Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: The Main Timeline (video)  (Read 1927 times)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« on: June 19, 2023, 09:40:07 PM »
+3
Hello, guys! Long time no posting.

Master Alucard and I spend months upon months producing a Castlevania timeline video. We are well aware of the hundreds of others on Youtube, but we set out to make one ourselves because, being frank with you, we felt none was delivering the thing as we believed it should be delivered, and the Brazilian Youtube community ESPECIALLY was a dearth on the subject.

This video is also the culmination of the Castlevania run in his channel. He has always covered the games from the gameplay angle but never story. So this video comes to close off that gap.

To that end we set the bar really, really high on the asset, research and editing department, to make it as high-quality as we could possibly do. Hence, 4-hour Castlevania timeline video. And we did, in fact, subtitle the entire thing in English, so the non-portuguese speaking world can also enjoy it, if it wishes.

I want also to make special mention of a few things:
  • This video features work from people who have contributed a lot of cool stuff to the fandom. Special shout-out to Chernabogue, Dracula9 and Aensland. Belmontoya, too!
  • This video was made with heart, and everyone contributing to it is credited. This place has been my home for years and is recognized.
  • This video brings never-before-seen 1999 research to the table. From this point forward, anywhere you see it, here is the source.
  • We went the full mile and we talked about non-canon, too.
...and there are a few surprises in the video I cannot talk about without spoiling the thing. So, here it is:

If you like this video and wish to see it actually remade into English - sources, narration, the entire goddamn thing - please let yourself be known. VOICE the desire in the comments. If enough of this is done, we will remake it entirely into English. Also, do not forget if you notice something reading strange into English. Mistakes happen.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 08:19:25 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline MasterAlucard

• Nutella
  • Worst Brazilian Castlevania Youtuber
    • My Channel:
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: Castlevania: The Main Timeline (video)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2023, 09:48:40 PM »
cool vid bro  ;D
It's been a long time old one!
You can check out my reviews here (PT-BR)
https://www.youtube.com/c/MasterAlucardCastlevania/videos

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2023, 11:49:34 PM »
As always with anything related to Castlevania and you Plot, it goes deep and goes the extra mile. Will take the time to watch this Very Brief video over the coming week. :p

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2023, 09:34:34 AM »
4 hours. Ouch  :o

I'll definitely have to set aside some time after work, lol.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2023, 08:22:18 PM »
As always with anything related to Castlevania and you Plot, it goes deep and goes the extra mile. Will take the time to watch this Very Brief video over the coming week. :p

There's a fun trivia about this vid that is related to the Youtube format + budget + execution time. This video is not MORE in-depth because we really could not afford to do it :P

4 hours. Ouch  :o I'll definitely have to set aside some time after work, lol.

Please do! I REALLY hope you guys enjoy even if it's english subtitles only (for now at least)
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Tags: