Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Crazy Idea for a game  (Read 7969 times)

Offline Lecardus28

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2013, 06:14:51 PM »
+1
I am loving the idea of battling your inner self here.

I had an idea about a way to expand the idea of doing so.
Raise your hand if you remember what you had to do in Simon's Quest.

If you are raising your hand right now, then think of the reverse. Instead of having to find all of Dracula's parts and rebuild him, you would find all of Simon's corrupted inner workings (his heart, his mind, his eyes, his soul, his arms) and free them from the demonic power corrupting them.

This would in turn grant Simon more abilities (freeing his heart would allow him the power to use sub items, Freeing his mind would allow him to use skills, etc.) and also serve to give players a metroidvania feel: you COULD try and free his arms before you get the ability to use skills, but it is much harder.

Additionally, freeing them could be left to defeating a boss. Maybe for the eyes, you would have to defeat Paranoia (that clown from Dawn of Sorrow), seeing as how his entire gimick is manipulating what you see.

Just throwing ideas out there. Hope this helps with the concepts :)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2013, 08:00:17 PM »
This sounds excellent to me, I never thought about something like that.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 11:56:44 AM »
I am loving the idea of battling your inner self here.

I had an idea about a way to expand the idea of doing so.
Raise your hand if you remember what you had to do in Simon's Quest.

If you are raising your hand right now, then think of the reverse. Instead of having to find all of Dracula's parts and rebuild him, you would find all of Simon's corrupted inner workings (his heart, his mind, his eyes, his soul, his arms) and free them from the demonic power corrupting them.

This would in turn grant Simon more abilities (freeing his heart would allow him the power to use sub items, Freeing his mind would allow him to use skills, etc.) and also serve to give players a metroidvania feel: you COULD try and free his arms before you get the ability to use skills, but it is much harder.

Additionally, freeing them could be left to defeating a boss. Maybe for the eyes, you would have to defeat Paranoia (that clown from Dawn of Sorrow), seeing as how his entire gimick is manipulating what you see.

Just throwing ideas out there. Hope this helps with the concepts :)

I like all this. Totally original gameplay ideas. Good Job!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2013, 11:08:20 AM »
+1
Please, don't laugh  :-[

But I thought about a area/map that happens inside your mind/soul and you need to explore and battle a boss inside it. Imagine the Nightmare from SOTN, but its not only a room, its a explorable area and should bear some importance for the story. You will free yourself from a great evil that otherwise would control your body totally and can even trigger a bad ending if you tried to finish the game without doing this "meditation" thing.  :)

I've thought about using this idea to introduce the Kischine family and oriental things to CV universe, like how Jiang Shi popped in Romania to start with.  ;)

I'm afraid of saying all the rest of my idea and plot since I've trouble to believe (give confidence) to people (I've been backstabbed so many times IRL). When I feel ready I'll tell all the rest.  :-X

What I want to know is: Its doable for a CV game? Even if its included in a remake that have already a similar plot? Or it sounds stupid and I was right in hiding this idea in my mind? I've thought about that since I joined the forum (KaZ gave this idea to me, not directly or with words, but he inspired me before joining here).  :-\

If you mix all the pieces you should know exactly what I plan to do, but for now its better to receive a feedback before putting my horses ahead and be disappointed afterwards because my idea isn't interesting.  :-X

Please, talk the truth but with care, this really means a lot to me (like anyone that have a idea and thinks its one of the best ideas he/she ever had).  :P

edit: corrected a typo.

This idea is pretty good because its open ended. A game that takes place where you explore your mind could hold any type of environment. It could be like Inception where environments twist and turn and streets are upside down and such. The idea kinda reminds me of this movie The Cell where Jennifer Lopez goes inside the mind of a killer. What I would say is to make a facebook page for the game idea and see how many people support you on it. Advertise it everywhere. Then see about becoming a project leader and getting a team together. I wouldn't be suggesting all this if I thought the idea fell short. But the broad concept could definitely work.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2013, 11:38:29 PM »
Thanks.

edit: Well, to tell the truth I dont know if this could work, since its easier to attract people interested in play than people interested in do a game, but anyway this is a very good idea. I've thought about using upside down rooms and maybe this crazy effect in Proserpina first room, where you feel as if the center of the screen as been moved a bit, giving strange illusions.

I've even had a idea about how to make a inverted castle really works, it would involve that effect used in SCV4 where a entire room rotates, but in reality it will not be the room rotating, but your gravity adapting to this mad area xD (IDK if this idea would really be used, but it feels better than you walking on the ceiling, since you would enter in a inverted area, invert your own gravity and then walk on the floor)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 06:28:16 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: lelygax crazy idea