Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: NOOOOOOOOOOO!!  (Read 12465 times)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2013, 03:17:16 PM »
Its not raining spiders in Brazil, also this spider doesnt seem scary, I could kill it anytime with a wooden pole. Now that snake is another story (maybe a longer pole? lol)

I remember having to kill a snake with a wooden pole about 15 years ago. I can't remember if I was the one holding it's head down with a shovel or actually beating the head in though. It was a copperhead getting poised to strike at me and some family members when I spotted it, if you get bit by one of those things you'll be lucky to live unless you can be treated quickly, and even then you're likely to lose flesh/fingers around the bitten area. The spiders around here I'm worried about (besides the black widows which are fairly rare unless you spend a lot of time in old sheds) are the brown recluses, those can kill you and cost you limbs as well, though they look fairly innocuous. There was a fellow around here who lost his foot when one hid in his shoe as they sometimes do. At least if I get bitten by a giant ugly ass wolf spider all I have to worry about is pain and being grossed/freaked out.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 03:20:44 PM »
I know about their poison, but I prefer encounter a spider than a snake (no metal gear thing intended)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Darkstalkerfan5000

• nicht aufgeben!kopf hoch!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2013, 03:35:28 PM »
I like that spider!^_^
I  think spiders are not that scary..0.0

Offline Skycaptain Steampunk

• Hunter in Training
  • "Eu sunt Dracul!"
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2013, 04:21:30 PM »
the spider who gabriel ride in lords of shadows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2013, 10:06:57 PM »
That's what bazookas and flamethrowers were made for.

Lighter+deodorant

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2013, 01:40:34 AM »

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2013, 03:56:19 AM »
Meh, frying those tiny spideys don't tickle me the same way squishing some nightmare-fueling big hairy bastard would.

Also, better make sure the spider isn't carrying. Killing a mommy spider may multiply your problems:

Kill it with violence!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 03:57:50 AM by A-Yty »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2013, 10:40:32 AM »
Also, better make sure the spider isn't carrying. Killing a mommy spider may multiply your problems:

LOL!!! Those idiots should have stuck with the flame thrower method! At least then both the mommy spider and her young-lings would been torched at the same time.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2013, 11:47:22 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2013, 12:57:19 PM »
Scary, I never even thought that this could happen.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2013, 12:01:43 AM »
I like that spider!^_^
I  think spiders are not that scary..0.0

Well I wish I had your courage. Arachnophobia is really problematic even in the most convenient of times. But if you like spiders then I have an image to show you that you might like as well. I actually have an interest in this one too, but that mainly due to it's rich cobalt blue coloration;

Cobalt Blue Tarantula, hd clip, really calm!

And for those of you who hate 'em...well here's more spiders ten of the weirdest one's you'll ever see;

10 Weirdest Spiders
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2013, 02:18:17 AM »
Tarantulas are actually pretty cool. Dangerous, but cool, since they're so big they're more like scorpions than spiders.

I once read that in Africa some tribes know how to cook and eat them. They eat their belly, first removing all the nasty hairs.
Eating tarantulas... Sounds both nasty and exciting.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2013, 07:55:41 AM »
Tarantulas are actually pretty cool. Dangerous, but cool, since they're so big they're more like scorpions than spiders.

I once read that in Africa some tribes know how to cook and eat them. They eat their belly, first removing all the nasty hairs.
Eating tarantulas... Sounds both nasty and exciting.

Some Asians also eat tarantulas.
Here's a good list of Asia's bizzare foods. There are more to this like poisonous snakes, monitor lizards, poisonous plants, ants, bees, etc.
http://travel.cnn.com/explorations/eat/throbbing-cobra-hearts-and-fried-tarantulas-asias-deadliest-foods-752519

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2013, 10:16:31 AM »

I've got news for you. Both spiders and Scorpions come from the same family of Arachnida, though they are a different sub-species.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2013, 10:28:43 AM »
I believe scorpions are considerably less deadly than spiders. I could be wrong, but I think the number of scorpions that can kill or injure a human is a handful.

For some reason scorpions are less creepy than spiders. They are frightening, but not in the shit-your-pants-and-run way like spiders. Maybe it's about the eyes, the hair and the stance. Spiders are like weird hands.

Tags:

anything