Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1103728 times)

Offline Rudolph LagnaGaisaer

• Dragon Slayer.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #1530 on: August 17, 2015, 06:16:25 AM »
An original Dracula sprite by me. I did it using a base (that I have too created) so I *might* have posted a different version of it here before. But I don't remember doing so.

Awesome work here. His face look's like Gabriel from LoS somehow.am i correct in this ?

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1531 on: August 17, 2015, 11:14:32 AM »
Awesome work here. His face look's like Gabriel from LoS somehow.am i correct in this ?

This is not the intention, but he is supposed to look much younger than people are used to seeing.

But since you're the second person telling me that, I think I'll have to play with his face a little bit more.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Wallz!

• Hunter in Training
  • Experimental fan games galore!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1532 on: August 17, 2015, 12:27:39 PM »
So I'm currently working on a better sprite sheet for Simon in my CV2 remake. While I plan to sheet him myself, it would be great help if I could get some tips or assistance spriting. Here's the current sheet:

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1533 on: August 17, 2015, 09:47:28 PM »
Death rocking the scythe he made from one of the big clock's hands. Threw in a color-variation too.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 01:19:55 AM by theplottwist »

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1534 on: August 18, 2015, 03:21:51 AM »
@theplottwist : Amazing work, I wish that someday I can sprite at your level, everything about your sprites just look right. I am curious though, how much time did you spend on Dracula and Death respectively?

Also in general I've been stuck on my Alucard sprite for a while now, I'd like some feedback on my current walk animation.
I think I have begun to better understand cloth physics but I don't feel like I'm quite there yet so some tips as to that would be nice.
I'm taking suggestions for color ideas for his cape too, I feel like I might be getting a bit bored with the red tbh.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1535 on: August 18, 2015, 09:17:30 AM »
I'm taking suggestions for color ideas for his cape too, I feel like I might be getting a bit bored with the red tbh.

I like how its looks, if you want another color use a black purple for a clasic alucard it fits perfect:

http://robertatkins.deviantart.com/art/Castlevania-Alucard-Color-SOTD-270959029

Offline Rudolph LagnaGaisaer

• Dragon Slayer.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #1536 on: August 18, 2015, 09:37:07 AM »
Death rocking the scythe he made from one of the big clock's hands. Threw in a color-variation too.

Wow the Darker Version of Death looks amazing, You used 16 Colors on it ?

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #1537 on: August 18, 2015, 11:46:30 AM »
@theplottwist : Amazing work, I wish that someday I can sprite at your level, everything about your sprites just look right. I am curious though, how much time did you spend on Dracula and Death respectively?

Dracula took me around 3 hours to get all details right. I posted one sprite here, but there is a file with many Draculas with different colors, clothing, capes and heads.

Death took me more or less the same time, but the scythe was the hardest part. It has too many colors to keep track of, and I had to keep rearranging the scythe itself many times to reach the final look.

Both of them, however, were done leisurely. I didn't rush or anything to get them ready.

Wow the Darker Version of Death looks amazing, You used 16 Colors on it ?

15 colors, I think. Also, I modified Dracula's face.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 03:25:27 PM by theplottwist »

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1538 on: August 20, 2015, 09:07:23 PM »
So this was a request that someone in deviant ask me to do it, not something cool but here is:

Description:
(click to show/hide)

Description:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1539 on: August 21, 2015, 01:46:31 PM »
Sounds like a Super Waffle request ;o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1540 on: August 23, 2015, 01:37:06 AM »
Can anyone help clean up (solid lines and colors) this image? Please delete the "Go! Go!" quote too.
In case anyone is wondering what this is for: Cross Stitch.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #1541 on: August 23, 2015, 03:14:45 AM »
Shiroi, does this work for you? I had to redraw the art because it had way too many colors and redrawing it was less of a shore than to try to clean it.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 03:19:41 AM by theplottwist »

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #1542 on: August 23, 2015, 04:36:16 AM »
Aw, its so cute :)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1543 on: August 24, 2015, 12:15:17 AM »
Shiroi, does this work for you? I had to redraw the art because it had way too many colors and redrawing it was less of a shore than to try to clean it.

Thank you plot! This would be enough. :) It makes it easier to edit it now than before.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #1544 on: August 25, 2015, 07:46:21 PM »

Excellent use of color man. It looks great. The only thing that looks odd to me is the raised arm. It looks pretty short, and doesn't appear to bend enough to justify the short length of it. It kind of looks like he has only a lower arm, and the elbow is connected to the shoulder.

anything