Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Tying up loose ends  (Read 2968 times)

Offline Belmont legacy

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: October 28, 2017, 06:11:30 AM »
So I have been binging Castlevania recently and made it to rondo of blood on the virtual console and after getting beaten by Death like 4 or 5 times (I don't know why he's so difficult) it got me thinking; should I go back and play lament of innocence then hop over to curse of darkness and come back to rondo of blood? I mean chronologically this would make sense and thats really what I'm going for here. I've completed every other Castlevania up to this point and since rondo of blood is the last one to feature a real Belmont until Julius in Aria I thought I might as well tie up loose ends before moving on.
By My Hands...The Belmont Clan Will Be Avenged...

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 09:38:08 AM »
Yes go ahead, you have my blessing

But the real question is, how can you prove it to us that you've done so, without just taking ur word for it ?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 10:42:25 AM »
rondo of blood is the last one to feature a real Belmont until Julius

Both CV Bloodlines and CV64/LoD has real Belmonts, just not by sir name of course, if that's what you mean.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Belmont legacy

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 12:15:56 PM »
The only problem is I don't own a Genesis so bloodlines will have to wait and I've beaten 64 a while back but it's regarded as non Canon. I'll probably go back and do lament of innocence and then curse of darkness just to connect the past stories together and then start rondo over. I forgot to save the maidens, anyways.  :-*

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 06:59:18 AM »
+2
Don't let 64's canon status deter you.  it's got some of the best supporting characters and atmosphere in the series. 

Offline Belmont legacy

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 09:39:00 AM »
Oh I totally agree. It gets a horrible rep but imho I have a soft spot for Castlevania 64. I remember my mom buying it for me from a pawn shop when I was a kid (grew up poor) and I honestly enjoyed it all the way through except for the tnt walk of death. It has it's problems but honestly I seen them as a learning curve as far as controls go. I personally think this should've been considered Canon. I like the characters and while the enemies can be a bit goofy the final form of Dracula is epic. I still need to play legacy of darkness.

Tags: