Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lords of shadow 2 is on it's way  (Read 84024 times)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #165 on: May 16, 2012, 07:01:50 PM »
+8
He was doing us right, and people still shit on him. I don't understand it at all. IGA gets way too much hate, for no reaosn at all. If you're going to fault the man, at least make a decent point, not some bullshit. At the end of the day IGA's titles were great games, even if they all didn't make the insanely high Castlevania standards of old. You all forget how lucky you are to have a producer who gave enough shits not to churn out some slopped out unplayable garbage.

Sometimes I think the hate is a way to seem like you're in vogue with the fanbase, or something, even though the majority nowadays seem sincerely like the guy. This occurs despite the same people often praising AoS et al.

This 'my guy is better than your guy!' is kind of dumb.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #166 on: May 16, 2012, 07:04:29 PM »
I honestly don't think Mercury Steam has it in them to deliver a Castlevania that I would like to see, so I have little, little faith they will successfully address the issues with Lords of Shadow.

Well unfortunately for you, Mecury Steam doesn't care if they deliver a Castlevania specifically for you. I for one, am embracing the new series, because as much as I love the classics and igas cannon, it's been a little stale, with few exceptions.
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #167 on: May 16, 2012, 07:20:28 PM »
+2
This 'my guy is better than your guy!' is kind of dumb.
I wish I could +1 you 666 times.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: May 16, 2012, 07:56:39 PM »
IGA started to address the problems too late IMO.

After games like CoD, DoS, PoR and Judgement sort of turned people off, for whatever various reasons.

He seemed to have been losing his touch until OoE.

That said, if he can actually deliver a game that keeps doing what OoE was doing, which is fixing what was wrong with the formula, im all for it.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #169 on: May 16, 2012, 09:18:09 PM »
+1
Well unfortunately for you, Mecury Steam doesn't care if they deliver a Castlevania specifically for you.

Specifically for me and who knows how many other Castlevania fans as we well know. But, that doesn't matter. Of course Mercury Steam doesn't care if they deliver a Castlevania game for Castlevania fans.
That was established long ago by Dave Cox himself : p

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: May 16, 2012, 09:34:36 PM »
+2
I wish I could +1 you 666 times.
I could never understand the "my guy is better than your guy" thing either. I guess, my taste has been more middle of the road. It's like at the Avengers board on IMDb. Prior to the release, you had so many Nolan Batman trolls plugging up the board, trollin and flamebaiting, it was crazy. Then, after Avengers, you got Whedon Avenger fans flooding the DKR boards, doing the same thing. I actually CAN sit here and say, I loved Avengers, and I love Nolan's Batman movies. You don't have to choose sides. It's the beauty of "freedom of choice", not to be forced into one side or the other, but be FREE to choose both. And I liked Raimi's Spider-Man movies(well, not so much 3), and I'm actually stoked over Amazing Spider-Man!! People act like it's a sin if you don't rally for one or the other. The purpose of sides is to segregate.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #171 on: May 17, 2012, 01:09:03 AM »
I could never understand the "my guy is better than your guy" thing either. I guess, my taste has been more middle of the road. It's like at the Avengers board on IMDb. Prior to the release, you had so many Nolan Batman trolls plugging up the board, trollin and flamebaiting, it was crazy. Then, after Avengers, you got Whedon Avenger fans flooding the DKR boards, doing the same thing. I actually CAN sit here and say, I loved Avengers, and I love Nolan's Batman movies. You don't have to choose sides. It's the beauty of "freedom of choice", not to be forced into one side or the other, but be FREE to choose both. And I liked Raimi's Spider-Man movies(well, not so much 3), and I'm actually stoked over Amazing Spider-Man!! People act like it's a sin if you don't rally for one or the other. The purpose of sides is to segregate.
I really wish I could +1 you 6.666 times.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #172 on: May 17, 2012, 10:32:11 AM »
+1
I really wish I could +1 you 6.666 times.

lol, I think you mean this 6,666 and not this 6.666  ;D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #173 on: May 17, 2012, 10:42:03 AM »
lol, I think you mean this 6,666 and not this 6.666  ;D
Ah, maybe in the US, yes. In France, I'd be correct. ;D But thanks for pointing it out! :)

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: May 17, 2012, 11:48:33 AM »
That same person also came back a lil bit after the fiasco & made a single bold statement, "TWO 1999 games." as expected everyone went crazy, she disappeared without saying anything else, and that was it. turned out to be bullshit 
Hm, I remember hearing something like that, but I never thought it was coming from someone who already leaked some information. I wonder did Konami seriously considered creation of two 1999 titles? Sounds like a gamble for some reason.

Too low difficulty, no female protagonist, lack of outside the castle areas, combos in the 2D titles, etc. He was CORRECTING things. To drop him at this point is a terrible idea. He was doing us right, and people still shit on him. I don't understand it at all.
As Flame said, it was too late. He shouldn't make those mistakes in the first place to begin with, since SOTN, that they've used as a template, had practically all the same problems that plagued pretty much all next "metroidvanias", but with big amount of sugar coating in form of pretty graphics, music and art.
So, when developer has a flawed template and he persistently continue to make the very same mistakes that he did in original work, it is obvious that people will inevitably question quality of all his next works.
Personally, I believe, that the reason for OOE being different from other "metroidvanias" was that producer of the COTM was participating in creation of the game. If it was only IGA and the same team that did POR, for example...I don't think results would be that pretty.

This occurs despite the same people often praising AoS et al.
I've seen something more interesting: people were hatefully bashing IGA and praised SOTN at the same time. That was hilarious and sad at the same time.

Other than that, I've come to the realization that my favorite game series has majorly crashed and burned.
Specifically for me and who knows how many other Castlevania fans as we well know. But, that doesn't matter. Of course Mercury Steam doesn't care if they deliver a Castlevania game for Castlevania fans.
Sounds like butthurt, that they dare to create game without consideration of your taste.  :rollseyes:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 11:50:08 AM by Sumac »

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #175 on: May 17, 2012, 12:00:47 PM »
+4
The most the CoTM producer did was some level design/background work and the menu design.
A lot of CoTM's team was involved in PoR too.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: May 17, 2012, 12:02:41 PM »
Sounds like butthurt, that they dare to create game without consideration of your taste.  :rollseyes:

thats honestly what the majority of LoS hate is. "it's different from what I have known and come to expect from Castlevania and therefore I hate it."

in varying degrees.

the hate and like of LoS is based solely on one's own personal feelings on Castlevania and what makes a game a castlevania game. There really is no solid argument aside from maybe highly derivative gameplay, that can be made against it as "not being castlevania", because Castlevania is just so many different things to different people.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: May 17, 2012, 12:16:42 PM »
+5
Castlevania is just so many different things to different people.

..which makes the opinion of people who don't like LoS just as valid. Cuz, you know, they are people too.

Not that an opinion necessarily needs an argument, but the reasons LoS isn't well liked (and why some people like it) have been discussed to death. Which makes this quote

There really is no solid argument aside from maybe highly derivative gameplay, that can be made against it as "not being castlevania",

seem like something a bot would write.

Some people - lots of people - don't like LoS. Some even hate it.
Just like some hate Metroidvanias and Classicvanias.

It is their prerogative to have whatever reasons they have for that, no matter how "right" or "wrong" it may seem to you. And logically, it shouldn't matter at all to the people who like LoS. But behold - it seems to be like a swarm of ants crawling inside their bungholes.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 12:20:26 PM by A-Yty »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: May 17, 2012, 12:26:07 PM »
+5
thats honestly what the majority of LoS hate is. "it's different from what I have known and come to expect from Castlevania and therefore I hate it."

I wish people would stop using that dumb argument. Fans don't like the game not because it's different but because they didn't like the particular direction the game took with the series. How hard is that to understand? It's just a means to conveniently label all people who dislike LoS as narrow minded conversatives which is horribly obnoxious.       

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: May 17, 2012, 01:55:05 PM »
I wish people would stop using that dumb argument. Fans don't like the game not because it's different but because they didn't like the particular direction the game took with the series. How hard is that to understand? It's just a means to conveniently label all people who dislike LoS as narrow minded conversatives which is horribly obnoxious.       

Nagumo I understand what you mean by how labeling might seem to be obnoxious because of this reason of oh it's different or it's not cv, but some I guess just come off that way. Some do say go back to the metroidvania style/keep the kojima art style ect and such right? I guess the obnoxiousness goes both ways yeah the new direction is not perfect,but at the sametime it is not that bad.

Family Guy - Stewie Doesnt Like Change

I just felt like putting this because reading these comments made me think of this
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 01:57:11 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P