Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania AOS Genya Arikado Hack [RELEASED]  (Read 35712 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2016, 09:14:36 PM »
+2
Ok here is another update, thanks to FanOfDracula I was able to replace the Devil transformation with that of Alucard's gargoyle demon form from SOTN.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 10:06:44 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2016, 11:50:45 PM »

hey hello DarkPrinceAlucard, as is everything? jajaja  ;D

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2016, 03:54:33 PM »
hey hello DarkPrinceAlucard, as is everything? jajaja  ;D

Well I've been a bit busy but I managed to get the Faerie familiar from SOTN that you provided and replaced the flying armor with it, I'll post images later along with the new recolored Demon transformation.

But I ran into a problem with the devil familiar you sent me since its won't fit because its to big, its not showing up correctly in game.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2016, 08:41:28 PM »
- UPDATE -

Ok so this game is hack is kinda shaping up to be a quasi sotn sequel lol, play as a modern day Alucard (Genya Arikado) and it featuring these new elements from SOTN, first I replaced the demon transformation with his SOTN gargoyle/demon form and now here are some more nods to symphony of the night, I have replaced the flying armor soul with the Faerie Familiar and the Alastor soul with the Sword Familiar (fully leveled form), also thanks to FanOfDracula I was able to get a better palette to work with for the Demon transformation to give it a color akin to Dracula's own previous demon forms, so here are the images!

All I have left now is to replace the Balmung sword with a weapon version of the Sword Familiar and also replace the Imp with the Demon familiar from SOTN and I should be done with the hack assuming I don't get any more ideas for more SOTN related sprite edits.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2016, 12:35:03 AM »
This hack is looking really good!  :D

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2016, 03:19:25 PM »
This hack is looking really good!  :D

Thanks Shiro ;D

Ok here are some images of the new changes without a filter, I have begun to find out that a great deal of people would love to see this without filter so here you go. ;)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2016, 03:55:41 PM »
Those are all still with a filter...
Everything is blurred out.  Are you resizing them, perhaps?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2016, 04:08:32 PM »
Those are all still with a filter...
Everything is blurred out.  Are you resizing them, perhaps?

No those are without filter, I made sure I turned ALL the filters off, but yes I did resize it to make them smaller but I also made sure to click the keep aspect ratio button so there was no quality loss between this and the original screen capture, after all there was no stretching  that would occur if I was trying to make it bigger for example, that is where blurry comes from with that type of resizing, but I instead made it smaller and kept the aspect ratio/quality intact.

Then again this was captured in 1600x900 display (my laptop resolution) so I resized it down to 640x360 so that could be the reason for some quality loss, but this is how it looked at 1600x900 only bigger as far as quality goes and I dislike using the GBA image capture since the images come out very small, but the filters are definitely off.

Here is a image captured in the visualboyadvance windowed mode not resized and with filter off,
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 04:26:23 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2016, 06:48:25 AM »
i always thought that sword was going to stab Alucard in the back when I started SOTN... It gave me the creeps.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2016, 09:20:48 AM »
It may not have the Visualboy 'Filters' on, but the renderer being used is still blurring it out, thus creating what resembles a filter.

THIS is what a non-filtered, non-blurry GBA picture is supposed to look like:

Maybe, as I said, you're resizing them in the emulator or in the web browser or something?
This is the same picture, resized:

If it's difficult to see the pixel squares, it's filtered.  Maybe it's the renderer filtering it (switch from DirectDraw to something else, I know DirectDraw often blurs out the shots but it varies upon your graphics adapter), maybe it's a filter you aren't aware it's on, but it's definitely in your pics.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 09:26:04 AM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2016, 10:04:46 AM »
It may not have the Visualboy 'Filters' on, but the renderer being used is still blurring it out, thus creating what resembles a filter.

THIS is what a non-filtered, non-blurry GBA picture is supposed to look like:

Maybe, as I said, you're resizing them in the emulator or in the web browser or something?
This is the same picture, resized:

If it's difficult to see the pixel squares, it's filtered.  Maybe it's the renderer filtering it (switch from DirectDraw to something else, I know DirectDraw often blurs out the shots but it varies upon your graphics adapter), maybe it's a filter you aren't aware it's on, but it's definitely in your pics.

The render I use is Direct 3D9, and I have a picture in my previous post where i did not resize anything, I only captured it using the windows capture feature and then cut the gba borders and uploaded it directly to the web, it was also captured in visualboy windowed mode and was not in fullscreen.

Its weird because I uploaded the same images to romhacking.net forums and the members who where complaining about me not having filters off seemed ok with the new ones, guess you have a sharper eye then them, when I get back from work (I'm currently on lunch break) I will capture some images with a different render and also capture it using visualboyadvance screen capture and see if that is to your liking. ;)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2016, 01:14:47 PM »
Thanks.
But do YOU see the difference between your pictures and mine?
You must obey Da Rulez!

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2016, 01:42:12 PM »
Thanks.
But do YOU see the difference between your pictures and mine?

Yes I do actually, I just checked my render and when I switched from Direct3D9 to OpenGL is also had some blurriness, but I found out that going to the Direct3D9 Render options that It had Filter: Bilinear ticked on, once I changed over to Filter: Nearest I noticed that the blurriness disappeared, so maybe that is where the mystery blurry images where coming from.

Here is a new image with Bilinear switched off and Nearest switch on and also its been shot within the visualboyadvance screen capture so its the native gba resolution,

And here is the image resized,

« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 01:49:56 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2016, 07:39:52 AM »
Ahhhh, now THAT's the stuff.

Looks glorious.
You must obey Da Rulez!

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2016, 10:25:47 AM »
Ahhhh, now THAT's the stuff.

Looks glorious.

Thanks. ;D

- UPDATE -

Ok here are the final images I will be posting, after this I will release a gameplay video either later on today or tomorrow and then the hack will be released, these new changes are I changed the Final Guard soul to Alucard Shield, I changed the imp soul to the Devil Familiar, and I changed the Balmung weapon to the fully Leveled Sword Familiar, here are the images and enjoy.

And here are images without the filter

Tags: