Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Collection announced  (Read 9338 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Collection announced
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2012, 01:16:29 PM »
I still think FFIV and FFV Advanced were superior to the PS1 ports(hell, even the Final Fantasy IV Collection version of FFIV for PSP was superior). FFVI was relatively unchanged from the earlier American version with the exception of what you listed(bestiary, run button), the CG intro and ending and, well, it actually being called "Final Fantasy VI" instead of "Final Fantasy III".

Character names were also an issue. The only one that I can remember being changed was the lead character. In FF III US, her name was Terra. In the original FF VI it was Tina. for some reason they never changed it back to Tina. Maybe Terra sounds better, is more popular or it could have greater meaning in the game then Tina ever did. Who knows?

The enemies still static or they have animation?

All the 2D FF games have the static enemies. They are basically unchanged except for being larger and having more details and colors.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2012, 05:13:33 PM »
All the 2D FF games have the static enemies. They are basically unchanged except for being larger and having more details and colors.

Yeah, I know that, but since its in HD I thought they maybe tried to do something new, nothing against the classics, I love them, but animating enemies could be interesting. The last FF that I played is FF 4 After Years. They have a pretty cool Chapters mechanics and Moon affecting melee andm magic thing, but I didnt finished it yet. Im a bit rusty I think.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2012, 05:38:54 PM »
Yeah, I know that, but since its in HD I thought they maybe tried to do something new, nothing against the classics, I love them, but animating enemies could be interesting. The last FF that I played is FF 4 After Years. They have a pretty cool Chapters mechanics and Moon affecting melee andm magic thing, but I didnt finished it yet. Im a bit rusty I think.

They did that in Bahamut Lagoon. It worked pretty well, they even adapted a couple f the enemy sprites from FF6.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2012, 06:01:57 PM »
They did that in Bahamut Lagoon. It worked pretty well, they even adapted a couple f the enemy sprites from FF6.
Thanks, so I need to check that game.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2012, 06:11:05 PM »
I've got an old, old, OLD-ass fan-translated SNES rom of Bahamut Lagoon. I just have no idea how accurate the fanslation is.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2012, 06:20:01 PM »
I believe the author, Byuu, did a pretty fine job.
"Stuff and things."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2012, 08:26:39 AM »
$447?  Are they kidding?  That's ridiculous

SquareEnix tax. All of their games are marked up 5$-10$ from the typical price as is. Not surprised they would pull this.

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2012, 03:17:18 PM »
Character names were also an issue. The only one that I can remember being changed was the lead character. In FF III US, her name was Terra. In the original FF VI it was Tina. for some reason they never changed it back to Tina. Maybe Terra sounds better, is more popular or it could have greater meaning in the game then Tina ever did. Who knows?

The localization team felt that "Terra" was more exotic sounding than "Tina", which is viewed as a common name here in America. It's the opposite in Japan though, a very exotic name.
Groove is in the heart.

Tags:

anything