Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Gamestop's trickry!!  (Read 19276 times)

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2007, 12:18:38 AM »
I've worked at Gamestop before. And Oh boy let me tell you. The store I worked in had some of the MOST stuck up employees I have ever seen. Bust my ass off? Ef' no, fuckers wouldn't even have a basic conversation with me so that I could get to know my co-workers a lot better so that I was more comfortable around them.

Luckily enough I quit.

zachier

Re: Gamestop's trickry!!
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2007, 12:39:06 PM »
In Reply To #43

I understand that. However, even if they have the actual case for the game, and you ask for it politely, they still wouldn't give it to you; instead, they'll just put it in one of those paper CD case.

DracuVamp

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2007, 01:32:13 PM »
In Reply To #47

That's odd. I've never heard of a store doing that, since  it's pointless. If they are sold out of the game, they would have no need for the box. I would call in a complaint against that store, but I don't think it will do any good. Our official policy is that used games are not guaranteed to come with original packaging, booklets, or bonus material.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2007, 01:51:54 PM »
In Reply To #48

That's what they did to me, but it wasn't a paper slipcase. It was a warn out, broken cd case. Had no slips or anything, just clear. And the display case(which belonged to the game I was purchasing) was in good condition, booklet and back slip included.

Josh Dunford

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2007, 03:13:36 PM »
In Reply To #35

http://kotaku.com/gaming/crime/gamestop-manager-killed-during-robbery-313396.php

Maybe you should have been.

The fact is, I used to be a Assistant Store Manager (but have since changed positions in the company), and not even the Game Advisors really know the stress of the DM's and RDM's breathing down their necks every waking minute of the day. 

So much goes into running a store, and Customer Service is number one on the list. However, Working for a Gamestop store is not as easy as everyone thinks it would be.  Gamestop as a company itself is one giant partnership, so if someting messes up somewhere in the Corporate offices, something messes up in the store and the easiest way for customers to vent is by taking it out on the associates they're closest too. 

It's cliche, but it all rolls downhill.

You guys dont make anyone's (including your own) lives any easier whining about how your box was a little dirty or how you unfortunately got a gutted (but still new and unused) copy of Hamsterz Life.

If customers would help out instead of complain about everything, stores everywhere (not just Gamestops) would run so much more smoothly, because the fact of the matter is they have no idea, unless they've been in the trenches first hand, how things are run in a store.

And for Matt, the ASM who unfortunately lost his life against in a robbery gone bad, my heart hangs heavy for you, your friends and your family. 

It's never easy to lose a co-worker and member of the Gamestop Family.

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2007, 03:18:24 PM »
I think Gamestop stopped with the used game/generic case thing since I have seen several used games over there with their actual cases and none with the generic blue one.

However, I remember buying a used Chrono Cross for my brother for 23 dollars at gamestop years ago (this was shortly before the greatest hits came out.)

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2007, 03:59:45 PM »
I think Gamestop stopped with the used game/generic case thing since I have seen several used games over there with their actual cases and none with the generic blue one.

Or it could have been that the trades were actually brought back with their original cases. I've seen trades of 100+ games all with their original cases, instruction manuals, etc. It's a matter of locale and how the people who come in to trade treat their games.

They haven't stopped because the store I work at still prints generic cases for games with missing cases.

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2007, 04:24:05 PM »
In Reply To #52

Well, the place I bought Chrono Cross was years ago at a different gamestop (this shop is actually located near the Pixar studio.)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 04:25:59 PM by le052383 »

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2007, 04:37:58 PM »
In Reply To #53

Well with some games we don't take the cases. Gameboy games, for instance. We usually keep those in a display case, since they came in cardboard boxes with nothing to hold them in when they were new, and we don't have those little inserts that go in the boxes to hold the cartridge. It's just easier to keep them in a display box that the employees can unlock with a key.

Every other game though, we can take with or without a case.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 04:39:52 PM by Clara E. Leet »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2007, 05:12:47 PM »
I don't like Gamestop  >:(

I like Funcoland  :D

Offline Marto

• Kojima fan :)
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2007, 05:28:21 PM »
 U_U....okay, enough Gamestop bashing. This is just bullshit, and a waste of what could be a short and ignored thread....

Offline Side_ScrollR

• Pro
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2007, 02:22:49 AM »
i hate gamestop... i dont even think i will get into the reasons why because it would take an hour to read.
- Side_Scroll'R -

Tags:

anything