Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: So... Who's read Asimov's Foundation?  (Read 1889 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« on: June 12, 2011, 10:03:13 AM »
Am I the only Sci-fi nerd around here?  ;D

I've never read any of Asimov's writings before, but a friend of mine recommended me to read The Foundation trilogy, and after I started reading I got instantly hooked. For those of you who like "harder" science fiction, I highly recommend it.
It's different from most other Sci-fi books in the sense that instead of concentrating on a single story, it follows a certain state / world / society from the moment it's forged, through hundreds of years. That way, the books are divided into separate stories, each with its own plot and characters, and the only thing that's uniting them is historical chronology.

It's not so much an adventure book as a clever, quite-political science fiction story set in space. Not anyone's piece of cake. Nevertheless, I really liked it.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: So... Who's read Asimov's Foundation?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 12:03:37 PM »
Never did read an Asimov books however I saw the movie adaption 'I Robot'.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: So... Who's read Asimov's Foundation?
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 04:37:36 PM »
I read a while ago, but dont remember it. u_u

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Tags: