Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: U_U I have been mocked...  (Read 17480 times)

Offline Marto

• Kojima fan :)
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
U_U I have been mocked...
« on: October 23, 2007, 08:36:22 PM »
I have just been ridiculed about ten minutes ago by my fiancee when we went into the car, and all of a sudden that asshole bursts out laughing due to the Aria of Sorrow music that was playing.

He said, "Sheesh, I know you like Castlevania, but now you're even listening to 'Beepity-Beep' music?"

T_T I'm classified as a nerd and ridiculed for it by someone who practically creams himself every time he hears Super Smash Brawl. I feel very below the food chain.

So does anyone else here fall victim to mockery for listening to any of the Aria of Sorrow, or Harmony of Dissonance, etc music that might have a 'beepity' value to it? I'm sure I'm not the only loser that listens to those in his own spare time outside of playing the game.

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: U_U I have been mocked...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 08:40:54 PM »
In Reply To #1

No, but Im not really the type to get picked on. I bite.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 08:44:49 PM »
o_O I listen to a lot of old school raw sample music.  People understand and respect that I'm a gamer, and those who don't find the swift side of my boot. :P

Then again, I regularly surround myself around people who find similar enjoyment from said "bleepity" music, I mean...why associate myself with people that can't respect? :3

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 08:51:43 PM »
I usually just listen to some old-school Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, all things (not shit-)metal.
Can't say I listen to Game tunes too much, but remixes can be awesome some time. 
Travel Demon, for instance, is an amazing CastleVania remix.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 09:14:47 PM »
In Reply To #1

Ah. Well, I love old-school tunes- I relgiously listen to the CV1 version of Vampire Killer, and CVII's Within These Castle Walls. And HoD's actual entrance hall version of Successor Of Fate (not the credits version) is one of my favorite tune of the entire series.
Even though it's outside of 'beepity' music, The Castlevania Chronicles OST is one of my favorite CD's to listen to amongst "real" music.

Nobody has yet to bother me for it, though.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 09:59:07 PM by Azmodan »
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 09:25:00 PM »
In Reply To #1

Wait. I thought this was just some random guy, but your FIANCEE? What a dick!

Just rub his nose in it later. Or find a terrible, terrible game soundtrack (like Bubsy 2) and blast it in the car, when he's helpless and can't escape.

But yeah, most of my game-music-listening goes on when I'm alone, or in the car, or with my friends (who have similar tastes). Other friends who don't really do it don't care enough to ridicule me (mainly because they aren't dicks). I figured most people got out of the "Your taste sucks and I'ma publicly ridicule you for it" phase in high school.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 09:26:31 PM by Munchy »

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 09:54:41 PM »
Once or twice.  The last person though I simply told rather harshly to 'Fuck Off'.  They stayed quiet for a while before changing the subject, lmao.

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 10:03:03 PM »
All of my friends are gamers to some extent, or like the music in the games so no, I've never been ridiculed.

Offline Punishment

• Hunter in Training
    • A World Under the Stars of Infinity
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 11:33:24 PM »
actaully happened to me once

all i said to them was (and you can use this too)
"better than that POS you listen to..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 11:46:28 PM »
I have been ridiculed by my dad once when I put Vampire Killer  as my Mobile phone ringtone. But otherwise, no.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline John Capricorn

• Celebrate good times, c'mon. Celebrate ...etc
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 12:28:52 AM »
I thought Marto was a guy.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 02:10:15 AM »
I thought Marto was a guy.

Same goes for me!

Anyway, i have been mocked by my best friends for listening LoI soundtrack, but i love to listening to Castlevania music themes and aria of sorrow has the best music from the three castlevania's at GBA! ;)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 02:26:16 AM »
In Reply To #1

I don't have a car, but I'd imagine that if I did, I'd have to kick people out and yell "Tuck and roll, bitch!" if they did that.

I put on nothing but game music.  I actually don't listen to anything else.  *shines his nerd badge*
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2007, 04:12:09 AM »
In Reply To #13

That means, that you must have a huge collection of gamesoundtrack's. You are very lucky!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2007, 05:34:31 AM »
In Reply To #14

Well he DOES host a video game music radio station online. Last I checked the entire collection takes about... what, 3-4 weeks to play before looping? Iunno, it's probably a lot more than that now.

Tags:

anything