Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Judgment: canon or not?  (Read 13137 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2012, 04:15:04 AM »
My gut tells me to quit drinking coffee and give tithes and offerings to the Porcelain Goddess.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Kusanagi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Not even the legend of Belmont can withstand time
    • Awards
Re: Judgment: canon or not?
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2012, 09:43:35 PM »
Like what a few have already mentioned, Maria's personality is the wrench in that game being cannon. A real change, even if she were in her pre-teen stage I doubt that it would work out too well (if not for her innocent personality before hand, the fanbase certainly shows they didn't like it). Don't even remember at what point in time Aeon took Maria from, though either way it's still a problem.

The love triangle could work, since the character's personalities were never truly explored nor their relationships to one another (asides Trevor and Sypha). Aeon can both be non cannon or exist in the timeline, as his story doesn't contradict anything (other than that other Aeon in Curse of Darkness). And the simple "everyone else forgets the events that took place" would more than suffice to making the story cannon.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2012, 11:54:44 PM »
They obviously modeled Maria's personality after how she acted in Rondo. Especially when looking at the cutscenes, you can tell she was envisioned to be a silly little girl like in Judgment. In that sense, her personality is consistent.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2012, 02:52:04 AM »
+1
EDIT:

Nevermind.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 02:56:52 AM by Successor The Red »

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2012, 12:46:20 PM »
Well the way Dracula seems to operate, whenever he rises from the grave, he retakes his land, like any old lord would, Vlad Tepes did a few times, but his reign has never really left his domain, hes always mentioned about conquest and what not, but always seems to be content on just being left alone in his castle under his rule, He seems to be a a tyrant when his rule "Which back in his time, was law" is questioned, he was very polite to Shanoa, weither it was cause she was female is to be debated, but He has always held the grudge against the belmonts, there seems to be no pleasentrys, but for judgment, he recongizes his kingdom is underseige, and like the warlord hes been named, goes to defend it, and possibly his honor or title, in the game, he doesnt seem to take anyone's side, since as the ruler of (possibly romania?) or wherever the castle has formed, but in all the games he rarely attacked the neighboring areas, unless someone either threatened him or a belmont lived in the area, eg the origianl dracula (bran stoker) never attacked the village bellow his castle, the people feared him, and that fear made them respect his power, like a typical
King, according to manual he is a King in Judgment, but Gala, well his motives havent really really been ironed out, what does his conquest hold for humanity, same could be said for dracula, his "War" never seemed to actually go into motion
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Tags:

anything