Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Operation Akumajo (Facebook)  (Read 6381 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 09:29:48 AM »
People can bash cecil-kain as much as they want. At least he's being proactive with Operation Akumajo, despite his misguided methods and stubborn thoughts on his own ideas being superior than anything we suggested. He's unhappy with the direction the series has been going in, and he's actually doing something about it. Call him entitled or whiny or whatever, but the same could be said of any person who wants something changed about a series they've invested years of love into and don't want to see fade away because of perceived bad choices by the developers....and actually stepped up and attempted to get his dissatisfaction noticed.
He hasn't really done anything though... Aside from occasional art updates, there's really nothing to write home about. The page has done almost nothing. No rallying, or gathering support or anything like that, or any of the other things these kinds of movements do to gain recognition

I'm sure Operation: Rainfall got its fair share of criticism from people who said "Man, just be happy we got any Mega Man Legends games at all! Stop whining for something we didn't happen to get!"
Operation rainfall had nothing to do with Legends... that was Get Me Off The Moon - 100K strong for Mega Man Legends 3 And it's been said before- Operation Rainfall was about localizing a couple of games. They were already made.

Operation Akumajo is about demanding that Konami make a game based on an event mentioned in the lore in a game from 2003, which if i recall, IGA never had any serious intention of making. it was just a lore event, and people demand a game for it. Konami and IGA have never had any intention of making it, and yet here they are, demanding they make a game catered to their niche interests.

Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 09:42:34 AM »
Fuck, got my "Operations" mixed up. My bad.

How do you know Konami and Iga never had any intention of making a 1999 Battle game? Did I miss somewhere when they said that? because honestly, when you have references to it pop up in several games, it make it hard to think that something isn't being set up.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 10:00:10 AM »
How do you know Konami and Iga never had any intention of making a 1999 Battle game?

i think the most common answer to that is "if they really intended on making it, they wouldve released it years ago"

but i agree Sindra, 1 group of castlevania fans shitting on another group of castlevania fans for wanting a specific castlevania game is counterintuitive & in the end makes all of us look stupid

and lets be honest, even in the rare event that OA does succeed, the group that shitted on them would suddenly STFU, because we'll all still be getting another castlevania game to play
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 10:04:34 AM by crisis »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2014, 10:00:21 AM »
I may be wrong, I recall IGA mentioning off hand in some interview something of the sort, that he wouldnt mind making it, but that it wasnt on his radar or some such thing.

There's also the fact that he yknow, never fucking made it, but we got like 4 or 5 other games instead. Some of which reference it in some way. To go some of what was aid in the "Was IGA robbed" thread- he had his chance and never took it. obviously it was not that big a priority for him. He apparently didn't really feel it  was that important if he waited so long to the point where he can no longer make it due to expectations.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2014, 10:17:38 AM »
This topic again?!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2014, 11:16:16 AM »
This topic again?!

LOL!

"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2014, 12:14:47 PM »
I may be wrong, I recall IGA mentioning off hand in some interview something of the sort, that he wouldnt mind making it, but that it wasnt on his radar or some such thing.

There's also the fact that he yknow, never fucking made it, but we got like 4 or 5 other games instead. Some of which reference it in some way. To go some of what was aid in the "Was IGA robbed" thread- he had his chance and never took it. obviously it was not that big a priority for him. He apparently didn't really feel it  was that important if he waited so long to the point where he can no longer make it due to expectations.

Well....he fucked up on that one, didn't he?

THANKS IGA

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2014, 07:06:30 PM »
Maybe he was trying to go for a similar deal to the director of Star Trek.  I don't know how true it is and I'm too lazy to look it up for myself, but my Trekkie friend claims the episode where Picard is assimilated into the Borg was made because the director/writer/whoever-it-was knew he was getting fired, and he wrote that episode as a way to ensure he was rehired.  Again, I don't know the truth of that, but either way, maybe that was IGA's idea that didn't work?

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2014, 08:47:34 AM »
Nah. IGA also said he was making these games until he could retire and that he wanted to retire. He's probably supe happy in his suit job.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2014, 12:54:49 AM »
Yeah. He finally got something that pays steady and help him raise his kids without the frustration and stress that comes with being the head of the Castlevania team.

Tags: