Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Great Reviewer: All Castlevania Reviews (please read and debate)  (Read 30563 times)

Offline xscientist5000

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
Re: The Great Reviewer: All Castlevania Reviews (please read and debate)
« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2013, 08:24:24 PM »
+1
"Castlevania has always been influenced by God of War and other games, like Metroid."

vania has always been influenced by God of War and other games, li

influenced by God of War

God of War
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 08:26:33 PM by vKiller86 »

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2013, 08:44:37 PM »
+2
"Castlevania has always been influenced by God of War and other games, like Metroid."

vania has always been influenced by God of War and other games, li

influenced by God of War

God of War
What?  You didn't play the version of God of War that was released in the early 80s? 

:P

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2013, 09:37:17 AM »
+2
Back in the day, it was called Rygar.
>.>
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2013, 11:13:23 AM »
Rygar.........i have never finish it.......... :'(
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2013, 12:08:26 PM »
Back in the day, it was called Rygar.
>.>

That ending that f'ing ending AGGHH!!! That freaking
(click to show/hide)
ending !!!!!  >:( I stood up till 2-3 in the morning for that  crap !!!

I never spoil endings espically NES games I've never seen the ending to NJ gaiden except a what like a year ago and man it was so worth it but rygar? man I cannot believe it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 12:11:46 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline The Great Reviewer

• Licensed and superior technician in the entertainment arts
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2013, 02:04:22 PM »
Thanks for your answers. It has nothing to do with the fact that I'm Spanish. My reviews are objective, and if the Spanish games have had good scores, it is because they are good games, period. Do not seek a more elaborate explanation. I understand the passion for games before, but it is natural to accept the change, and it is natural that with current tools, when new games talent set a new standard of quality. We have a saying here, for the children of MercurySteam: "they have the bar high in September, will not be easy for the team That comes after them" I do not know if it has translated well.
And as for the user to whom I have compared myself by other users, I've been looking for, and for nothing, you're wrong. That whom mentioned, for posts, seems to be a fanboy of the other side of the stream, but not objective.
Do not forget that I have also had good scores to other games in the series, such as Symphony of the Night.
I do not care if the game is made in Spain or in Bangladesh, I will be fair with my grades according to what I see.
Thanks again for your attention. Regards.
Mirror of Fate: 5 stars out of 5 stars (best rating in the history of my column in the magazine).

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2013, 04:32:05 PM »
+2
So basically you are saying that you choose not to take a lick of constructive advice given to you, and instead you call us wrong.

You are not fair in your judgement, because your judgement is based on inaccurate facts and a lack of researching the topic of your review. Not to mention the fact you give an non-proportionate amount of love to some games (Order of Ecclesia, Mirror of Fate), and hardly a few paragraphs to others. (Castlevania Adventure, CV X68000) That does not constitute fairness. Fairness would be dissecting each game by the same standards universally...not just the ones you favor.

I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt and hoped you'd be a bit more humble. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case.

People....

Tags:

anything