Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Nintendo makes all of your worst Photoshop dreams come true  (Read 12340 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Nintendo makes all of your worst Photoshop dreams come true
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 03:20:26 AM »
This is only for little kids.

I want a 3DS with BIG screen.

3DS XL.  :)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2013, 03:25:14 AM »
+1
When is Nintendo gonna step up and be a serious gaming company again?
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2013, 05:47:02 AM »
+1
Ain't gonna happen dude.
It's all about the money, money... ♫~

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 07:28:24 AM »
I think Nintendo may end up with the same fate as sega if they don't change their game plan. The way things are going I wouldn't mind that either. Zelda on playstation would be awesome.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 08:24:56 AM »
@Abnormal Freak: Wow, this guy is famous? I thought it was only a one-shot that became famous and appeared on TV.

Here another one:
How To Get a Nintendo 2DS (HowToBasicParody)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 11:10:17 AM »
I think Nintendo may end up with the same fate as sega if they don't change their game plan.

Not going to happen. Also, you clearly haven't played their awesome 3DS games (Mario 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion, NSMB2) if you think they're not a serious developer anymore.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 02:12:26 PM »
I think Nintendo may end up with the same fate as sega if they don't change their game plan. The way things are going I wouldn't mind that either. Zelda on playstation would be awesome.

Not to mention you're talking about the only surviving dedicated game company left.

Don't forget the recent corporate shenanigans from Microsoft that Sony would have happily followed suit if not for the intense backlash. Is that really what we need? Corporate fear driven developers that put the gamer in the back seat and innovation in the trunk?

The Wii U may be struggling, but the sales numbers for 3DS are freakish. Nintendo is fine, and they've been through worse situations.

And most importantly, people seem to be bitching about having another choice available! Seriously? After the backlash against Microsoft for taking away peoples choices, we're really going to complain about being given a new option?

And Frances is hilarious, but I doubt that he actually feels that way about a handheld plainly intended to address parental concerns.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 03:19:40 PM »
Adding to what Freak and Inccubus said, this is a really good move when it comes to parents with budgets.
It pretty much addresses any issues one may have:

"Hmm I need a gaming system for my kids.  Let's see..."
-Vita: expensive device that may be easy for kids to break
-3DS: medium priced device with pretty good game lineup, but is there anything that's not as pricey that does the same thing
-2DS: Cheapest, specifically dedicated to children who aren't meant to use the 3D effects until after 6yrs of age.

Parent just saved some money by getting a cheapo version of a system with a pretty good family-oriented lineup.
Nintendo continues to print money.
Kids are happy they get 'a' gaming handheld (at 3-10yr old, they don't really care or aren't really aware of the intricacies between systems... they just want to play fun games).

Notice I'm not saying the Vita is a bad system nor am I saying it is inferior to the 3DS.
What I am saying is, the 2DS is super-budget-friendly for that demographic.

I do not think Nintendo will go the way of Sega.  Certainly not because of a move like this move.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2013, 03:42:06 PM »
The way I see it, Nintendo is the only classic videogames company left that cares about us, the players.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2013, 03:52:06 PM »
And Frances is hilarious, but I doubt that he actually feels that way about a handheld plainly intended to address parental concerns.

Definitely. When Boogie gives his opinions, he gives them as himself. His Francis persona is all for laughs. Why else would he crack an egg on his 3DS?

I wouldn't be surprised if Wind Waker HD will sell a lot of consoles, particularly with that limited edition bundle and a price drop. You're getting a console and a top-notch game for $300, and just in time for some seriously cool-looking exclusives coming out. The Wii U is struggling, but perhaps not for long. Even if it does, it's not going to put Nintendo out of the game. Their handhelds always do well. 3DS struggled at first but is doing a pretty awesome job these days, and the 2DS will undoubtedly sell well.

Remember that not only are there parents who will buy this stuff for their kids, but that there are also dedicated Nintendo collectors like this guy, who will snatch up everything.

Nintendo Wii Mini Unboxing
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2013, 06:11:00 PM »
Looks hideous, especially with that button placement and the inclined plane shape.

But I'm not the target audience and it's not like they're walling off a section of games compatibility, so whatevs.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2013, 11:00:04 PM »
What an idiot. That guy that treats his 3DS so badly and the smashes an egg in it...
It's really stupid when people break consoles to make videos.
There's some people in many countries all over the world that have to make sacrifices to buy a new console, and this arrogant assholes think that's funny?
I remember wanting SO BAD a PS3, and I had to wait like 5 years until we bought one with my brother.
And I'm not even poor, but in my country consoles and games have SUPER high prices, and shops take advantage of that because they all have kind of an arranged price.
And then I was watching videos in YouTube and I came across that when a guy buys and breaks a PS3 with a hammer... and I felt anger, and pain, because, deep down, that was a poor guy looking for attention.
Now I am lucky to have a 3DS, but I still understand how stupid this is.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2013, 01:26:31 AM »
What an idiot. That guy that treats his 3DS so badly and the smashes an egg in it...
It's really stupid when people break consoles to make videos.
There's some people in many countries all over the world that have to make sacrifices to buy a new console, and this arrogant assholes think that's funny?

If you watch boogie2988's videos where he's just being himself, he's one of the most articulate, humble, sincere, and caring individuals on all of YouTube. He's not the arrogant asshole you seem to think he is. He's made multiple videos on issues he had while growing up, one of which being that he didn't have a lot of luxuries growing up or in his young adult life.

However, for a laugh—sure, why not break an egg on his 3DS? The eggs aren't going to wreck the system; clean it off properly and there should be no problems.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2013, 04:24:23 AM »
Actually, here he specifically mentions his 3DS is working fine.

http://youtu.be/wPZJEaEfr7M?t=6m44s
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2013, 08:44:05 AM »
Its like when AVGN first appeared in youtube, people took it seriously thinking "James = AVGN" and so they thought these critics were for real, totally losing the joke.

I will be honest, at first I thought this "Francis".was doing it for real too, since I never searched anything about him.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags:

anything