Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848891 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3240 on: July 08, 2012, 05:11:49 AM »
MoF's art is a lot better in capturing Castlevania's atmosphere than LoS by far. Although I do appreciate that Trevor and Simon's designs pay homage to Kojima's designs, I'm not too fond of how they look. The only design I think is actually good so far, is Alucard's, which is a pretty cool take on his SotN appearance.       

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3241 on: July 08, 2012, 01:12:40 PM »
That artwork is amazing! Hopefully LoS haters can see it looks like Castlevania, in fact, better than most CV artwork as of late. I really hope a demo gets released on the 3DS in a month or so, I'm itching to play it. I saw a 27 minute demo of it on YouTube and it looks fantastic. It looks exactly like what I've wanted in a "Metroid- Vania" game for some time.
I'm not playing a cover, you know. The hate for the things I hate don't include the graphics or art.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3242 on: July 08, 2012, 03:01:07 PM »
+1
Man that new artwork has me hyped again, I'm so easily impressionable. I hope we get a demo before launch, but before that I want to see some more footage of the current build if the one at E3 was an older one.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3243 on: July 08, 2012, 04:07:27 PM »
Man that new artwork has me hyped again, I'm so easily impressionable. I hope we get a demo before launch, but before that I want to see some more footage of the current build if the one at E3 was an older one.
I wish I could get hyped again, but knowing the gameplay will be a 2D tweak of LoS, I just can't get it up(LOL, that sounds wrong). Game's pretty, artwork's pretty. Visually, they've captured MORE of what "Castlevania" is in MoF than in LoS(IMO), but I just can't see myself playing it now. For those who like that sort of stuff(monsters that take forever to kill, needless QTEs, awkward ledge gripping), by all means, go at it.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 09:38:01 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3244 on: July 08, 2012, 06:04:56 PM »
I'm extremely hyped! Then again, I love playing LoS, so pre-ordering this game is a no-brainer to me. It's looked fantastic to me from the moment official footage was available. The great artwork backing it up is just a bonus to what looks like a game that I will really enjoy.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline James Belmont

• Dude
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3245 on: July 08, 2012, 06:21:36 PM »
I gotta say, that artwork looks fantastic.

Offline whitedragon_nall

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3246 on: July 08, 2012, 08:00:57 PM »
I wish I could get hyped again, but knowing the gameplay will be a 2D tweak of LoS, I just can't get it up(LOL, that sounds wrong). Games pretty, artwork's pretty. Visually, they've captured MORE of what "Castlevania" is in MoF than in LoS(IMO), but I just can't see myself playing it now.  For those who like that sort of stuff, by all means, go at it.

This pretty much sums up how I feel too. I'm just not excited about the game.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3247 on: July 08, 2012, 11:24:02 PM »
+2
I just saw the art and to  be honest it looks great. However, pretty art doesn't make a good game. So, I'm still fence sittin.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #3248 on: July 09, 2012, 10:26:08 PM »
+1
I just saw the art and to  be honest it looks great. However, pretty art doesn't make a good game. So, I'm still fence sittin.

Does it hurt?

I feel like picket would do nasty things to a behind.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3249 on: July 09, 2012, 10:34:16 PM »
+1
Worse, it's a barbwire fence. :(

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3250 on: July 10, 2012, 07:17:49 AM »
This pretty much sums up how I feel too. I'm just not excited about the game.

Yeap. Me too. I'm more curious about how they're going to execute the story, and I don't have to buy or even play the game to get that.
"Stuff and things."

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3251 on: July 10, 2012, 09:59:46 AM »
Yeap. Me too. I'm more curious about how they're going to execute the story, and I don't have to buy or even play the game to get that.
Yup. Thank god for YouTube. Experience the story of a game without having to actually PLAY the game!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 10:01:35 AM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3252 on: July 10, 2012, 12:43:27 PM »
+2
New screenshots here: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/07/10/exclusive-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mirror-of-fate-screens-show-off-magic-and-menus.aspx

(click to show/hide)

Is that level progression I see or is it for something else?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 12:49:32 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3253 on: July 10, 2012, 01:06:56 PM »
Interesting information through these screenshots, it's looking more like the metroidvania style with a touch of the old school classicvania style. I will deffinetly buy it when it comes out.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3254 on: July 10, 2012, 01:22:18 PM »
AXES! GLORIOUS AXES!

What's with the "Levels" tag on the subscreens? Is there actually leveling up through EXP now?

Tags: .....?