Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The official "Finding Castlevania in Lords of Shadow" thread....  (Read 31971 times)

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: The official "Finding Castlevania in Lords of Shadow" thread....
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2011, 07:57:22 PM »
Not sure if that was intentional. The story they based the name of Albus' gun and an attack or two off of has nothing to do with any lost cities or anything. If it was an intentional reference, its an Aeon the bake and Aeon the time traveler level of pointless.

I still wonder if Aeon the chef wasn't supposed to be named "Ian" and the localization people were just dumb. But the rest of the game has good English, so I dunno.

Am I crazy, or do I remember the Bernhard castle referred to in some of those scrolls as the "Demon's castle" or "Demonic castle"?

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2011, 09:16:38 PM »
I still wonder if Aeon the chef wasn't supposed to be named "Ian" and the localization people were just dumb. But the rest of the game has good English, so I dunno.

Am I crazy, or do I remember the Bernhard castle referred to in some of those scrolls as the "Demon's castle" or "Demonic castle"?
Well, I do remember a scroll in the castle saying that it seemed to be constantly changing making it impossible to map out.  It pretty much is that its a creature of chaos.  Plus, there is one that states that the Bernard family summoned a powerful demon that is trapped in the castle.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2011, 01:17:31 PM »
Well, I do remember a scroll in the castle saying that it seemed to be constantly changing making it impossible to map out.  It pretty much is that its a creature of chaos.  Plus, there is one that states that the Bernard family summoned a powerful demon that is trapped in the castle.

(click to show/hide)
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline darkwzrd4

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2011, 03:30:53 PM »

(click to show/hide)
Well, nothing ever said that TFO was the only demon the Bernhard family messed with.  So, it's a possibility.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2011, 05:15:11 PM »
Maybe there is a demon bonded to the castle, giving it it's creature of chaos-ness?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline darkwzrd4

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2011, 07:06:22 PM »
Maybe there is a demon bonded to the castle, giving it it's creature of chaos-ness?
Yeah, but which one?  Is it because of the TFO, who is imprisoned in the dimentional rift, Leviethon, or a different demon?  I doubt we will ever find out unless Gabriel returns to the castle in the sequel as its new master.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2011, 07:42:42 PM »
Maybe Chaos? Chaos had physical form in AoS, Perhaps he can be reimagined in this continuity, as a demon bonded to the castle or something.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2011, 11:17:54 PM »
Maybe Chaos? Chaos had physical form in AoS, Perhaps he can be reimagined in this continuity, as a demon bonded to the castle or something.

This was my guess. If they're going by Paradise Lost (and judging from Satan's speech/mythos/appearance, they are), Chaos and Night are separate beings in a different part of the universe, so it's very likely Dracula would pair with someone of equal or greater power than Ol' Scratch.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2011, 02:43:38 AM »
That's be interesting to see how they'd make Chaos appear in a LoS sequel.

Offline darkwzrd4

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2011, 06:45:09 PM »
That's be interesting to see how they'd make Chaos appear in a LoS sequel.
This assumes that Chaos will appear in this storyline.  We don't know for sure yet.  Either way, I can't wait to see what happens next. 

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2011, 01:57:49 AM »
This assumes that Chaos will appear in this storyline.  We don't know for sure yet.  Either way, I can't wait to see what happens next.
After beating Satan with the help of Zobek, Dracula overcomes Chaos and becomes the true master of Castlevania. Boom!

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2011, 01:49:07 PM »
After beating Satan with the help of Zobek, Dracula overcomes Chaos and becomes the true master of Castlevania. Boom!

Yeah, but then you'd have the "true" Castlevania only appearing in todays technologically advanced world.  Would kill any ideas for sequels based between the end of LoS and the epilogue.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2011, 12:10:56 PM »
I have to bring this topic back. I was playing the crow witch chapters, and I realized something that seemed familiar. When the tower starts to crumble, Pan appears in horse form, and rides Gabriel across a long collapsing bridge.

Sound familiar?

I was reminded of many classicvania's stage of "walk across the collapsing bridge while we throw shit at you"

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2011, 02:23:29 PM »
Wow, your first few there are already grasping at straws. I'll consider this list just full of BS then.

Indeed.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2011, 10:11:53 PM »
I have to bring this topic back. I was playing the crow witch chapters, and I realized something that seemed familiar. When the tower starts to crumble, Pan appears in horse form, and rides Gabriel across a long collapsing bridge.

Sound familiar?

I was reminded of many classicvania's stage of "walk across the collapsing bridge while we throw shit at you"

that added with the start of SoTN where Maria/ Richter ride a horse.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Tags: