Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Circle of the Moon on Wii U Virtual Console  (Read 5267 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Circle of the Moon on Wii U Virtual Console
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2014, 07:13:17 PM »
This is fine and dandy, but wake me up when it's announced for the West. So many times I get happy when I hear great games get announced for Virtual Console or PSN in Japan, only to come to the conclusion that many aren't even released in the Western versions(despite a lot of those games actually being released in the west in their initial forms). It's depressing.

Offline EisaKrieger

• Elemental Warrior
  • Hunter in Training
    • My Cv: Fjording of the Abyss page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 06:17:48 PM »
I like how Magician mode starts you with all the cards aside from all the magic power with fast regen.  Of course you can always easily glitch activate cards you don't have but actually having them is more convenient/enjoyable and the effects are then labeled in your card selection.  I noticed hits do some brutal damage though.  With the fast regen, Uranus + Unicorn = free healing, now a bunch of +4's with the level Nathan is currently at, but you can be nailed for another chunk of damage you just healed when you come out of it.  I've been keeping it subweaponless for the secret itemless crush, but with 200 hearts now to unleash it twice, the zombie dragons were wiped out with that and two whips to the surviving one.  Really took any challenge out of that fight.  I'll see how it goes further on.  It'll be cool if the other modes give you all the cards as well while just not emphasizing magic use.  I guess I'll find out when I enable them.  Or does some mode deprive you of magic to even use them?

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2014, 11:33:40 PM »
I like how Magician mode starts you with all the cards aside from all the magic power with fast regen.  Of course you can always easily glitch activate cards you don't have but actually having them is more convenient/enjoyable and the effects are then labeled in your card selection.  I noticed hits do some brutal damage though.  With the fast regen, Uranus + Unicorn = free healing, now a bunch of +4's with the level Nathan is currently at, but you can be nailed for another chunk of damage you just healed when you come out of it.  I've been keeping it subweaponless for the secret itemless crush, but with 200 hearts now to unleash it twice, the zombie dragons were wiped out with that and two whips to the surviving one.  Really took any challenge out of that fight.  I'll see how it goes further on.  It'll be cool if the other modes give you all the cards as well while just not emphasizing magic use.  I guess I'll find out when I enable them.  Or does some mode deprive you of magic to even use them?

Warrior mode doesn't deprive you of magic, but it does deprive you of the cards. You have only raw strength.
Ruler of Chaos

Tags: