Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed  (Read 195519 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed
« Reply #375 on: July 13, 2017, 12:53:59 PM »
+3
Ellis moving a bit away from the source material for season 2 isn't something I like to hear.

The last thing I want to see is another creative head get too full of themselves like Enric Alvarez did with Lords of Shadow 2.

Creative liberties are all well and good but please, try to reel it in a bit...

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #376 on: July 13, 2017, 01:00:43 PM »
idea for Season 2: instead of the bosses from the game (like Medusa, the mummies, the water dragons, the Creature, etc) being random obstacles to get to the next stage, Dracula sends them out like assassins in the vein of Ninja Scroll and the Vampire Hunter D novels. Have them be personal captains of his forces while Death is his right hand man in the castle. Also, they're gonna have to pick one hell of a voice actor for Death.
Yep, I agree, this ^ is the best format the series could take.
Otherwise they would probably end up adding unnecesary plot which would probably be out of place, or rather plot that would be ther just to be there.
But I guess I'm being a bit of a captain obvious here.
Only other format I can think of is "stand user of the week" as seen in Jojo's part 3, which would translate horribly to this series.
Gotta get away

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #377 on: July 13, 2017, 01:10:31 PM »
Yes, Adi Shankar has no idea what he's doing  :rollseyes:

Sorry mang, not an argument.

Face/Off and Spy Kids must be objectivelly superior to Castlevania, right?

You won, dude. Most people are on your side. Dissenting opinions are hunted like Lisa through the internet. No need to shame people who think Shankar is edgy.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 01:26:02 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Holy Diver

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #378 on: July 13, 2017, 01:20:55 PM »

You won. Most people are on your side. Dissenting opinions are hunted like Lisa through the internet. No need to shame people who think Shankar is edgy.
The hell?
I was under the impression that Rotten Tomatoes were the strictest critics on teh interwebz.
Gotta get away

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #379 on: July 13, 2017, 01:22:39 PM »
The hell?
I was under the impression that Rotten Tomatoes were the strictest critics on teh interwebz.

Some people just don't understand how Rotten Tomatoes works and use it as the final word on the matter. It quite clearly isn't. But still a bit hilarious to see anyway :P

Offline Holy Diver

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #380 on: July 13, 2017, 01:26:46 PM »
Some people just don't understand how Rotten Tomatoes works and use it as the final word on the matter. It quite clearly isn't.
Ok. Thank you for clarfying that.
Gotta get away

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #381 on: July 13, 2017, 01:34:48 PM »
+1
Let me stop you right there. It doesn't matter how it's written in the games because we're discussing the writing of show, not the games. Excusing bad writing by pointing at something else isn't a very strong argument.

Maybe if you paid more attention to the rest of the post, outside the part you set as bold, you would notice that it was a comparison and wasn't the main part of my argument. Its only natural natural that I would use the game as an example for one of the similarities while at it.

Face/Off and Spy Kids must be objectivelly superior to Castlevania, right?

You won, dude. Most people are on your side. Dissenting opinions are hunted like Lisa through the internet. No need to shame people who think Shankar is edgy.

lol
at least the audience score isn't that broken like the tomatometer... for now.
If they don't take care it will become Metacritic 2.0:

(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #382 on: July 13, 2017, 01:39:24 PM »
lol
at least the audience score isn't that broken like the tomatometer... for now.
If they don't take care it will become Metacritic 2.0:

Cory In The House >>>>>>>>>>>>> Castlevania. All of them.

DUDE IMAGINE CORY FIGHTING VAMPIRES IN THE HOUSE! WITH RAVEN AS HIS ASSIST!

"Cory!"
"Raven!"
"Cory!"
"Raven!"
"Cory!"
"Raven!"

Is Raven her dimension's version of Nostradamus? DID RAVEN PREDICT 1999????

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #383 on: July 13, 2017, 01:58:38 PM »
 All Rotten Tomatoes tells me is that currently 10 out of 11 people on the internet gave this show a positive review.

Maybe if you paid more attention to the rest of the post, outside the part you set as bold, you would notice that it was a comparison and wasn't the main part of my argument. Its only natural natural that I would use the game as an example for one of the similarities while at it.

