Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The "Era of no Belmont"  (Read 17099 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2013, 11:07:25 PM »
+2
More questions? From a point of view, that's good. It means more games, more soundtracks...

More items for our collections!

I believe more questions are fun since it allows us to exercise our minds. If everything has an answer, then wouldn't life be boring?

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2013, 12:10:30 AM »
More items for our collections!

I believe more questions are fun since it allows us to exercise our minds. If everything has an answer, then wouldn't life be boring?
Playing life with Game Genie  :P
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2013, 06:43:09 AM »
+1
But I didn't mention Iga, I even speculated about the Alucard game developed by a new studio.

Sounds like something Platinum Games could do.  ;)

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2013, 08:32:15 AM »
+2
Indeed, they created more questions, but listening to Curse of Darkness and Order of Eclessia soundtracks so frequently, I would never say those games were pointless, or any other CV game for that matter.
Not to mention that, apart from listening to CV music every day, all those are games that I love to play again from time to time.
More questions? From a point of view, that's good. It means more games, more soundtracks...

I meant story wise. Story wise, the games are pointless. They didn't progress the story...at all. I'm all for some mysteries in video games but something important as to why there were no Belmonts around to go up against Dracula at that time should not be a mystery. 

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2013, 09:37:19 AM »
+1
I meant story wise. Story wise, the games are pointless. They didn't progress the story...at all. I'm all for some mysteries in video games but something important as to why there were no Belmonts around to go up against Dracula at that time should not be a mystery. 

Agreed.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2013, 11:27:17 AM »
Of course, Konami was making it all up as they went along. Portrait of Ruin prolonged the Morris line simply because there wasn’t enough space for another Belmont. They felt it warranted an explanation, so they came up with that poor excuse for a “prophecy” Lecarde gives us in the game, which mentioned 1999 only because they had used Julius in the previous Sorrow series.
It was the same for Order of Ecclesia; because they had banished the Belmonts from the 1800’s, they could invent whomever they wanted.

Yet I wouldn’t call these games “pointless”; on their own, their stories were quite decent and moved the game forward at a good pace. And as for the rest of what these games offered… it’s a whole different story.
The Castlevania storyline isn’t exactly known to be very stable, anyway.
As for CoD, that game has one of my favorite plots in the entire series (save maybe LoS, but that’s different).
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2013, 12:01:18 PM »
Eh, I believe it when IGA said he had the entire story of 1797 - 2035 planned out. It's just the "gamplay over story" method has prevented us from learning the answer. Each game does reveal a little bit of the puzzle each time. We do know what happend to the Belmonts, we just don't know why it happend.  :-\

Offline AngelicDefier

• "Well, not bad huh?"
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2013, 02:41:34 PM »
Reinhardt Schneider was originally intended to be a Belmont, but changed to a distant relative, for awhile these game weren't canon until CoTM...
Ironically, John Morris had no ties to the Belmont family until PoR, which was unnecessary because Nathan Graves can wield the VK without any blood ties to Belmonts.

In reality: IGA took advantage of the situation and made the non-Belmont era, for awhile it was interesting until the constant phoning in on the 1999 thing...

In Games: Somehow Ritcher cursed the Bloodline from using the Whip in SoTN, thus Creating the Era.

It would have made more sense if the Vampire Killer was exhausted of its power either by Richter outputting so much power or by that concentrated era of resurrections, or something else that makes more sense....

Actually the whip that Nathan wields is not Vampire Killer, it's a similar whip name the Hunter Whip, you know like the Undead Killer in PoR.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2013, 02:47:06 PM »
Actually the whip that Nathan wields is not Vampire Killer, it's a similar whip name the Hunter Whip, you know like the Undead Killer in PoR.

I've already said that, but this serves to reforce my statement, thanks and welcome to the forum :)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2013, 10:15:40 PM »
Sounds like something Platinum Games could do.  ;)
And I'd totally support that if it turns out to be like Bayonetta.

Oh, I see.
I can see the beauty surrounding a mystery. I'd like an explanation, of course, but at this point, we've all had speculated so much, that (just as the 1.999 battle game) nor explanation neither game would satisfy the fanbase's majority.

Another Portrait of Ruin fan! Yay!!!  ;D
Welcome to the Dungeon! You can check in at any time, but you can never leave...
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Oniros

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2013, 06:29:22 PM »
My theory is that all protagonists are descendants of the Belmonts but they don't know it. :P
(click to show/hide)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2013, 07:48:10 PM »
Aren't most of the protagonists already counted as such? I mean except for Shanoa there isn't really any question for the others since they're either partners that don't wield the Vampire Killer or they are members of families indirectly related to the Belmont line.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2013, 12:27:09 PM »
Hey, my old thread has come back.

Aren't most of the protagonists already counted as such? I mean except for Shanoa there isn't really any question for the others since they're either partners that don't wield the Vampire Killer or they are members of families indirectly related to the Belmont line.
Not quite. Alucard, Eric, Nathan, Soma, Charlotte, Hector, Shanoa.... For the sake of naming a few. Unless that's what you mean by "partners that don't wield the VK".

My theory is that all protagonists are descendants of the Belmonts but they don't know it. :P
The next major CV plot twist:
(click to show/hide)

... Nah. That would make it all seem so utterly uninteresting. It's part of the fun to get to know the character you're playing as, and to understand why he was chosen in the first place.
Maybe CV's storyline isn't as pampered as in Konami's other flagship series, but we'll have to make do with what we have. If our Castlevania lore won't be handed to us in its 'official' form, we'll just have to make it up. Another reason why I consider it to be a crime that the CV fanfic site isn't more populated...

And speaking of continuities, why don't we just implement our own "Dungeon Timeline", just for the hell of it?
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2013, 05:23:48 PM »
And speaking of continuities, why don't we just implement our own "Dungeon Timeline", just for the hell of it?

We've got a thread about that already. However it's been months (longer then six) so resurrecting it would be a not-so good idea. Unless you wanted to start a new one...
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2013, 10:48:52 PM »

Tags: