Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What is the general opinion of Legends' story?  (Read 22778 times)

Offline Marty Belmont

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: What is the general opinion of Legends' story?
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2008, 07:48:38 AM »
In Reply To #36

what makes the Vampire Killer Holy is that it was made through sacrifice, just Like Jesus sarificing himself for the sins of humanity.
PORK

Portrait of Rockin' Kastlevania

Offline Evil_Tim

• Demon Salesman
  • Hunter in Training
  • It is shameful for a demon to be working
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2008, 11:21:28 PM »
Don't call me and idiot dumbass, I've studied scripts about alchemy do you even know what it is? It's trying to turn one element into another, perverting what god created.

No, it's not. Elemental transfiguration is one of the goals of alchemy, but there was also eternal life, and a more general understanding of creation as a whole. Even many modern scientists who are religious see the understanding of the world as a worthy goal of their faith, since they see it as understanding what it was that God created.

You clearly haven't studied much if you believe there was nothing more to it than turning lead into gold.

I swear I really can't stand ignorance. Magic (alchemy)=/Science

Alchemy was early science. It also incorported a whole lot besides [such as philosophy], but the search for the secret of elemental transfiguration was only part of the larger whole, not the entire thing.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 01:32:05 AM by Evil_Tim »

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2008, 09:08:18 AM »
Yes, alchemy is a scientific approach to understanding "God's" creation.  It is considered heresy by some because it isn't religious and incorporates some magic, which at that time in history is considered evil by the church even if it is holy magic.  It is not evil, nor do I think that it is holy.  It is simply a means of understanding the world and how things work.  As for the vampire killer, it's referred to as forbidden because of its requirements.  In my view, taking the life of another can't be seen as holy, even if the "victim" is willingly allowing them self to be killed.  It's not easy taking a life and all life is sacred even the life of a monster like a vampire.  The only reason vampires are killed is to protect innocent humans and killing someone or thing to protect innocent people is the only way to justify killing a living being.  Vampires are beings of darkness who seem to hate Christianity and attack innocent humans.  Thus, any weapon that can negate any special defense a vampire and is very effective against evil beings of darkness may in time be considered "holy" by people.  If the vampire killer was indeed a holy whip, it would have been referred to such in its description in LoI.  It's not though.  Instead it is described as "a whip of forbidden secrets that is the bane of the children of the night."  If you ask me, that description makes the whip sound anything except holy.  The only reason the whip is considered holy is that it is effective against vampires and other beings of darkness and because virtually all the sub-weapons used by the Belmonts have at least some holy power.  For example, in SotN, every time you attack an enemy with a sub-weapon, the enemy turns a little bright green indicating that the attack was at least partially holy.  And it's just with the Belmonts.  Even when Alucard uses a sub-weapon, it's partially holy.

In other words, the only reason the Belmonts are considered to have "holy power" is because they can effectively fight vampires and other evil beings of darkness are Christian and are completely human.  At least, that is how I see everything.  I could be wrong though.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 09:10:27 AM by darkwzrd4 »
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Evil_Tim

• Demon Salesman
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2008, 09:23:34 AM »
Vampires are undead. This would generally mean they aren't alive, and they're generally described as not having souls either. Therefore, they're no more alive than rocks and their 'life' isn't sacred in the slightest.

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2008, 02:00:45 PM »
Don't call me and idiot dumbass, I've studied scripts about alchemy do you even know what it is? It's trying to turn one element into another, perverting what god created. You think God meant for us to turn say trees into gold? Nothing Holy about it, do your fuckin' homework.

Chemistry and actual scientific study is another matter. Using what God so called "gave" us and just arrangeing it differently is perfectly normal. And that's all chemistry is.

I swear I really can't stand ignorance. Magic (alchemy)=/Science
Maybe if you understood how science works you'd not make statements like this.  So smelting metal is alchemy and against god?  So is cooking right?  Eevery chemical reaction is against god!

And you didn't get my point at all.  Alchemy is heresy ACCORDING TO THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.  That in no way validates anything, it is there point of view.  Guess what?  In cv at least, they were wrong.  ::)

The church is not infallible, I am an atheist, so in my opinion, the church is wrong about almost everything.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 02:03:17 PM by Alexc2808 »
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2008, 09:34:29 PM »
Personally, I didn't care for Legends, story wise or otherwise.  The game itself wasn't that great and as far as the story, it had too many contradicts for me to like it or even take it seriously.  I don't care how much people may hate Lament, I actually give it credit for having (IMO of course) a better origin story. 

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2008, 03:28:34 AM »
Vampires are undead. This would generally mean they aren't alive, and they're generally described as not having souls either. Therefore, they're no more alive than rocks and their 'life' isn't sacred in the slightest.
What about other creatures that the belmonts fight? like fishman, hunchbacks etc. Don't they have souls either?   

Offline Evil_Tim

• Demon Salesman
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2008, 06:38:44 AM »
What about other creatures that the belmonts fight? like fishman, hunchbacks etc. Don't they have souls either?   

According to Aria and Dawn, most of them don't have souls at all, and those souls are evil regardless, hence their forming Menace when freed.

Offline Venkman

• Vampirebuster
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2008, 10:40:41 AM »
In Reply To #35
What hassn't been since IGA took over?
Bustn' more than Ghost's

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2008, 11:02:42 AM »
If the whip was holy wouldn't it be odd that

1) the whip was created with a "undesired" and "cursed"
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 11:05:44 AM by Nagumo »

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2008, 11:05:37 AM »
In Reply To #55

It kills non belmonts? I thought it just didn't work for them.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2008, 11:07:02 AM »
In Reply To #56
It kills them in the long run. It drains their life force

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2008, 11:21:01 AM »
In Reply To #57

Interesting, ... does it work for them though? Like actually helps them to combat "evil"..... Fun news I can add to my completely disregarded different dimension fan writing >.>

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2008, 11:35:29 AM »
In Reply To #58
Yes but they don't have acces to the whips full power(I think  :P)             

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2008, 11:43:33 AM »
In Reply To #58
Yes but they don't have acces to the whips full power(I think  :P)             

If your going by PoR, apparently, you still have to be part of the Belmont family line otherwise the whip doesn't work for you at all.  However, even if you are part of the bloodline, if you're not a direct decedent, then the whip won't work for you properly until you unlock it's full potential. (Thus, the Lecarde? family being involved.)  Apparently, if you use the whip's power to much, it will kill you.  Or at the very least, kill you faster. (I'll admit, I was never clear on this because he said that John used the power of the whip too much and it killed him but I'm not sure if it ever said the whip will kill you reguardless.)

Tags:

anything