Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CV AOS Future Alucard  (Read 18079 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2016, 05:34:44 PM »
- UPDATE -

Well here is a bit of a update with the hack, it is pretty much 99% done and I'm just trying to figure out a way to get the mist transformation to work correctly since I ran into issues with getting a correct palette to look right ingame, I may just do away with it and release the hack as is but I plan to give it one more shot real soon and the hack should be released before the end of the weekend.

Here is a gamelay video, for those who don't like filters they will have to wait until the official hack release video that I am going to make real soon to release the hack and show off more features, in that video there will be no filters.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure (GB)
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2016, 04:06:56 AM »
I guess there's only so much you can do with the limited animation. Not as smooth as SOTN, that's for sure.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2016, 07:26:22 AM »
I guess there's only so much you can do with the limited animation. Not as smooth as SOTN, that's for sure.

What are you referring to specifically?

And the smoothness/fluidity loss may be due to the free cam I used, it looks much more fluid ingame on the emulator but the FPS is lower with that litecam which makes the animation not look as good in the video.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2016, 09:01:28 AM »
I can see that the walk and the wolf form lose some parts of the animation, most of the time looks like the wolf slide XD.

Good to know more of your project.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2016, 09:46:04 AM »
I can see that the walk and the wolf form lose some parts of the animation, most of the time looks like the wolf slide XD.

Good to know more of your project.

Yea that may be due to the panther run and the lack of animations for it, the wolf only has 4 animations and they all move really fast thanks to how fast the panther soul is so its not going to look that great in motion since some of those animations move so fast that you barely catch a glimpse of them lol, the low FPS for the video did not help this either.

Its the same with the walk animation, he is moving so fast since technically its supposed to be the the speed of running and as such his animations are going so fast that you can't really see the fluidity of it clearly.

I still think it came out nice, and thanks. ;D

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2016, 02:02:47 PM »
-UPDATE -

Ok so here is the long delayed update concerning this hack lol, I am pretty much at 98% done with the project at this point, All I am waiting on is for caminopreacher to get done with the story and also how to figure out a way to get the palette for the Alucard dialogue portrait loaded correctly.

Here is a picture of how the portrait looks currently,

As you can see part of the palette did not load on some parts of the image at all which is why some of it is see through while the rest just is not mapped correctly, worse comes to worse I may just have to leave it as black and white, at least that way its not Genya Arikado's portrait for a Alucard hack.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 02:05:51 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2016, 10:58:38 PM »
Can't you just roll it back to another version? You must have backups right?

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2016, 05:49:35 AM »
Im at work on my cell phone so i cant get in to details now but i fixed the issue and im using a new portrait instead of the SOTN one, will show pictures and give more details later when i go on my lunch break.

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2016, 04:03:21 PM »
Ok, good work.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2016, 04:36:59 PM »
-Update-

Ok so I was having a problem with getting the image portrait replaced correctly because I was using Tile Molester to edit the palette instead of Advanced Palette Editor, once I switched over the colors loaded ok, the problem was that the SOTN Alucard portrait used far to many colors in its palette to look passable (I think it was over 20 colors in the palette and GBA only supports 16) so I went and used a different Alucard portrait instead.

Here are some images of some of the portraits replaced,

The top one is from the future Alucard hack, I used the same image as the one in my youtube video but like the SOTN portrait it uses so many colors that it did not load perfectly, but in comparison to the SOTN one that I was using this one came out looking passable so I decided to keep it.

The second image is from a hack I plan on making after this that I am going to call Castlevania Dawn of Symphony which is going to replace Soma's sprites with new Alucard sympony of the night inspired ones although they will be more unique and different from his from Symphony of the night since they are being made from scratch by Julian/Jop.

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2016, 11:33:36 PM »
Looking forward to the SOTN one.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2016, 04:48:34 AM »
The portrait for the first one kinda looks like it was squashed horizontally.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 04:50:17 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2016, 08:44:35 AM »
The portrait for the first one kinda looks like it was squashed horizontally.

All portraits have to be resized to fit the native gba portrait resolution of 78x78 otherwise its not going to load right ingame if its to big, I will look into seeing if I can somehow touchup and fix the image myself to make it more presentable but in the meantime if you guys know anyone would would be willing to make a drawing of the original image using only 16 colors so it loads correctly within gba that would be great.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2016, 09:18:18 AM »
You should redo the cropping on the first one so that it's square to begin with.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2016, 08:35:51 PM »
Update

Ok I managed to tweak the Future Alucard portrait myself, first I decreased the colors for the palette to exactly the amount supported by gba (It had around 40 different colors lol) so now its only working on a palette of 16 colors, because of that the quality of it is not perfectly aligned with the original but thanks to lowering it down instead of importing it as is I was able to get a much more better put together portrait than the last one, I also used cropping for the image in order to keep the image as close to possible as its original shape and not have it squashed down to fit the 78x78 resolution like I did with the previous portrait,

Here is my work, I think its the best I'm going to get at this point given the limited palette, at least its better than what I had before.

Tags: