Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Feelings towards Iga's downplaying of past Belmonts...  (Read 16296 times)

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Feelings towards Iga's downplaying of past Belmonts...
« on: November 09, 2007, 08:54:45 PM »
Anybody else pissed off on how Iga treats the Belmonts that he didn't create? Just a couple of examples:

1.Allows Richter to succumb to a spell cast by Shaft.

2.Has Richter use his "most powerful" attack against Alucard to only have it do basically nothing.

3.Doesn't even have Alucard fear Richter. Trevor defeated Alucard hundreds of years prior. Especially since, according to legend, each Belmont becomes more powerful every generation, you'd think Alucard would at least have doubts.

4.Has Jonathon Morris defeat Richter through the Whip's
memory. That's just bull shit.

5.Has Trevor get stabbed.

6.Doesn't even mention what happens to Trevor in CoD's ending.

7.Insinuates that Trevor wouldn't have been able to defeat Dracula if Hector didn't "betray" Dracula, though this was only insinuated by an angry, upset Isaac.

I'm sure there are plenty more but I can't think of any at the moment. I always fear that Iga is going to remake Castlevania 1 and/or 2 because he'll most likely down play Simon, making him need help from others or something. However, he always seems to make the characters he creates all mighty. Does this piss anybody else off?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 09:21:44 PM by Thomas Belmont »

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
Re: Feelings towards Iga's downplaying of past Belmonts...
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 09:03:36 PM »
Uh...I think you're taking these games a little too seriously.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 09:06:41 PM by Azmodan »
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

VoDkA

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 09:28:08 PM »
In Reply To #2

Uh...he makes some valid points, but thanks for ignoring those and instead downplaying his argument completely.

For the record, I agree with OP.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 09:53:51 PM »
In Reply To #1

According to someone, and I'm replaying CV3 to check out. Trevor didn't beat Alucard, atleast notreally. Since Alucard was just testing Trevor.

What do you mean his most powerful move? Hydro Storm? I guess I can get where you're coming at. But no doubt Alucard is a hell of a powerhouse.

AS for a Belmont falling under a spell.... I like it, it just comes to show that they aren't invincible. Though, why shaft is still around .... really confuses me.

I don't know about the Johnathon Morris thing but whatever. The rest I can agree, Trevor getting stabbed like that was retarded. He should be able to tell a homo is behind him witha knife. But then again I think CoD should not be canon, but if I had my way, alot of games would be rewritten or retconned.

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 10:14:37 PM »
In Reply To #1

Well, Iga wasn't the producer of SOTN, he was assistant director at the time, so number 1 is probably not IGa's fault.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 12:09:12 AM by le052383 »

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 11:13:25 PM »
In Reply To #3

So "Richter's boss fights gotta be invincible cuz but since they're not IGA hates him!!1!" is a valid point?

I mean, "Doesn't even have Alucard fear Richter."?
Well, if we're going to nitpick this much:

1.)Why does Julius lose to Soma? I mean, Soma wasn't even all the way to being Dracula! That pissess me off that Julius F'ing Belmont loses to some albino Japanese kid. IGA hates the new Belmonts!

2.) Julius can only use the Holy Cross once in DoS before admitting he'll be too weak to continue?! I can spam that move all I want in Julius mode. Since Julius is a Belmont, it is only natural that age doesn't apply to him. This insult just proves my point that IGA gets off to humiliating the more recent Belmonts.

3.)And Leon. Leon Belmont is a Belmont; thus, it is only logical to say that he would've been able to save Sara from turning into a vampire. It just proves that IGA hates the Belmonts he makes.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 11:48:48 PM by Azmodan »
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Mortificator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 11:16:43 PM »
You know, I don't like how Iga churns out castleroid after castleroid. I think the localization of DXC is laughable, and the reworked Symphony had barely any new content. But these personal attacks on him are just pathetic. If you really think a professional game director, leading a design team and with significant fiscal responsibility, is concerned with making "his" characters win in a video game then you need to grow up.

And what's beyond ridiculous are these Alucard vs. Richter comparisons. Alucard is even less of "Iga's character" than Richter is. He's from Dracula's Curse, a game made long before Iga was even remotely connected Castlevania design, while Iga had at least a slight involvement with Rondo.

Allows Richter to succumb to a spell cast by Shaft.
The ending of Rondo itself suggested that Dracula had something up his sleave. "Descendent of Belmont... we'll meet again!" Symphony just ran with the torch Rondo passed it.

Has Richter use his "most powerful" attack against Alucard to only have it do basically nothing.
Keeping strictly to the mythology, Hydro Storm and Holy Cross shouldn't hurt Alucard at all. Dhampirs aren't vulnerable to religious items like full vampires are. Alucard uses holy water himself and even sleeps in a coffin with a cross on it.

Doesn't even have Alucard fear Richter.
Alucard was fighting Belmonts centuries before Richter got his first training whip, and that was with his old abilities. Next to the power he had after awakening, that's like nothing at all. Besides, the game clearly shows that Alucard respects Richter, who calls him "supreme among vampire hunters."

Has Jonathon Morris defeat Richter through the Whip's memory.
Do you worship Richter so much that a later fighter beating a simulation of him is sacrilege?

Has Trevor get stabbed.
It had to happen that way. There wouldn't be much of a finale if Trevor just fought Dracula for you, and Isaac could never beat Trevor in a straight fight. Not that Isaac would ever want to play things "straight."

Doesn't even mention what happens to Trevor in CoD's ending.
Julia tells Hector that Trevor survived. What else is there to say, that he went out for ice cream afterwards?

Insinuates that Trevor wouldn't have been able to defeat Dracula if Hector didn't "betray" Dracula, though this was only insinuated by an angry, upset Isaac.
Yeah, it's so unusual for a deranged villain to think he could beat a hero. The actual fight between the two shows that Isaac has nothing more than delusions of grandeur.

I always fear that Iga is going to remake Castlevania 1 and/or 2 because he'll most likely down play Simon, making him need help from others or something.
Iga already re-released Simons's battle as Castlevania Chronicles and had him given a bad-ass new character design. And Iga included Simon as a secret character in Harmony, where he is vastly stronger than Juste.
Soleil, not Soleiyu
Orlock, not Olrox
Bathory, not Bartley
Richter, not Richiter

Offline Ralph

• Professional Lurker
  • Master Hunter
  • Hai.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Ralphy's Nonsense
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 11:26:24 PM »
In Reply To #1

Eh, I have to agree with some of these posts here. #7. was just Isaac's "grandeur", and probably taunting Trevor, trying to lower his morale in the fight. Which obviously failed.
A wild Ralph appears.
Wild Ralph uses Teleport.

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 11:30:30 PM »
My back is itchy.  Damn that crazy IGA!!
---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 11:54:02 PM »
Trevor not being mentioned in the ending of CoD is my biggest pet peeve, too. Sure, Julia mentions when Dracula's Castle rises that he's barely made it out by a thread of his life, but some recognition at the end of the game would have been nice. An appearance, an end note, something! Jeez.

Offline Ralph

• Professional Lurker
  • Master Hunter
  • Hai.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Ralphy's Nonsense
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2007, 12:25:31 AM »
In Reply To #10

Blatantly bad storytelling.
A wild Ralph appears.
Wild Ralph uses Teleport.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2007, 03:15:25 AM »
Well, Iga wasn't the producer of SOTN, he was assistant director at the time, so number 1 is probably not IGa's fault.

That's not what I heard. I heard Iga became the main director not too long into the game development, since the original one had to quit. And that it was his idea to include Alucard since cv3's his favorite and Al could be its only alive remaining character.

What was the game before his takeover it's not known. Perhaps a port of Bloodletting.

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2007, 06:13:45 AM »
Richter>Iga=Alucard

The whip doesn't have a very good memory. The brain is only in the tip.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2007, 07:56:24 AM »
Anybody else pissed off on how Iga treats the Belmonts that he didn't create? Just a couple of examples:

1.Allows Richter to succumb to a spell cast by Shaft.

2.Has Richter use his "most powerful" attack against Alucard to only have it do basically nothing.

3.Doesn't even have Alucard fear Richter. Trevor defeated Alucard hundreds of years prior. Especially since, according to legend, each Belmont becomes more powerful every generation, you'd think Alucard would at least have doubts.

4.Has Jonathon Morris defeat Richter through the Whip's
memory. That's just bull shit.

5.Has Trevor get stabbed.

6.Doesn't even mention what happens to Trevor in CoD's ending.

7.Insinuates that Trevor wouldn't have been able to defeat Dracula if Hector didn't "betray" Dracula, though this was only insinuated by an angry, upset Isaac.

I'm sure there are plenty more but I can't think of any at the moment. I always fear that Iga is going to remake Castlevania 1 and/or 2 because he'll most likely down play Simon, making him need help from others or something. However, he always seems to make the characters he creates all mighty. Does this piss anybody else off?

No, not at all. The only things that annoy me are what happened to Trevor. You're making it seem the Belmonts are some "super-human" force that can obliterate anything in their path, but they're not. One Belmont is just one person, not something that should be immune to everything bad that could happen. If they did everything easily and it was just a cakewalk for them, Castlevania would be SUPER booooooooooooooooooring...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 03:07:56 PM by CVfan13 »
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2007, 09:40:11 AM »
In Reply To #3

So "Richter's boss fights gotta be invincible cuz but since they're not IGA hates him!!1!" is a valid point?

I mean, "Doesn't even have Alucard fear Richter."?
Well, if we're going to nitpick this much:

1.)Why does Julius lose to Soma? I mean, Soma wasn't even all the way to being Dracula! That pissess me off that Julius F'ing Belmont loses to some albino Japanese kid. IGA hates the new Belmonts!

2.) Julius can only use the Holy Cross once in DoS before admitting he'll be too weak to continue?! I can spam that move all I want in Julius mode. Since Julius is a Belmont, it is only natural that age doesn't apply to him. This insult just proves my point that IGA gets off to humiliating the more recent Belmonts.

3.)And Leon. Leon Belmont is a Belmont; thus, it is only logical to say that he would've been able to save Sara from turning into a vampire. It just proves that IGA hates the Belmonts he makes.

You can't deny the fact that Richter has been pissed on quite a few times now. And why wouldn't Alucard fear Richter, or any Belmont for that matter? They're Belmonts, the world's greatest vampire hunters. And Julius doesn't actually lose to Soma.  It is stated that Julius didn't use all of his power because he felt that there was "good" in Soma. Also, at this point , Julius is in his 50's. Why you would feel that age doesn't apply to Belmonts is ridiculous. On a side note, even Soma knew how powerful Julius was. He couldn't believe that Julius was able to beat the shit out of the monsters without having to seal them in DoS. And when Julius told Soma that if he were to succumb to his evil side that he'd have to come after him and destroy him. Soma said he understood. As for your Leon argument...it's just so moronic that it isn't even worth refuting.

No, not at all. The only things that annoy me are what happened to Trevor. You're making it seem the Belmonts are some "super-human" force that can obliterate anything in their path, but they're not. One Belmont is just one person, not something that should be immune to everything bad that could happen. If they did everything easily and i was just a cakewalk for them, Castlevania would be SUPER booooooooooooooooooring...

I disagree. I think the Belmonts should be portrayed as "super-human" forces that can obliterate anything in their paths. It's their destiny. Doesn't mean the games have to be easy. In the beginning, only a Belmont could slay Dracula. Now it appears any Tom, Dick, and Harry can, without even having to use the Vampire Killer. It just doesn't seem right.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 09:43:54 AM by Thomas Belmont »

Tags: