Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "...the XBOX ONE, no longer an always be ready and connected console..."  (Read 54142 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Re: "...the XBOX ONE, an always be ready and connected console..."
« Reply #150 on: June 13, 2013, 11:18:29 PM »
Now I'm wondering what the story behind GOLPEAN A DR SIMI is.

Kiiiiiinda hoping those dudes get brutally ass-raped.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #151 on: June 14, 2013, 02:28:13 AM »
+1
Just gonna leave this here.

XBOX ONE RANT Part 2 (Cause They Just Keep F*Cking Up)

Oh cack, please never link to this guy again. I find him outrageously obnoxious and for a while I kept getting recommended his videos on YouTube.

SO I WON'T BE WATCHING YOUR VIDEO, SIR.

But I would like to lay one of my own:

Quick Rant - Things that sucked about E3: The wrap-up.

These are kinda my thoughts as well. It's good that Sony hasn't implemented the awful policies and features that Microsoft has, but it's not worthy of "LOOOOOOOOOL ZOMG SONY KICKED ITS BOOT RIGHT UP MICROSOFT'S ASSHOLE!" What Sony did are the kinds of things I'd expect from a console developer, and I'm not going to hand out special praise just 'cos they're not completely mucking things up. It's still good PR on their part to address these issues, though.

Requiring PS+ to play online is super bogus, though. I rarely play online, but when I do it's only because the servers are free. So this cripples me. And what Maddox says about free-to-play (for PS+ subscribers) games possibly disappearing should Sony have no more direct competition is absolutely spot-on. Companies don't usually do this kind of thing because they feel they owe the consumer; it's usually because they wanna offer an incentive for you to join their side and buy their products and not the other schmoe, which makes competition and capitalism a good thing. Take away the direct competition (Microsoft) and things could potentially be hazardous.

And if I'm not mistaken, Sony were considering the idea of DRM and disallowing sharing or playing used games on their console. Had there not been such a public backlash toward MS, Sony may have gone right ahead and done the same. It's a shame when companies turn anti-consumer, but hey, not everyone understands how to please the customer—and there are too many dopes in the world who won't REFUSE to buy something even though they know they're being screwed over, because they've convinced themselves they can't live without such a thing.

That said, in a dreamworld I wish MS would bow out of the console market and it would just be Nintendo vs. Sony again. Those were good times. Nintendo's too intent on doing their own thing for that to really work anymore, but with the Wii U getting some (one) "hardcore" games (Bayonetta 2), hopefully there will be more such third-party support and maybe there COULD be direct competition between the two giants again. And I'd love it. The 360 was just a necessary evil in my book, and I never was a fan of the original Xbox.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2013, 02:45:50 AM »
I kind of agree. Just because Microsoft seem to be burning their own house down while turkey slapping everyone, it doesn't automatically mean Sony is going to be cinnamon-flavored bacon with ice cream on the top. They saw an opportunity to stomp on MS while they're getting thrown with rotten vegetables. And they took the opportunity to start charging for online play.

And I honestly wouldn't be terribly surprised if XB-1 won't fail in sales. The power of marketing is a strange thing that can't be underestimated.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: June 14, 2013, 02:52:11 AM »
Well hey, there's Xbox One Mountain Dew and Doritos, and fat slobs across America love Mountain Dew and Doritos.

Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #154 on: June 14, 2013, 09:03:50 AM »
+2
I like Nintendo's attitude about the whole used games thing.

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/nintendo-devs-concerned-over-used-sales-should-make-better-games-6410228/

"Worried people will sell your games back only for them to be purchased used by someone else? Make better games!"
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #155 on: June 14, 2013, 09:31:47 AM »
+2
Hahah, Oh Reggie.

Keep that pimp hand strong, Reggie.  "Make better games".
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2013, 10:28:24 AM »
+1
fat slobs across America love Mountain Dew and Doritos.

Would anybody really be surprised if microsoft adopted this as an official marketing slogan?

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: June 14, 2013, 03:25:49 PM »
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Microsoft-Denies-Hiring-Marketers-Vote-Cheat-Negative-Xbox-One-Reddit-Threads-56494.html

Now they're actually going and hiring people to go online and say good things about them. 

Offline Hagathrom

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: June 14, 2013, 03:31:34 PM »
When a USED game Business like Gamestop is handing out pamphlets to people buying XBox One to inform them of its restrictions like a Restaurent MENU you know you're in trouble.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-06-14-the-xbox-one-question-why-did-microsoft-do-it

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=587951

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2013, 11:42:37 PM »
+1
And as they say(it's a saying heard a LOT regarding XBONE), "It just keeps getting better!":

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=590951&page=3

These fuckers are hellbent in total and utter CONTROL over the lives of gamers, no? And they keep on saying that their way is the way of the future. Y'know what Microsoft, YOU don't tell us what the future brings and tells us WE have to conform to YOU. YOU exist because fo US, so KNOW YOUR FUCKIN PLACE! WE have say over what the future holds, what trends are popular and want we WANT to see become relevant. The customer's ALWAYS RIGHT, remember? It's the number ONE FUCKIN RULE IN BUSINESS! WE DECIDE, not YOU. You want our MONEY, listen and obey. Provide us with something we WANT and I can assure you, you will be rollin' in the money. Try to tell us you KNOW what's good for us, and I can assure you, we'll rebel and cut you down to size.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #162 on: June 15, 2013, 03:51:07 AM »
+1
Microsoft’s Don Mattrick Stands Silent As George Lucas and Steven Spielberg Diss Video Games but Praise Kinect | DualShockers

It seems pretty obvious Spielburg and Lucas don't know a goddamn thing about the gaming industry. The gaming industry isn't all Dudebro. And forthe record real "hardcore" gamers are not the ones that spend all their time exclusively playing Halo and Call of Duty.

Furthermore the thought of getting rid of controllers for "full-immersion" seems more like pandering to the un-imaginitive. I immerse MYSELF in the games I play because I have a well developed imagination.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 04:08:03 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #163 on: June 15, 2013, 06:06:59 AM »
Who, seriously, gives a shit what Lucas and Spielburg thinks? Spielburg is an obviously paid off critic and Lucas sold Star Wars after destroying the franchise. Not to mention Star Wars was his one hit wonder. And Spielburg would put 2 thumbs up his mom if they gave him a nickel.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #164 on: June 15, 2013, 08:48:44 AM »
Who, seriously, gives a shit what Lucas and Spielburg thinks? Spielburg is an obviously paid off critic and Lucas sold Star Wars after destroying the franchise. Not to mention Star Wars was his one hit wonder. And Spielburg would put 2 thumbs up his mom if they gave him a nickel.

Well they had Indiana Jones to.... aaaand then fucked that up. (That one's probably mostly on Lucas, who insisted for decades that if there was a 4th it should have aliens until Ford/Spielberg just gave up.) Then there was Jurassic Park, which was really only good the 1st time. But you're right, trusting a movie maker's thoughts on games and what gaming needs is like asking a horse breeder his opinions on jet engine repair.

Tags: