Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Resident Evil UC  (Read 4674 times)

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Resident Evil UC
« on: November 24, 2007, 01:33:27 PM »
I've been playing it so much my eyes burn. The game isn't as fun as normal resident evil games, but it is cool to see familiar areas, find items, and customize weapons. Plus you can play wesker.It is definately more of a resident evil game than 4 at least...but even Gaiden was more of an RE game than that so I guess it isn't saying much.

Pick it up if you haven't already.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline A vicar in a tutu

• As natural as rain, he dances again.
  • Master Hunter
  • Get your vile soul dry-cleaned
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 08:04:41 PM »
I've had it since its release.
The first boss in Wesker's scenario was a total bastard.
Pretty nice game, it's easier on co-op but at the time a bit harder, because of sharing the same life bar and avoidng random cued enemy attacks.

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Resident Evil UC
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 06:22:29 AM »
I had it preordered but I was too busy to pick it up till now.

That boss was pretty easy, but his punches were annoying. With the Rocket Launcher being in the back (in hard mode at least) it makes it simple.( I assume he is a Mr. X from RE2 and Survivor, but I guess I'll just have to play farther to see if they confirm it.)
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline A vicar in a tutu

• As natural as rain, he dances again.
  • Master Hunter
  • Get your vile soul dry-cleaned
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 09:21:44 AM »
Well the bosses might be at times easy, but the game requires precision almost all of the time in order to stop enemy attacks such as "Mr. X's rushing to beat your face"
Nice game, I still have to play it with the Zapper.

Offline Larzuk

• Owned
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 05:47:28 PM »
Ive finally managed to finish this game with all missions. Very fun game. Though I do wish the characters from RE2 were in it.

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 08:41:23 PM »
I got the zapper. It is more fun to play with except when using the knife attack. Link's crossbow training is a hell of a lot of fun. I didn't think i'd like it much but it is awesome. I've already got all the best medals but I still like replaying the levels. There are 27 I think.

Yea, I wish the game was longer.

Offline John Capricorn

• Celebrate good times, c'mon. Celebrate ...etc
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 04:23:23 PM »
I hoe they make another true survival horror Re game, one that also considers the story seriously.  : (

Oh well maybe PSP will see a new RE like past RE games.  But really, imagine a new RE done with fixed camera angles, on a higher peice of technology.  If REmake looks like god on GCN, then imagine it on the new systems?

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 05:35:19 PM »
It would probably have slightly better character models but it wouldn't be such a major improvement that the remake was going from ps to GC. And there would likely be a downgrade in backround graphics since they would get rid of the prerendered stuff (Which works great for RE imo).
Too bad RE5 is looking lame. I didn't even recognize the main character. Looks like they couldn't decide whether to make Chris or Carlos.

Offline Larzuk

• Owned
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 08:00:32 PM »
In Reply To #8

I just want the zombies back. They need to remake RE2 and RE3.

Offline olroxshade

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 08:36:44 PM »
Err...this is useful until House of Dead comes to Wii -_-

btw, Battle with Bat in Re0 Chapter is Epic

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 06:32:13 AM »
Is that sarcasm? I thought it was pretty lame. But I expected it to be lame since it was a mini-boss in the actual game. I like the part with the green things in the hall. (I wrote it that way so I don't spoil anything.)

Tags:

anything