Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Disney Announces annual release for 5 new "Star Wars" movies starting 2015  (Read 3581 times)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/disney-uses-force-star-wars-movies-annually-starting-202436926.html

Well this happened. I dunno, after how soulless the prequels were I can't seem to bring myself to care much about the Star Wars brand one way or another. Although I guess I still do since I recently paid $70 (together) for the autographs of Peter "Chewbacca" Mayhew and Billy Dee "Lando" Williams at a convention. About the only Star Wars related things I can think I'd like to see are the old Droids and Ewoks cartoons, and probably Marvel comics original 1980s run. Does anyone have any strong feelings about this in any way?

PS- Oh and Battlefront 3 would be glorious if it actually had co-op, but since Disney shut down Lucasarts seems there's fat chance of that happening since the Battlefront series has already gone so long without a proper sequel.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 05:38:44 PM by Ratty »

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Do remember that they're the ones who shut down LucasArts' videogame division for no good reason other than "not enough profits lol."
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Do remember that they're the ones who shut down LucasArts' videogame division for no good reason other than "not enough profits lol."

This is true, of course they also apparently made the smart decision to cancel the 3D re-release of Episodes 2 and 3 to distance the brand from those movies. Then again, they might have just canceled them to build more anticipation for the upcoming films.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
I still feel that creating movies that take place after RotJ is a bad idea; They should've focused on the period between Episodes III & IV, perhaps even the period when the Sith Empire was active 1,000 years before Phantom Menace. I would've even preferred a Clone Wars movie that retcons the cartoonish TV series [that i loathe.. however some episodes/characters were interesting]. Anyway I gotta feeling that Episodes VII VIII & IX will contain "loosely adapted" versions of some Expanded Universe stories, with altered characters & plots just so they can still get away with what they originally said, "The movies will be original & not based on any released material."

They should just make this, but live-action (or rather, the Clone Wars TV series should've had CG identical to this, and I would've definately enjoyed it better. i really hate the style of that show  >:( )

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Movie

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Anyway I gotta feeling that Episodes VII VIII & IX will contain "loosely adapted" versions of some Expanded Universe stories, with altered characters & plots just so they can still get away with what they originally said, "The movies will be original & not based on any released material."

I think i heard this somewhere before....

I would definitely agree that they'd make eps 7, 8 and 9. What will be the basis of the other 2 movies?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
To further elaborate, what I think is gonna happen is when EpVII is released, the general public/casual SW fans will view it as a completely original film with unique characters/setting; however the die-hards will no doubt find some Expanded Universe influences in the movie, whether it's subtle or not

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
They should instead stop this suicide mission and do VII, VIII and IX instead. They will try to do a reboot or something like that, see that everything goes wrong and try to fix it doing VIII and IX a sequel to this reboot, thats when the shit jumps and hit the fan on the ceiling.

I want to see Palpatine dying for real in a movie version (not only his body).
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Lone Wolf

When they said "Disney" and "Star Wars", i kinda thought of.....

...you know.. :p

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
I agree with crisis. I think they should make movies before episode one or during episodes three and four.

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
    • Awards
Well they don't want to be tied down to the continuity of the Expanded Universe, plus there's been some real crap published in that anyway. Just like any shared universe that's gone on for decades.

That's so cool, I loved WALL-E.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I agree with crisis. I think they should make movies before episode one or during episodes three and four.

Definitely this. There's like 19 years between episode's 3 and 4. That's almost two decades of room just waiting to be filled with new and interesting stories of a more youthful Galactic Empire and the rise of the Rebel Alliance.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Lone Wolf

That's so cool, I loved WALL-E.

I was supposed to find a pic with a Jedi Wall-E, but all i got was this...

Tags: