Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Chaos and Dracula  (Read 14425 times)

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I shall give you the answer along with your death!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2017, 07:05:11 PM »
Those two things are literally one and the same. Boss Chaos is only an extension of Full Chaos which applies most immediately to Dracula/Soma. It's tied to him like Edward Elric's Gate is tied to his alchemy and his alone. If Ed can destroy his own personal Gate, why can't Soma destroy his own personal Chaos?

Soma had the humanity that Dracula lacked. Humanity and goodness is what has kicked Chaos' ass through Dracula all these centuries--why is Soma the exception?

Where is it listed Dracula could actually beat Chaos? He can beat the evil god that held reign before him, but a singular all-powerful entity and an amalgamated pseudo-all-powerful entity that will continue to exist and grow as long as humans have the ability to be assholes are not even close to being the same thing.

Imagine Menace, which was an amalgamation of all the evil souls and shit in Dmitrii, right? But this time it grows perpetually because it's fed by humans, and can more or less recover itself from injury as quickly as it's injured because its power is fed by humans perpetually. Soma already expresses that regular Menace is too dangerous and powerful to get out of the Abyss--imagine a Menace playing on God Mode with all the cheats turned on. That's more or less Chaos. You can't kill what exists in a perpetual state, you can only kill parts of it, which will eventually come back if the proper fuel source continues to burn.

Boss Chaos is Dracula's "part," and it continued to come back because Dracula kept coming back. But if Dracula can't come back anymore (in the form of Soma refusing the resurrection cycle), then killing that part of Chaos will kill that part for good, because its fuel source has run dry.

And Chaos assumed D I R E C T C O N T R O L all the time without a "fight." Not-evil Dracula might not have wanted to wake up this or that particular time, but that's hardly a "fight." You never saw a resurrected Dracula struggling with an internal battle of the mind and will, did you?

Dracula gets "overtaken" by Chaos because that's the deal he unwittingly signed himself on to. Whether or not he's actually "strong enough" to best it in combat isn't even a factor. You can't punch a malignant tumor out of your body no matter how physically adept you are, and that's exactly what Chaos is to his soul.

You wanna live forever and have all this dark power? Great, here's a really fucking big monkey for your back. No, you can't pull it off by yourself. Don't even bother trying. Not even that Sinbad trick with the wine will help you here. Hey, no complaints. This is what you signed up for. It's your own fault for not reading the terms and conditions closely enough. Deal with it.

Hundred years thing is absolutely 100% false. It's mere happenstance that people rez him in roughly that timeframe. He's not bound to any resurrection schedule beyond how quickly the dark priests and cultists can bring his ass back.

Nobody ever said Boss Chaos or even Full Chaos was all-powerful. Boss Chaos is a physical manifestation of a singular facet of the whole thing, and thus can be slain accordingly under the right conditions (which Soma meets). It's not a mind-battle by any stretch of the imagination. If it were a mind-fight, there would be absolutely no need for a Chaos Realm, a portal to the Chaos Realm, an uber-powerful Chaos Realm Portal seal that only Dracula (and apparently Julius but it's Julius and fuck you he does what he wants) can pass through, and a magical conduit to Chaos sealed again in an empty solitary chamber behind a special boss door addled with presumably stupid powerful magic (what else was all that lightning on it?).

By all means believe this, it certainly makes for a cool perspective on the final boss, just know that there's nothing even remotely supporting it as plausible.

Nothing you said was backed by evidence, however. Souma being able to defeat Chaos due to his humanity is never said. He simply beat Chaos in battle. Also, Boss Chaos and Full Chaos... That's also just fan theory. Never is it mentioned that the two things are separate beings.

I say Dracula can beat Chaos because if Souma can, who is weaker than Dracula, then so can Dracula. Simple logic. Not that I am saying that Dracula could slay chaos as in the evil of all mankind, obviously, but the entity/boss Chaos? Absolutely, even though it just would come back because evil never dies.

And again, that's interpreting a lot of stuff into IGA's quote. He said that only the evil intent gets resurrected, should Dracula be unwilling. He never said he was ever unwillingly resurrected, nor that Chaos would alter his mind so he had no choice in the matter. It is just as plausible that part of Dracula remains in perpetual limbo, the part that does feel bad about what he is doing and only his evil half is resurrected post-SotN.

"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2017, 08:24:27 PM »
I say Dracula can beat Chaos because if Souma can, who is weaker than Dracula, then so can Dracula.  Simple logic.

Proof.

"Simple logic" is not proof, because "simple logic" is not proof to you.

And again, that's interpreting a lot of stuff into IGA's quote. He said that only the evil intent gets resurrected, should Dracula be unwilling. He never said he was ever unwillingly resurrected, nor that Chaos would alter his mind so he had no choice in the matter.

The question of the interviewer is literally pertaining to how Dracula can still resurrect after SotN, to which IGA explains why he keeps returning. Also, it is VERY WELL ESTABLISHED that the Dracula post-SotN behaves in contradiction with Dracula's realization on SotN.

"nor that Chaos would alter his mind so he had no choice in the matter. "

I'm also really tired of connecting the same dots over and over:

Chaos influences the evil intent > evil intent takes over Dracula and revives him if he's unwiliing > if he's unwilling and is being revived anyway, he has no choice in the matter.

"He never said he was ever unwillingly resurrected"

And this argument is frankly ridiculous, and you grasping very, VERY HARD to be right. Question: Why would IGA explain exactly what happens to Dracula if he's unwilling to revive, after the interviewer asked why he keeps reviving after SotN, if Dracula was never revived unwillingly? What purpose does the question or the answer ever serve if this is not the case?

It is just as plausible that part of Dracula remains in perpetual limbo, the part that does feel bad about what he is doing and only his evil half is resurrected post-SotN.

Proof. "Plausible" is not proof.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 08:45:17 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2017, 10:00:52 PM »
Friendly reminder of how ridiculously stupid "waah you don't have proof you're just making it up" is as an argument to anything lore-related Plot or I (or Nagumo, or Shiroi, or a few others, to give credit where due) say. We bust ass to make sure we've done our due research-scavenging and you all fucking know we do by now. When one of you suddenly decides to pretend otherwise and pontificate like we're pulling something out of our asses, I don't quite think you fathom the degree of insult delivered by blatantly disregarding probably weeks and months of fact-checking and cross-referencing and arguing between ourselves about what the evidence most supports and how best to write it out, to tell us we're wrong and our ideas have no evidence or support anywhere...because your personal headcanon says so.

I'm getting just as sick as he is (probably more so because I have way less situational tolerance for certain behaviors than he does) of re-re-re-re-explaining the same shit over and over and over and over because some people can't accept an idea that may just be more complex than a simple-ass black-and-white one-size-fits-all answer they've been telling themselves for years.

Now I'm going to take the gloves off here and destroy these pitiful fucking """""""""counterarguments"""""""" because they don't actually care about reaching a common ground and readjusting their source position, and just want to try and try and try and try and push and push and push for you to be right.

Nothing you said was backed by evidence, however. Souma being able to defeat Chaos due to his humanity is never said. He simply beat Chaos in battle. Also, Boss Chaos and Full Chaos... That's also just fan theory. Never is it mentioned that the two things are separate beings.

You're right, "SOMA WON BECAUSE HE WAS A GOOD BOY" is never outright stated. But let's look at the facts, which I'll keep simple:
-Soma is reincarnated Dracula
-Soma doesn't submit to the darkness and fights it
-Soma can beat the hell out of a Belmont
-Soma can beat the hell out of the strongest Belmont (which Julius is, I don't care what stupid conjecture other fans come up with)
-Soma has the strength of character to make choices Dracula was either to pissy or too weak to make in the past

Seeing as we have some human teenager doing all this shit a grown-ass vampire couldn't do in a thousand years, what becomes the contention? What's the main big thing that denotes the differences here?

Oh, right. Soma's morally a better person, is still human, and didn't have this evil angry battery pack slowing eroding his humanity over a thousand years.

You know what we call being a morally exceptional person and being human? Having humanity. Case fucking closed. Next docket, please.

I say Dracula can beat Chaos because if Souma can, who is weaker than Dracula, then so can Dracula. Simple logic. Not that I am saying that Dracula could slay chaos as in the evil of all mankind, obviously, but the entity/boss Chaos? Absolutely, even though it just would come back because evil never dies.

Soma (why do you keep adding a "u" to his name, by the way?) bested Julius in a fight (the "he was holding back" excuse is invalid, Julius holding back is probably still at least as powerful as past Belmonts weaker than him fighting full-force, and those Belmonts still beat Dracula's ass).

Dracula could never do this outside of Soleiyu, but he was even more of a kid than Soma was, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ on that one.

So we've already established that "if Soma can do it Dracula could have too" is a botched attempt at an argument because we spent the entirety of the Sorrow arc plotlines watching Soma do all sorts of shit we never saw Dracula manage to pull off. I'll point to the list of some of those above for your convenience and mine, because I don't feel like retyping them again.

As for why Soma beat Chaos when Dracula either willingly went along with or was forced into compliance with it, I've already explained that in previous posts. I'm not wasting my time re-explaining a point I've already elaborated. If you can't wrap your head around it, me repeating it isn't going to matter, and it's not as if I can break that particular one into less convoluted terminology, because it already has been simplified as best I can manage without the point losing itself.

But regardless, I've already explained why Soma wins out where Dracula wouldn't. It's a difference of character and moral fiber, not Power Levels that Chaos reads on the scanner he stole from Vegeta.

Bottom line on this one? Dracula ain't doing a fucking thing to Chaos, be it Full version or Boss version. Why? What the fuck is he gonna throw at it that it doesn't use as fuel already? Drac doesn't know how to fight from any sort of mental place that isn't angry or ill-willed or violent or vengeful or evil or whatever else.

AND GUESS WHAT CHAOS LIKES TO FUCKING HAVE FOR SUPPER?

Case fucking closed. Next docket, bailiff.

And again, that's interpreting a lot of stuff into IGA's quote. He said that only the evil intent gets resurrected, should Dracula be unwilling. He never said he was ever unwillingly resurrected, nor that Chaos would alter his mind so he had no choice in the matter. It is just as plausible that part of Dracula remains in perpetual limbo, the part that does feel bad about what he is doing and only his evil half is resurrected post-SotN.

You know the really cool thing about being canon-archaeologists with shit like this?

Actually, scratch that.

You know the really cool thing about doing topical research to gather evidence either in support for or against a given point or set of points?

You don't have to rely on one single solitary source, gasp!

You can extend your research to relevant sources for as long as they remain valid and contextually relevant to the point at large you aim to make!

Now ain't that just a peach. It's almost as if we have more shit going into these ideas than simply a few sentences IGA said in an interview one time.

Imagine that, eh?

Plot's already explained why this particular "IGA never said X and you're just conjecturing" thing is dumb so I'm not gonna waste time and echo him. But if I wanted to, it'd just be more of the same thing he wrote already.

So I'll stick to snark and sarcasm on this one because I don't personally believe this particular point of yours is worth anything more.

But know that it's already been countered, addressed, and disproven. Just not by me.

Case fucking closed. Next fucking docke...

Well, either we're out of dockets or my bailiff has taken his lunch break. Should I expect him to have another handful of dumb civil court dockets when he gets back, or is he gonna bring me some actual cases?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 11:18:26 PM by Dracula9 »

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2017, 01:46:53 AM »
Does anyone still have the scans for Ricordanza of the God's Abyss? If so, I'd like to take a look at it.

For anyone one wants it, please send me a PM with your email address.

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2017, 02:34:37 AM »
Friendly reminder of how ridiculously stupid "waah you don't have proof you're just making it up" is as an argument to anything lore-related Plot or I (or Nagumo, or Shiroi, or a few others, to give credit where due) say. We bust ass to make sure we've done our due research-scavenging and you all fucking know we do by now. When one of you suddenly decides to pretend otherwise and pontificate like we're pulling something out of our asses, I don't quite think you fathom the degree of insult delivered by blatantly disregarding probably weeks and months of fact-checking and cross-referencing and arguing between ourselves about what the evidence most supports and how best to write it out, to tell us we're wrong and our ideas have no evidence or support anywhere...because your personal headcanon says so.

I'm getting just as sick as he is (probably more so because I have way less situational tolerance for certain behaviors than he does) of re-re-re-re-explaining the same shit over and over and over and over because some people can't accept an idea that may just be more complex than a simple-ass black-and-white one-size-fits-all answer they've been telling themselves for years.

Now I'm going to take the gloves off here and destroy these pitiful fucking """""""""counterarguments"""""""" because they don't actually care about reaching a common ground and readjusting their source position, and just want to try and try and try and try and push and push and push for you to be right.

You're right, "SOMA WON BECAUSE HE WAS A GOOD BOY" is never outright stated. But let's look at the facts, which I'll keep simple:
-Soma is reincarnated Dracula
-Soma doesn't submit to the darkness and fights it
-Soma can beat the hell out of a Belmont
-Soma can beat the hell out of the strongest Belmont (which Julius is, I don't care what stupid conjecture other fans come up with)
-Soma has the strength of character to make choices Dracula was either to pissy or too weak to make in the past

Seeing as we have some human teenager doing all this shit a grown-ass vampire couldn't do in a thousand years, what becomes the contention? What's the main big thing that denotes the differences here?

Oh, right. Soma's morally a better person, is still human, and didn't have this evil angry battery pack slowing eroding his humanity over a thousand years.

You know what we call being a morally exceptional person and being human? Having humanity. Case fucking closed. Next docket, please.

Soma (why do you keep adding a "u" to his name, by the way?) bested Julius in a fight (the "he was holding back" excuse is invalid, Julius holding back is probably still at least as powerful as past Belmonts weaker than him fighting full-force, and those Belmonts still beat Dracula's ass).

Dracula could never do this outside of Soleiyu, but he was even more of a kid than Soma was, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ on that one.

So we've already established that "if Soma can do it Dracula could have too" is a botched attempt at an argument because we spent the entirety of the Sorrow arc plotlines watching Soma do all sorts of shit we never saw Dracula manage to pull off. I'll point to the list of some of those above for your convenience and mine, because I don't feel like retyping them again.

As for why Soma beat Chaos when Dracula either willingly went along with or was forced into compliance with it, I've already explained that in previous posts. I'm not wasting my time re-explaining a point I've already elaborated. If you can't wrap your head around it, me repeating it isn't going to matter, and it's not as if I can break that particular one into less convoluted terminology, because it already has been simplified as best I can manage without the point losing itself.

But regardless, I've already explained why Soma wins out where Dracula wouldn't. It's a difference of character and moral fiber, not Power Levels that Chaos reads on the scanner he stole from Vegeta.

Bottom line on this one? Dracula ain't doing a fucking thing to Chaos, be it Full version or Boss version. Why? What the fuck is he gonna throw at it that it doesn't use as fuel already? Drac doesn't know how to fight from any sort of mental place that isn't angry or ill-willed or violent or vengeful or evil or whatever else.

AND GUESS WHAT CHAOS LIKES TO FUCKING HAVE FOR SUPPER?

Case fucking closed. Next docket, bailiff.

You know the really cool thing about being canon-archaeologists with shit like this?

Actually, scratch that.

You know the really cool thing about doing topical research to gather evidence either in support for or against a given point or set of points?

You don't have to rely on one single solitary source, gasp!

You can extend your research to relevant sources for as long as they remain valid and contextually relevant to the point at large you aim to make!

Now ain't that just a peach. It's almost as if we have more shit going into these ideas than simply a few sentences IGA said in an interview one time.

Imagine that, eh?

Plot's already explained why this particular "IGA never said X and you're just conjecturing" thing is dumb so I'm not gonna waste time and echo him. But if I wanted to, it'd just be more of the same thing he wrote already.

So I'll stick to snark and sarcasm on this one because I don't personally believe this particular point of yours is worth anything more.

But know that it's already been countered, addressed, and disproven. Just not by me.

Case fucking closed. Next fucking docke...

Well, either we're out of dockets or my bailiff has taken his lunch break. Should I expect him to have another handful of dumb civil court dockets when he gets back, or is he gonna bring me some actual cases?

I think you fundamentally fail to realize what "friendly" means. Furthermore, you seem to take this awfully personally. Just because you spent hours, days, weeks, months researching something does not mean in any way that it was done right. You see my disagreeing with your conjectures (such as Sōma beating Dracula because he's good-natured) as something of an attack, which I think is frankly idiotic. In my previous posts, I was willing to accept, for the sake of argument, your and plottwist's claims, but you two are throwing a fit now because your interpretation of things isn't as solid as you make it out to be. As someone once said some time ago here on this forum, I believe your work on your Umbra project has given you a sense of superiority that is quite frankly misplaced. Your theories and connecting the dots is in no more valid than that of other fans, nor do your arguments hold up to scrutiny 100 % as you claim.

As for part of Dracula remaining in perpetual limbo and only his evil will getting resurrected, as opposed to him getting mind-raped by Chaos into just being evil again... All you ever had going for you was conjecture on this as well. Demanding proof from me because "plausible is not enough" is an argument that works exactly the other way around. Sure, it is plausible that Chaos does mind-rape. Do you have proof? No. IGA's quote says nothing of the sort. He said that the "evil intent gets resurrected". Chaos is not mentioned here.

Sōma beating Chaos when Dracula could not, in your opinion? Gameplay. Sometimes, the explanation is easier rather than this whole construct you came up with. You saying he won because he had more humanity than Dracula is 100 % theory, not backed up by anything. Again, something you take issue with my argument, but you hypocritically do yourself.

I have no problem with being wrong, but I have a problem with people who prance around acting like they are some sort of authority on matters never stated as canon, who then behave in a hypocritical fashion and demand prove against their own theories when they supplied little to nothing else but certain interpretations of quotes.

Lastly, might I recommend taking things such as these less personal in the future? This is a forum for discussion about all things Castlevania, not a "I'm right and you are not, dammit!"-chat.
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2017, 04:39:23 AM »
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 05:50:25 AM by Dracula9 »

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2017, 05:23:07 AM »
But that is the point. By not providing sources, all your work amounts to nothing more than yet another headcanon. I understand that people might have pissed you off so you now want to not even bother anymore with providing evidence, but A) I am not one of those people who hold vendettas against you (what reason could I possibly have?) and B) By now refusing to provide proof, you just continue the cycle you spoke of, of "my headcanon" vs "our research" because, as previously mentioned, that research amounts to nothing if people aren't shown the proof based upon it. I *really* would have prefered if this could have been discussed with rationale and actual sources, but instead it went exactly in the direction I didn't want to. I disagreed and suddenly, you two outright attack me instead of showing me what evidence you have to support your claims. Like I said, if you can provide things that prove your theories, I have no problem admitting that my theories were wrong. But as it stands now, with you just saying that "we have proof but we're not showing it"... You need to understand how empty and haughty that sounds. It makes you look no different than all those people who claim their headcanon is the only right way to look at things.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2017, 05:50:47 AM »
edit update

spoilertag because big

And I'm glad you can appreciate why we might be sick of being backed into a corner and pressed for ever-more evidence that's still never enough for some people. I never meant to imply that you were one of those people, only that this is a very real aspect of our current standing on things like this that plays into the current dissent.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 06:01:57 AM by Dracula9 »

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2017, 06:15:07 AM »
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2017, 06:17:49 AM »
this is a colbert-only thread

shame on you

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2017, 07:13:37 AM »
In my previous posts, I was willing to accept, for the sake of argument, your and plottwist's claims, but you two are throwing a fit now because your interpretation of things isn't as solid as you make it out to be.

Proof that it isn't solid.

Last I checked:

-I have a novel saying in no enigmatic words that Chaos is Dracula's power source when you said 100% sure of yourself it wasn't.
-I have an interview with Castlevania's director-at-the-time saying Dracula is forced to revive when you said Dracula had any choice in the matter (he doesn't, because he is not human -- more on that in a second).
-I have actual evidence saying Chaos (the boss) is an actual being when you said it was some "battle inside Soma" thing.

What you have:

-Conjecture. Nothing more. Every single claim you made was not backed by any evidence at all that you researched.

I'm still waiting for the evidence of YOUR claims to be demonstrated, while you sit there and demand more and more evidence from us. You seem just fine to use conjecture, but when we do with evidence to back our claims, it's the end of the world.

So, proof our interpretation is wrong, please. I'm now following the Hitchens adage "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence".

As someone once said some time ago here on this forum, I believe your work on your Umbra project has given you a sense of superiority that is quite frankly misplaced

My new favorite meme.

Your theories and connecting the dots is in no more valid than that of other fans, nor do your arguments hold up to scrutiny 100 % as you claim.

They at least have evidence. Backed up by actual official sources. I'm yet to see you do it. And I'm yet to see you cross-referencing evidence.

As for part of Dracula remaining in perpetual limbo and only his evil will getting resurrected, as opposed to him getting mind-raped by Chaos into just being evil again... All you ever had going for you was conjecture on this as well.

IGA: When someone is sealed in the Demon Realm only the evil part of that person is amplified. Whenever cult members perform the resurrection ritual, if Dracula himself is not willing, it is supposed that only the evil intent is resurrected.
However, it is thought of that Dracula will be given eternal repose someday.

"Intent" is part of your "will", isn't it? Then there is no secret here.

Now I want proof there is something like a "limbo", and that Dracula's good intent stays there.

Demanding proof from me because "plausible is not enough" is an argument that works exactly the other way around.

When you do it to us, it's a-OK. When I do it to YOU, then suddenly there is a problem? Color me shocked!

Also, remember I was the one to post ALL the evidence. You just learned this evidence existed on the day of that discussion. Don't try and act like your arguments have as much base as ours, it's objectivelly dishonest. You have demonstrated time and again you are yet to understand how the interview connects to Aria.

Hell, you TRIED to argue that just because IGA didn't outright state that Dracula IS reviving by evil intent after SotN, THEREFORE he could not be. And you are expecting us to take you seriously?

Sure, it is plausible that Chaos does mind-rape. Do you have proof?

Yes I have. It's called "Dawn of Sorrow's bad ending". I could bring the exact dialogue here, but no. Now YOU will do research, translation and interpretation (of itself and in relation to the rest of the lore) of the Japanese dialogue.

No. IGA's quote says nothing of the sort. He said that the "evil intent gets resurrected". Chaos is not mentioned here.

Chaos is not mentioned there, but the evil intent (the same from Aria) is. What, will you demand that I prove the evil intent mentioned on this interview is the same as the one in Aria, too?

You have a SEVERE case of "unable to connect the dots that are REALLY clear" and I will NOT connect the dots for you anymore. The ENTIRETY of Castlevania's lore is not constrained to a single line of dialogue, nor a single line of interview.

I hoped that this was clear, but apparently it is not.

Sometimes, the explanation is easier rather than this whole construct you came up with.

Says the guys who reads "Dracula's source of power, chaos" and interprets it as "Ah that's because Dracula killed a bunch of monsters. There, FUCKING EXPLAINED".

You saying he won because he had more humanity than Dracula is 100 % theory, not backed up by anything.

From Aria, after Soma defeats Graham:
Arikado:
When you accept all of it [talking of the evil intent], his magical power will be yours. However, like before, you will also bear the fate of the Demon King. I cannot let that happen!

From Aria, after Soma defeats Julius:
SOMA:
From here. I will set off to fight against my own fate. If I lose the battle... and I become reincarnation of evil, I want you to kill me.

From Judgment:

From Judgment's Dracula ending:

Last I checked, Dracula is not human. Therefore he cannot ponder his own existence, because this is the essence of a human soul. What do we see Soma doing? WHOSE's actions define salvation or ruin?

Again, let me reiterate: Dracula choose to abandon humanity. Soma choose to be a human. Dracula had an evil intent force his revival as a psycho. Soma defeated the evil intent out of free-will. And if Soma loses, he turns into Dracula and inherits "the fate of the Demon King". And it is humanity's actions that bring them closer to salvation or ruin.

Do I need to draw it to you?

I think you should stop this silly argument now. And I think you should stop projecting. Just because YOU speak without evidence, doesn't mean we're also doing it.

Again, something you take issue with my argument, but you hypocritically do yourself.

Debunked.

I have no problem with being wrong, but I have a problem with people who prance around acting like they are some sort of authority on matters never stated as canon

Debunked. Also: "I have no problem with being wrong"

Debunked.

and demand prove against their own theories

And you provided ZERO of it, while I'm still here providing some against yours.

when they supplied little to nothing else but certain interpretations of quotes.

Still better than providing ZERO quotes to interpret.

Lastly, might I recommend taking things such as these less personal in the future?

When you start acting as if we are complete retards while YOU can just barely connect two simple dots (evil intent mentioned in the interview, then evil intent is mentioned to be influenced by chaos in Aria), you cannot expect me (at least) to not go batshit on you. It sounds like you're being dishonest, like you're TOYING with us. Sounds like you're doing this out of sadism, and contradicting certain things purely for contradiction's sake (eg HURR IGA DIDN'T SAY DRACULA WAS EVER REVIVED AGAINST HIS WILL, DID HE????????).

Also, interesting to note: While you were constantly demanding proof for every comma, every variation of the same word, every period, it was OK. As soon as I demanded proof from YOU, then you went on a downvoting spree. And then you ask us to "not take it personally".

Very curious, isn't it?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 09:04:25 AM by theplottwist »

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2017, 09:19:13 AM »
The downvoting spree (which also contained upvoting, but it is convenient to ignore such things for the sake of making yourself look better), as you call it, was because of your rude wording, NOT your argument against mine. I'd thank you not to take this stuff so personally and stop acting like a slighted child. If you would have any shred of decency, you would have realized this, instead of desperately grasping for straws to make me look bad. If you present your arguments in a calm, collected way, I have no problem with this. But you chose to be an ass about it, chose to take it personal, chose to be insulted every single step of the way because "oh god, my theories aren't infallible!".

I was willing to let this go but man, it is actually *you* who is holding a grudge against everyone who dares not agree with you. Again, highly hypocritical. What is the basis of your superiority complex?

Still, I thank you for supplying more evidence for your theories, even if the presentation was as bad as it could have possibly been.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 09:30:10 AM by DraculaCronqvist »

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2017, 09:41:49 AM »
+1
The downvoting spree, as you call it, was because of your rude wording

"Rude" is a matter of perspective. I asked proof, that was all. I called you no names, nor I made you look like a fool. I used the same metric you used against us: You demand proof for every comma, hence now I want proof too.

stop acting like a slighted child.

It wasn't me that immediately appealed to a personal project to try and demoralize the people working on it, was it?

If you would have any shred of decency

It wasn't me that immediately appealed to a personal project to try and demoralize the people working on it, was it?[2]

instead of desperately grasping for straws to make me look bad

It wasn't me that immediately appealed to a personal project to try and demoralize the people working on it, was it?[3]

But you chose to be an ass about it, chose to take it personal

It wasn't me that immediately appealed to a personal project to try and demoralize the people working on it, was it?[4]

See, the same argument works FOUR TIMES in a row. As soon as you possibly could, you took Umbra and used it as weapon. And then you want me to not take it personally?

chose to be insulted every single step of the way because "oh god, my theories aren't infallible!".

This again? I'm still waiting for your refutation of what I said. You can't repeat "THEORY!!!" and have me think you debunked the evidence.

I was willing to let this go but man

"But man" no, I was the one letting it go. But now, here is the deal:

I will advice you to not use Umbra against anyone involved on the project any longer, anywhere if the project itself is not being discussed. You're not AlexCalvo, and it's not just Castlevania lore I'm very good at researching. The project exists because I'm like this, it wasn't the project who made me into this. The project has little to nothing to do with any debate done outside of it.

The people working on it have 100% freedom to come here and speak whatever they think of me at any given time. Or do you think I'm holding Dracula9, Aensland, Belmontoya, Chernabogue or Junki Sakuraba hostage to say what I want them to or create content for the project? They also have the power to shape the project provided discussion is had, so a bit of each of them is infused on the project. When you use the project to attack a member, you're using the PEOPLE involved with it to attack this member. People who did nothing to you. People who are not here to defend themselves. People who respect me, have my respect, and respect themselves. Umbra is not one person anymore.

So, don't talk to me about decency and grudges because I can prove even here that someone with a grudge is not me.

"Are you threatening me?"

I'm giving you friendly advice. I find your instance EXTREMELLY rude to use the project to infer anything about my conrades or my mindset. So, just try and weaponize Umbra again against anyone involved with it.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 10:23:01 AM by theplottwist »

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2017, 09:48:32 AM »
"Rude" is a matter of perspective. I asked proof, that was all. I called you no names, nor I made you look like a fool. I used the same metric you used against us: You demand proof for every comma, hence now I want proof too.

It wasn't me that immediately appealed to a personal project to try and demoralize the people working on it, was it?

It wasn't me that immediately appealed to a personal project to try and demoralize the people working on it, was it?[2]

It wasn't me that immediately appealed to a personal project to try and demoralize the people working on it, was it?[3]

It wasn't me that immediately appealed to a personal project to try and demoralize the people working on it, was it?[4]

See, the same argument works FOUR TIMES in a row. As soon as you possibly could, you took Umbra and used it as weapon. And then you want me to not take it personally?

This again? I'm still waiting for your refutation of what I said. You can't repeat "THEORY!!!" and have me think you debunked the evidence.

"But man" no, I was the one letting it go. But now, here is the deal:

I will advice you to not use Umbra against anyone involved on the project any longer, anywhere. You're not AlexCalvo, and it's not just Castlevania lore I'm very good at researching. The project exists because I'm like this, it wasn't the project who made me into this. The project has little to nothing to do with any debate done outside of it.

The people working on it have 100% freedom to come here and speak whatever they think of me at any given time. Or do you think I'm holding Dracula9, Aensland, Belmontoya or Chernabogue hostage to say what I want them to? They also have the power to shape the project provided discussion is had.

So, don't talk to me about decency and grudges because I can prove even here that someone with a grudge is not me.

"Are you threatening me?"

I'm giving you friendly advice. Just try and weaponize Umbra against anyone involved with it.

I believe we're done here. What you said, the way you said it, says a lot about what kind of person you are and I have absolutely no wish to associate myself with you any further, in any way.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2017, 09:51:44 AM »
I believe we're done here. What you said, the way you said it, says a lot about what kind of person you are and I have absolutely no wish to associate myself with you any further, in any way.

Good. Let's keep it at it. And remember: No using Umbra against anyone with a PIXEL of involvement with it. Remember that you are no AlexCalvo, and remember you are in no position to teach me about grudges.

You made it personal the second you tried used the project (my hand, Chernabogue's hand, Belmontoya's hand, Aensland's hand, Junki's hand) to demoralize Dracula9. I will not sit idly and let you use my project as a weapon against my team mates.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 10:08:35 AM by theplottwist »

Tags:

anything