Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Belmont Tree  (Read 36875 times)

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Belmont Tree
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2007, 03:25:32 PM »
Maybe I'm late with this, but it makes no sense to have Zoe/Dolores/Des in there because their game doesn't mention a time period and was non-canon from the beginning (lol). Also, with the Rondo-influenced graphics, it seems to make more sense they'd come after Richter than anything.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2007, 05:52:41 PM »
Just because teh graphics are similar, doesn't mean the story  is after >.>

As for conanical or not, I never played it nor know much about it....

VoDkA

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2007, 06:26:01 PM »
In Reply To #46

Meh...it counts for me.  It exists, whether it exists for IGA or not.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2007, 09:38:12 PM »
In Reply To #46

They exist now. All we know is that it was stated that they live sometime in the 1600s. Seeing that the Belmont Timeline is the TC's own fanfic ideas, he could do whatever he wants. But yeah, techically they "exist" more than Victor Belmont.

Offline actionfence

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2007, 05:11:16 AM »
Well, I don't remember where I read it, but the time that they gave for it was "Late 1600's" and for that to be possible, they would have to be the Belmonts right before Simon, being he was in the 1690's.  It only makes since.

And if I knew for certain that Hanz was a Belmont and knew when Bloodletting took place he would be on here too.

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2007, 09:13:43 AM »
Well, I hadn't heard a date given. I was afraid that'd I was saying something wrong.

Regardless, they don't exist on any timeline that also has Simon Belmont, so it's not "they must be around before Simon," it's "they could exist at the same time in some wacky alternate universe, or not."

Quasar

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2007, 12:14:13 PM »
Except that appeals to alternate universes, wormholes, time travel, paradoxes, etc., are a bad thing except in A) Marvel Comics and B) hardcore science fiction. :) It's better to stick with some simpler solution if one is possible, and since it's all fan fiction anyway, it doesn't matter ;)

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2007, 01:02:35 PM »
In Reply To #52

There is no "simpler solution," because everybody at Konami said that it didn't fit in a timeline along with everything else. That doesn't really make sense as everybody said they're Belmonts, but that's what has been said and we need to stick by it for now.

I don't necessarily like it either, but this is actually not simplifying things, and goes against what we've heard from the developers.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 01:04:49 PM by Ed Oscuro »

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2007, 08:36:08 PM »
Ok, I recently finished my own interpretation of the Belmont Family Tree. It incorporates almost everything from every CV game thus far, and goes on to tie things together rather nicely. (whether you wanna believe in it or not)

I've also thrown in a couple of "unofficial" parts in there, as my own take on furthering the future storyline....hence a few names in there that I've kinda made up as placeholders until otherwise officially stated. (also will be used in my webcomic)

http://sindra.brinkster.net/misc/cvfamilytree.pdf

I also deliberately didn't put dates by the names, since again some parts are unofficial. I think you can figure it out without them.

Offline actionfence

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2007, 02:35:37 AM »
Ok, I recently finished my own interpretation of the Belmont Family Tree. It incorporates almost everything from every CV game thus far, and goes on to tie things together rather nicely. (whether you wanna believe in it or not)

I've also thrown in a couple of "unofficial" parts in there, as my own take on furthering the future storyline....hence a few names in there that I've kinda made up as placeholders until otherwise officially stated. (also will be used in my webcomic)

http://sindra.brinkster.net/misc/cvfamilytree.pdf

I also deliberately didn't put dates by the names, since again some parts are unofficial. I think you can figure it out without them.

I like it, lots of detail and stuff.  Good work.

In other news, I have barely got much of mine done.  My job is late night and stuff.  But I should be done within this month, if all goes to plan.  I'll just go ahead and post what I have so far... When my comp will let me.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2007, 03:10:47 AM »
Last time I checked the Renards were Belmont relatives, not Belnades. Rondo manual, as well as the ending scene in Rondo prove that (Dracula refers to Maria as blood descendant of the Belmonts).

http://serio.i-xcell.com/image/mariaend.gif
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 08:40:43 AM by Serio »

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2007, 09:36:51 AM »
Hmmm....you are correct sure. I could have sworn I'd seen somewhere that they were relatives of the Belmonts, but not direct descendants. Ah well, I'll have to amend a few things. Thanks for the point-out.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2007, 08:07:48 AM »
Last time I checked the Renards were Belmont relatives, not Belnades. Rondo manual, as well as the ending scene in Rondo prove that (Dracula refers to Maria as blood descendant of the Belmonts).

http://serio.i-xcell.com/image/mariaend.gif

Well, It looks to me like they just got lazy and reused Dracula's speech in Richter's end for Maria as well. So, that might not actually be true that the Renards are related to the Belmonts. Besides that would be a little weird with Richter and Annette. Of course, I could be wrong, thats just what it looks like to me
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 08:17:43 AM by profbeanburrito »
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2007, 08:51:47 AM »
In Reply To #58

It's not that weird.  They're distant relatives, not direct first or second cousins or anything like that.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2007, 12:49:06 AM »
I beleive cause of richters possession by shaft, the belmonts beleived antoher belmont would be possessed by dracula's evil, and had the whip sent to another family that way a repeat of SOTN wouldn;t happen, the way the series was originalyl planned worked fine, cept iga had to refine it and dug his own grave.

tho for that time peroid i'm not going to say what crazy stuff the people were intro for the time peroid this all seems normal, so either richter is a little slow, or perhaps his marriage was pre-arranged? assuming any of the belmonts married.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 12:52:51 AM by Omegasigma »
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Tags: