Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Assassin's Creed: The Movie  (Read 8732 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: June 06, 2015, 11:57:52 PM »
The first teaser poster is out.

20th Century Fox and Ubisoft Motion Pictures' Assassin’s Creed movie stars Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard (Alicia Vikander is also rumoured to be in talks). The film, to be directed by Justin Kurzel, is scheduled to start shooting this August for a December 21th, 2016 release. Assassin's Creed is being co-financed by RatPac and Alpha Pictures. Frank Marshall, Arnon Milchan, Jean-Julien Baronnet, Conor McCaughan, Fassbender and Pat Crowley are producing. Bill Collage, Adam Cooper and Michael Lesslie wrote the script.

Source: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=121415

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 08:14:21 AM »
That is a pretty tight schedule... Probably going to be a crappy rush job. The cycle of bad video game movies continues.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 10:03:49 AM »
It's too bad, since the Meta story is what I wanted to know more and more about.
It just blanked out after III, so I kinda stopped really caring much about the later games (though Black Flag is awesome).

I should buy a cheap copy of Rogue.  I hear it's great.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 11:11:14 AM »
That fast? Well I personally won't know if this movie tanks or not. At least not till I've seen it.

Trying my first Asassin's Creed game; Liberation. It came with the American AC HD collection. It's interesting and not as complex a game to play as I first thought. Still getting used to jumping from building to building without even thinking about it. And I like the fact that Aveline wears a hat rather then the staple hood. It makes her stand out from the rest of the brotherhood.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 01:50:16 AM »
I also wanted the Meta story more than the individual stories (everything is lackluster after the Ezio epic). What the heck is Juno planning?.... Unity did not give anything.

@Jorge: Rogue still has your fave ship sailing stuff with more badass Templar upgrades. And yes, it has the Meta stuff.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 11:29:14 PM »
That poster isn't very impressive considering it's a professional studio. Most random people online can make a better poster than that, or at least on par with it. Case in point:

Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 02:01:22 AM »
Ubisoft's clarification about the said poster:
"The Assassin's Creed film-related artwork is a placeholder image being used for the Licensing show taking place this week in the U.S. It is not the official key art or poster for the upcoming film which is slated to release December 2016.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 11:20:37 PM »
Ubisoft's clarification about the said poster:
"The Assassin's Creed film-related artwork is a placeholder image being used for the Licensing show taking place this week in the U.S. It is not the official key art or poster for the upcoming film which is slated to release December 2016.

Okay, goodie. It looks like a photo-shopped picture using stock images that anyone could find on Google and basic brushes you can download online.

Hopefully, that December 2016 release is also a placeholder, but I won't hold my breath on that one.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 11:01:00 PM »
One thing about this movie for sure, if they don't have a scene where someone jumps into a pile of hay, the fanbase will revolt.

I'm sure they'll add it. It is a must. Plus they've got in house parkour peeps that they can tap for the shot.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 04:07:58 PM »
I'm finally getting back into 1 again, and am now on to Memory Block 5, with Altair having just discovered about the guys he's hunted down all being Templars, and Al Mualim's just shown him the Apple.  It's just so.... lacklustre... compared to the brilliance of the 2 trilogy.  I don't give a moneks about naval warfare, this is about assassins, darnit, not Pirates of the Carribbean!
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 12:44:40 AM »
Uhm, tattered, this is about the upcoming movie and not the game.

As for the games, some peeps like the ocean, and some are landlubbers.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 03:08:48 AM »
*Laughs*  I know.  I was just replying to a few posts further up from you Jorge, and X.  I was probably not clear enough in my slightly unclear post.  It was very late here.  Ooops.  I meant to say as well that I kind of liked some of the Meta plot with Desmond and the Precursors, but yeah.... it kind of fizzled a bit, I also want to know what Juno's up to!

Offline lesomaface

• Abandon All Hope
  • Hunter in Training
  • This castle is a creature of chaos...
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2015, 06:38:03 AM »
Judging by the meta stories of the Assassin Creed games, it's probably gonna be a bad movie.

But who knows? You can't really judge something by its cover.
"Die monster! You don't belong in this world!"

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2015, 08:56:50 AM »
Who do people think Fasbender will end up playing?  Will Desmond and Altair be played by the same guy?  (I've often held the thought of what if Desmond is in fact the reincarnation of Altair and Ezio.)

Offline lesomaface

• Abandon All Hope
  • Hunter in Training
  • This castle is a creature of chaos...
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2015, 09:06:31 AM »
It's quite possible that he act both characters but I think he's more built as Desmond.
"Die monster! You don't belong in this world!"

Tags: