Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Main title music from the animated series  (Read 6372 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Main title music from the animated series
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2017, 08:06:16 PM »
It's an OK track.
But honestly, you can come up with a similar track by opening up your music program and inputting in some stuff with the East West plugin and it'll be similar.
In fact, there's a music studio that specializes on generic tracks with an epic feel.  "Immediate Music" comes up with music like this all the time.

It's certainly not mind-blowing.  And it's not at all an earworm (the Game of Thrones theme is a title theme and you can't start humming it without someone nearby joining in or recognizing it).

Generic 'Epic' Music.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2017, 08:29:38 PM »
Meh.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2017, 12:11:28 AM »
Yup, generic epic movie music. it is forgettable.

Offline BloodyShadowoftheDarkness

• I don't even know how I came up with this name
  • What a horrible night to have a curse...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2017, 12:54:44 PM »
For some reason, I was thinking that they could've used Prelude (the first song you're greeted with when booting up the game) as the intro.  I think it would be a good intro song.

Oh well, since you mentioned it, now I'm really disappointed it's not in it.

In fact, just browsing through YouTube, I found not one, but 3 versions that could totally work way better.
Actually, I'm showcasing 3 here, but every version that I found feels better that this, and these are fan made, I can only imagine what a professional studio recording would sound like.
They could use violins and organs for it, to give it a more eerie atmosphere.
Prelude not only is a memorable tune from the game, but it also has a recognizable melody.
And it sounds properly epic, instead of generic 'epic', it would serve as a build up for episodes, perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O63axZfNXvc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsxtn5uv0bo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqwWJizJHKw

While this is indeed a chance they missed, I hope that's not the case for the entire soundtrack, I really am hoping for arranges of the game music in this animation.
It's not even asking much to be honest.
The morning sun has vanquished the horrible night.

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure (GB)
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2017, 05:26:58 PM »
I love the tudors. I hope he does the rest of the music too.

Tags:

anything