Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Vamprotector fan Game  (Read 214801 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #420 on: October 04, 2015, 06:17:46 PM »
Just another small update. Not too much to report from last post. Still working on the DEBUG room and implementing stuff while fixing others.

Right now, I am dealing with personal issues and real-life drama so my time has been really small to work on the game.

I have been doing alot of work in Unreal Engine trying to update my portfolio, plus I am still looking for full-time work.

This all has been throwing a monkey wrench in my demo release date.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #421 on: October 05, 2015, 12:03:28 AM »
Take however much time you need to in order to work the kinks out of your life. We'll still be here and your engine isn't going anywhere. It's best to get all of life's annoyances before getting back to the fun & games  :)

Keep your chin up dude  8)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #422 on: October 05, 2015, 04:16:29 AM »
I know how you feel, Darkman. I'm with X, take all the time you need :)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #423 on: October 11, 2015, 05:16:15 PM »
Thanks peeps, life is hard glad everyone is still hyped about my project!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #424 on: October 12, 2015, 04:57:58 AM »
Hey fellas, after a LONG hiatus I talked with Darkman yesterday and I plan on putting the breaks on cv3 and start focusing on helping him finish up Vamprotector. I am covering Richters stages while he works on Helsings. I should have some material for Darkman to review and post possibly in the next few days  ;D
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #425 on: October 23, 2015, 06:15:39 PM »
Hey folks  ;D Gotta drop some Vamprotector love and give you guys (and gals  ;D ) 2 new tracks:

Bound by Blood - The Vamprotectors:
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/9ie38gqv37jq19v/Bound_by_Blood_-_The_Vamprotectors.mp3

This is the main theme for Richter and Helsing

Unholy Union - The First:
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/mgmv5uuges6l5gl/Unholy_Union_-_The_First.mp3

Unholy Union - The First is a boss theme, notice "The First"?  I plan on making a trio ALA "Followers of Darkness" lol.  Thought it was pretty fitting considering the game makeup.  Both tracks are completely original, and are a blend of Metal, Tech (via Contra style) and Orchestra (via Castlevania).  Hope you guys dig 'em  8)
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #426 on: December 09, 2015, 04:10:45 PM »
UPDATE: Sorry I haven't posted in a while guys on my thread, been crazy busy.

I have mapped out the map for my CV4 inspired rotating room and I need to import the assets into engine and then begin the arduous task of coding that into the game.

I also have been redoing the code for the character stuff trying to fix some issues while also implementing new attacks. It is all a work in progress so there are still bugs since it's early. But slowly but surely I am moving into the character stuff.

I believe I will have Phase 1 of all the main stages of the game done by next month.

I am also working on implementing a boss rush mode on a crazy hard difficulty that if the player beats it unlocks a special treat of some kind, but one thing at a time.

Thanks for everyone who has given input and supported my project.

It's been a long journey but should pay off in the end!

« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 04:12:16 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #427 on: December 13, 2015, 06:19:30 PM »
Posting another update, so it wasn't originally part of the plan but I started spriting the stages for Richter now as well which is going fairly quickly. (The break gave me tons of ideas.)

Originally Warmachine and I were doing each of the character's separately, but now has been decided for me to do all of the stages so that it's fairly consistent with the art style of the game while I will leave the majority of programming up to him.

I will still be focused on certain aspects of the programming (as there are certain features that I would like to have be seen in the game) but it will be more towards game design and it frees me more time to map out the technical aspects of the game. ie. stage interactions, custom bosses etc.

I have already completed a few areas for Richter and Warmachine has just finished a great track for a new stage that I am currently working on called The Botanical Lab.

I am basically mapping the stages out for Richter and then cutting them for import into the engine.

I believe by doing it this way the progress for the game as a whole will go quicker as the first pass for all the stages will be done first. Then on to the more technical aspects of the character functions and lifebar functionality.

I could post some maps now, but I rather wait (since I have posted many for Helsing) and just get you guys more videos of some stages in action.

I don't want to show too much of the game, but it's huge so far you all have only seen a small portion of some stage progression.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #428 on: December 18, 2015, 10:26:37 AM »

A taste of things to come.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #429 on: December 18, 2015, 01:55:57 PM »
Nice, i love those areas in Contra.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #430 on: December 19, 2015, 11:04:14 AM »
Hey, it's those pseudo 3D corridors! All you need now are some top-down stages then your game will have all that Contra ever offered in one game.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #431 on: December 20, 2015, 06:15:09 PM »
Hey, it's those pseudo 3D corridors! All you need now are some top-down stages then your game will have all that Contra ever offered in one game.

I actually already incorporated those in the Helsing's Missions. (Richter and Helsing have individual missions, however a second player can always jump in for 2 player simultaneous.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBFNs_ZATdw

On a side note I still I have alot of surprises that I haven't shown or mentioned:

Phanagoria 1-1

« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 06:22:53 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #432 on: December 21, 2015, 01:29:44 AM »
Undersea stages!  :o
Does it play like Gradius?
The corals look lovely.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #433 on: December 21, 2015, 08:10:06 AM »
Undersea stages!  :o
Does it play like Gradius?
The corals look lovely.

That's a good analogy.
You have good taste.
Marry Me. ;)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #434 on: December 21, 2015, 10:23:08 AM »
You have to get passed her prettyboy fetish first, lol.