Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Why you (dis)like Facebook Games?  (Read 1859 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« on: June 26, 2012, 08:25:01 PM »
This is for you guys that play games on Facebook. I recently got my business license and am working on building my first game development studio. That said, my first target is social gaming on Facebook. I have some ideas for games I'd like to produce, but I'd like some general feedback on the state of FB gaming those that know about it.

1) What I'm looking for is info on likes and dislikes about FB games.

2) Also, the reasons why you either do or don't play FB games.

3) What you'd like to see happen with FB games.

Thanks for your comments!
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 02:11:40 AM »
I don't really take interest in Facebook games, since if it isn't something similar to Farmville, it's literally the exact same text-based RPG with different names slapped in different places, with different pictures (but otherwise they all play entirely the same).

As for what I'd like to see happen with FB games? I'd really like something... action-y, you know?
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Lucius J. Belmont

• Bathrobe Werewolf
  • Hunter in Training
  • stronger, more resilient than a spider
    • im mike jones
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 03:21:41 PM »
1. I only played one for any time, something about building a zoo? I liked the animal facts. Most of the others have always seemed boring and often poorly spelled into the bargain.

2. I don't play because it's a time suck and I don't have the down-time, and because it clutters up feeds and makes Facebook even more obnoxious save those blessed few who make a separate account to do that stuff. Make it easily playable on mobile devices because no one wants to be chained to a full size computer anymore, except people who work internet-allowed desk jobs and are bored, but that isn't most people.

3. I'd like to stop being spammed with requests for a cow or to join Weed Farmer by cousins and aunts I never even talk to. Failing that, no preference :p Or can I be obvious and say I'd like something Castlevania-y? Something really well researched, anyway. Obscure myths and monsters, interesting pictures, text that doesn't appear to have been translated with a shoe.
"Well of course I understand. You live forever because your pure, sinless service is utterly and indomitably unballasted by any weight or dross of mere human weakness. Ah, the advantages of clean living."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 01:51:27 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, guys. Please feel free to make suggestions/comments for the sort of stuff you'd like to see in the world of FB games.
"Stuff and things."

Tags: