Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848893 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #1935 on: June 04, 2012, 11:23:47 PM »
It's possible Trevor did not sound too confident for his upcoming battle against Gabriel. Humans maybe not extinction what about maybe those who challenge Dracula die while the other are forced into slavery or something. A Belmont failing is a very interesting, and as for Gabriel he just seems pissed off. A quite type of pissed, but pissed none the less.
Yeah, he just looks like Dracula not LORD Dracula, Simon talks about "The Evil" in the castle, not anyone in special, so I think Gabriel is anonymou, and perhaps the real war starts in LoS2

Everything comes full circle

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #1936 on: June 04, 2012, 11:29:01 PM »
It's possible Trevor did not sound too confident for his upcoming battle against Gabriel. Humans maybe not extinction what about maybe those who challenge Dracula die while the other are forced into slavery or something. A Belmont failing is a very interesting, and as for Gabriel he just seems pissed off. A quite type of pissed, but pissed none the less.

Hopefully Trevor failing has consequences. Like the countryside thrown into havoc and monsters running amok.

Richter didn't exactly fail, but when he was possessed there was really no consequence on a grander scale.

But maybe Trevor won't "fail" per say. Maybe he'll defeat Dracula, or at least halt his evil, and just won't be able to return.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1937 on: June 05, 2012, 12:02:06 AM »
Hopefully Trevor failing has consequences. Like the countryside thrown into havoc and monsters running amok.

Richter didn't exactly fail, but when he was possessed there was really no consequence on a grander scale.

But maybe Trevor won't "fail" per say. Maybe he'll defeat Dracula, or at least halt his evil, and just won't be able to return.

Speaking of which, do you think this game will have multiple endings? Maybe you can prevent Trevor's capture and continue playing as him.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1938 on: June 05, 2012, 12:09:20 AM »
Speaking of which, do you think this game will have multiple endings? Maybe you can prevent Trevor's capture and continue playing as him.

I would want alternate costumes. NES version of Simon, and cover art Trevor would be nice and unlockable tracks in an 8/16 bit form. Belmont's theme in 8/16 bit would be heaven.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #1939 on: June 05, 2012, 12:55:59 AM »

If it does have multiple endings, It'll probably have them ala DoS, where there's one canon ending, and maybe a smaller, less developed alternate ending as a "what if?"

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1940 on: June 05, 2012, 01:14:45 AM »
+1
The trailer is really short.  :o But I like the animation, looks sweet.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #1941 on: June 05, 2012, 02:33:12 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks the animation and graphics in the trailer looked like absolute shit? Great cut scenes MercurySteam, with no moving mouths. Horrible looking cel shaded models too.

The 3DS is more than capable of great animation and graphics beyond that. just check out Super Street Fighter IV, you know, A LAUNCH TITLE.

Nope, I agree. And I really don't think that money was the issue.

Offline Lords of Shitow

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1942 on: June 05, 2012, 05:01:22 AM »
the animations do suck but i think it was intentional. looks like they're going for a style reminiscent of the comic booky cutscenes in the portable metal gear solid games, as was seen in the LOS DLC except they've decided to mix that with meh cel-shaded models. it's not super attractive but hopefully that's because these are just short parts in between lots of gameplay.

not the most visually appealing thing but it looks to me like the western version of DoS's animu character portraits as seen in A-Yty's sig. not a lot of effort involved but also not a result of lack of money or power; just a simplistic stylistic choice.

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1943 on: June 05, 2012, 05:09:16 AM »
Is the game confirmed to be playable on the show floor?.

Offline whitedragon_nall

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1944 on: June 05, 2012, 05:10:01 AM »
I wasn't too impressed with the trailer. Too much cut scene and not enough gameplay and gameplay's the part that REALLY matters.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1945 on: June 05, 2012, 05:41:24 AM »
Is the game confirmed to be playable on the show floor?.

Yep, we might get some gameplay footage after the Nintendo presser is over.

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1946 on: June 05, 2012, 06:28:30 AM »
I like the cell-shaded style. Reminds me of Okami. I believe that MoF is part of how they'll pay for LoS2 so it makes sense to save in things like cutscenes

Offline Ring_of_Varda

• Str+30, Con+10, Int+30, Luck+5, Atk+40, Def+14
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1947 on: June 05, 2012, 06:42:42 AM »
has anybody seen this yet? hasnt opened up but i wasnt aware that it existed haha.

http://www.konami-castlevania.com/
"For God to be good, evil is a necessity in this world."

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1948 on: June 05, 2012, 06:43:53 AM »
That trailer is very short, but still it's looking more interesting than the first LoS.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1949 on: June 05, 2012, 06:50:55 AM »
It seems like the regular Castlevania Facebook page will post updates about E3. Since the Lords of Shadow page and the regular CV page are seperate, I wonder if that means we'll get some regular Castlevania too, spin-off or otherwise? I don't expect them to post news about LoS since they already have a special page for that.     

Tags: .....?