttons, no one complained even though both systems came after the SNES.

One good thing about the retro and older gaming scene, we don't worry about things like this and whether one systems controller looks like the others, we play games.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 10:21:47 AM »
I complained. :P (back in the day)
I think that, while the technologies are not identical, it's clear who's pioneering them and who is doing ripping off.

Note: This is mostly for CONSOLES, I'm uncertain about the PC market, so if anyone can fact-check on PC controllers, let me know, but:
Nintendo created the D-Pad in a world of joysticks. Sega followed.
Nintendo created the shoulder buttons.  Now we've learned to depend on them
Nintendo created the first analog sticks (for consoles).  Everyone is following that to this day.
Nintendo created the force-feedback feature on consoles.  Everyone followed (even when Sony didn't want to with its SIXAXIS).
Nintendo created the first appropriate motion controllers and games to match (as opposed to old peripherals like the U-Force which would just translate motion controls to button presses).  Everyone else followed.
Nintendo has just released the first glasses-free 3D handheld.  Now some smartphones are ripping off that same technology.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Renonsgoods

• Combat Cross Trainer
  • Vampire Hunter
  • One needs gold even in hell these days
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 03:58:49 PM »
Agreed.  Nintendo's competitors have been "borrowing" their best ideas for decades now...especially when it comes to controller conventions.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2011, 06:53:57 PM »
Borrowing Nintendo's technology may not be the most admirable thing, but it's what you do with that tech that counts. One of the Wii's biggest drawbacks was its reputation as a home for crappy "family" games and shovelware. If the Wii U can't break that reputation, it may lead to problems later on. :/

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 12:02:38 AM »
@Jorge, I'm pretty sure PC had analogue flight sticks and forced feedback before Nintendo, but I think everything else holds true.

@Gunlord: Definitely, Nintendo has to stop being such a hard ass on it's 3rd party partners.
"Stuff and things."

Tags: Nintendo Wii U 

anything