Who cares if it isn't your main argument? I was just pointing out it isn't relevant to this discussion.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #384 on: July 13, 2017, 02:27:00 PM »
Ellis moving a bit away from the source material for season 2 isn't something I like to hear.

The last thing I want to see is another creative head get too full of themselves like Enric Alvarez did with Lords of Shadow 2.

Creative liberties are all well and good but please, try to reel it in a bit...

Likewise.  Let's just hope that the things being 'signed off' by Konami (i.e. probably referring to the working with Iga on this) helped somewhat.  We shall see.  *Sighs*
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline TheTextGuy

• Vampire Hunter
  • Rocket punch!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #385 on: July 13, 2017, 02:55:12 PM »
All Rotten Tomatoes tells me is that currently 10 out of 11 people on the internet gave this show a positive review.

Can't believe I didn't notice it until now, but the average rating of the show's also 6.87/10 as of this writing.  For some reason I've never bothered to check the average ratings until now for Rotten Tomatoes (it doesn't help the Tomatometer's in big bold letters in comparison).

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #386 on: July 13, 2017, 03:20:36 PM »
Cory In The House >>>>>>>>>>>>> Castlevania. All of them.

DUDE IMAGINE CORY FIGHTING VAMPIRES IN THE HOUSE! WITH RAVEN AS HIS ASSIST!

"Cory!"
"Raven!"
"Cory!"
"Raven!"
"Cory!"
"Raven!"

Is Raven her dimension's version of Nostradamus? DID RAVEN PREDICT 1999????

While Cory's gameplay isn't like CV, its a stealth game. If he hid in a box some time in this game I would laugh hard.

Who cares if it isn't your main argument? I was just pointing out it isn't relevant to this discussion.

So you are saying that you don't care for my argument, but yet felt the need to find a specific part that doesn't reflected the argument and say that it wasn't relevant? Strange. I'll take the benefit of doubt and believe that I read what you said out of context, since usually it would mean that you are trying to dimnish my words yet I never saw you doing that before.  :rollseyes:

Answering your hypothetical question:
Excusing bad writing by pointing at something else isn't a very strong argument.

You from moments ago sure does.

Well its like I tried to explain, but if I need to state the obvious I will: the game is the source material, thus it will appear times and times in a discussion about the animation. Saying its not relevant is almost comical, even more when I was comparing it to something that happens in the animation and was similar to the game.  :P

Even so thanks for pointing that out, yet if you isolate a part of a text it surely will act out of context and maybe "not relevant", seems to be what you did. Since even if you take the part where I compare it with the games it doesn't seems as irrelevant as you say:

In the games he wanted to destroy humanity because they killed Lisa, same happens here. If he wanted to destroy only the culprits, he could've destroyed the village in the game, same here. I understand that if he wanted to take revenge by killing the culprits it wouldn't make sense, but Dracula conversation with Alucard shows that he isn't interested in killing only the culprits.

It doesn't seems to matter why, someone could've tried to do the right thing and yet no one did. This theme seems to be recurring in the animated series: Do the right thing, don't let lies prevail, etc. So even if its not humanity alone but a guy from the church that did this, the other present acted as accomplices by simply being there.

(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #387 on: July 13, 2017, 11:05:47 PM »
Sees Sharknado. WHOOOO!!!

Wow, I feel so bad for Kingsglaive. /sob

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #388 on: July 14, 2017, 01:23:15 AM »
While Cory's gameplay isn't like CV, its a stealth game. If he hid in a box some time in this game I would laugh hard.

So you are saying that you don't care for my argument, but yet felt the need to find a specific part that doesn't reflected the argument and say that it wasn't relevant? 

You're backpedaling when you say that the part of your post I commented on doesn't reflect your argument. Clearly you included that you try and give your argument more  weight. I got triggered by that argument because it's just a method to deflect criticism.  If we're discussing the writing quality of an adaptation then it doesn't matter how good or bad the writing of the source material is.   

Offline Shinobi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #389 on: July 14, 2017, 08:31:27 AM »
Speaking of Rotten Tomatoes argument, how about the Justin Bieber movie is way higher than Batman Vs Superman? 64% and 29% respectively.

Tags:

anything