Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Prehistoric Cemetery Reveals Man and Fox Were Pals  (Read 3325 times)

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Prehistoric Cemetery Reveals Man and Fox Were Pals
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 10:54:59 PM »
meehhh...I see no use of this thread unless there are photos

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 11:17:33 PM »
Atlantis and Lemuria existed long before the aforementioned time of the date of this burial. So the concept of Death and domestication of animals goes back long before this.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 10:14:52 AM »
Foxes are cute 8)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 11:45:07 AM »
Atlantis and Lemuria existed long before the aforementioned time

Its very existence is a mystery that has not been ever proven by actual evidence. How can you speak so surly about that?

Sure the idea of an ancient superintelligent civilization which built the Pyramids and/or Stonehenge millenia before the appearance of the Pharaohs and the Greek empire sounds cool. Yeah, I heard about such theories. But does it have any evidence? Or is it just some mad archeologist's theory?
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 12:33:12 PM »
There is evidence and it has been a very slow and tedious process to collect it. Unfortunately our current technology still cannot breach the deep depths of the Atlantic or the Pacific in clear detail. However the islanders of the pacific will tell you stories passed down through oral their oral traditions. There's even a mural in one of the many ancient cities in south America that depicts a continent being submerged while it's inhabitants flea. And before the Great Alexandria library was destroyed by Julius Caesar, It would've contained scrolls that went into detail about the lost continent, their technology, way of life, spirituality, etc. But thanks to humanity's ego of the time, we've lost it all and that is what grieves me the most. People don't just make this stuff up out of the blue unless they're driven by greed or want to pull off a practical joke. But way back in the day, such pranks didn't exist and there never was a need for them either. People were far more honest with themselves and others and it's a damn shame that we've chosen to forget those days out of our own need for material wealth and substance. Okay I'd better stop before this goes into a full-blown rant. I apologize if I've offended anyone.

How can you speak so surly about that?

Because it's how I genuinely feel inside. If you hear about something and that something just feels right to you then it's true to you. This is also a characteristic that we've lost touch with as well.

-X
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 06:21:45 AM »
You know, I like your statements, X. While disagreeing with most, I cannot remain unimpressed by their honesty and depth.
The inner-truth you speak of is something one can refer to as faith, or ideology. I respect any person who is honest about his ideology.

My belief about the people of antiquity is the opposite. While you say they were more honest, I think it was the contrary. Many years ago, when people still knew very little about this world and the forces in it, there was much more space for imagination. So I think those people's imagination was far wider than ours.
People could not understand natural phenomena, so they made up explanations. The ancient Greeks are a great example, as they actually had a god "representing" every phenomenon. Similar were the Egyptians, the nations of Mesopotamia, and the native Americans. Not being able to understand the world around them, people needed alternative explanations for diseases, drought, natural disasters.
So they made up dragons, monsters and heroes with inhuman might. They needed legends to understand, and as you said yourself, most of the legends were passed orally. Since there was no physical evidence to support the legends, after some time no one can say whether they are truth or fiction. 

While many legends have some factual fractions in them, most were so exaggerated by fictional additions, that the truth is very hard to find.   
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 11:02:00 AM »
You know, I like your statements, X. While disagreeing with most, I cannot remain unimpressed by their honesty and depth.

I try my best  :)

-X

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 02:22:40 PM »
It's not just coincidence that a fox's cry sounds like a woman yelling!

Ba Dum Tish!

Offline Harrycombs

• Monster fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 03:54:24 PM »
Atlantis and Lemuria existed long before the aforementioned time of the date of this burial. So the concept of Death and domestication of animals goes back long before this.

-X

However the islanders of the pacific will tell you stories passed down through oral their oral traditions. There's even a mural in one of the many ancient cities in south America that depicts a continent being submerged while it's inhabitants flea.

For one, continents don't just sink. Plate tectonics don't work that way. Second, oral traditions are horribly unreliable.

Now, Islands can sink, such as Helike (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helike), and its quite possible an island that was once called Atlantis existed, but its impossible for an entire continent to do so. However, we know nothing about Atlantis except for what Plato said, and none of that suggests a technologically advanced society.

However, like you said domestication of animals does go further back than that burial site, but it most likely took place in the middle east and not in Europe or around the Mediterranean.

If you hear about something and that something just feels right to you then it's true to you. This is also a characteristic that we've lost touch with as well.

Psychologists have found that more often than not intuition like this fails.

The inner-truth you speak of is something one can refer to as faith, or ideology. I respect any person who is honest about his ideology.

Ideology is supposed to come from logic and reasoning and not faith. You don't vote Democrat because it feels right to you, you vote Democrat because you want health care and gun control.

More on topic though, its fascinating that the Fox was domesticated in that society. Seeing that throughout the world there are many societies that hold the Fox in high regard, maybe the love for the dog and its cousins in all human cultures have a common link in the Middle East.
The dream reveals the reality, which conception lags behind. That is the horror of life - the terror of art.

Franz Kafka

Tags: