Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (1999 Fan Project)  (Read 457925 times)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (Fan Project)
« Reply #615 on: July 22, 2016, 07:09:37 AM »
Another good piece of artwork! I think he has Simon Belmont's chin and jaw...
I was thinking more along the lines of this:

Impossible to unsee.

Oh~ These are exciting news. :)
Spill more beans plot!

There aren't many more beans to spill. What I can say is that there is another member of this forum who I want lending their voice to the project, but I can't say who it is yet.

About the main plot, I've entered the main writing stage. Before I was somewhat trapped on the ideas, entered writing stage but had to turn back to the ideas some more. Recently they've been taking shape on paper. The first section of the plot is decided already.

EDIT: OK I decided to leak something else:

This may be pretty irrelevant to you all but anyway... This is the crest for the United Military Forces, Berthold's battalion. The pin he has on the artwork is this crest.

And about one of Umbra's ideas: You must remember when I posted a variety of spears here on the forum, explaining how the spear's final form would be Holy aligned or Dark aligned depending on Alucard's performance through the "game." This idea is a homage to one of SotN's early development ideas of having Alucard be Holy or Dark aligned depending on if he used Subweapons of Magic. This idea has not been discarded for Umbra (as it is obvious by Alucard's two forms) and will be named something similar as SotN's team named it back then.

Also DAT MUSIC

Yeah dude, like, I'm under the impression the Dungeonites haven't noticed the links to the tracks!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 10:16:39 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #616 on: July 22, 2016, 07:26:13 AM »
Dietfriold Berthonegger lol

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #617 on: August 13, 2016, 06:25:02 PM »
Oh, the things the group went over today.

[restrained excited screaming]

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #618 on: August 13, 2016, 11:16:53 PM »
Oh, the things the group went over today.

[restrained excited screaming]

Yeah we may be silent, but the team pulled off some outstanding job today, in particular the music guys.

A new update arises in the horizon.

Also, for you who are reading this and wants to know the game situation, the first post is not yet updated accordingly due to officialization reasons. While there is not a 100% certainty, this information will not be added to the first post. However you can head here to know what is happening and understand what we are doing at the present moment.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 12:13:54 AM by theplottwist »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #619 on: August 14, 2016, 01:34:47 AM »
+1
I can't wait for the new update!  ;D

I just realized this now, the UMF crest looks similar to Team Mystic's.....

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #620 on: August 14, 2016, 05:25:39 PM »
I can't wait for the new update!  ;D

I just realized this now, the UMF crest looks similar to Team Mystic's.....

Team Mystic

Team Mystic

oh the pain
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #621 on: August 14, 2016, 05:29:28 PM »
You guys are not ready for the music.  8)

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #622 on: August 17, 2016, 09:00:22 AM »
Are U sure? ;D

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #623 on: August 19, 2016, 01:04:59 AM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 12:07:06 AM by Chernabogue »

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #624 on: September 14, 2016, 11:59:46 AM »
Just a very tiny update:

Soon I'll be bringing a bigger update. Life got in the way for some of us, and we went silent for a while, but we are still working, fear not. On this bigger update I plan on revealing some more soundtracks, a new artwork and speak a bit about the voice actors.

Expect us!

PS: It was I who asked Chernabogue to delete his comment. He let slip something meant to be unveiled on this next update. Sorry Chern, my bro!

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #625 on: September 26, 2016, 01:28:48 PM »
+1
Hello people!

To celebrate the 30th Castlevania anniversary, we're making two more tracks from Umbra's OST available. Both of them done by Chernabogue. Enjoy!

The Angolmois Mansion Offensive:
This track is an arrange of Dwelling of Doom and was made to illustrate the dark, decaying nature of the hideout where Angolmois is holed up. Here, in this mansion hidden deep within the Devious Forest, is where the followers of darkness have been conducting their evil worship of Dracula and planning for his awakening in 1999.

A Soldier With a Grudge:
This track is an arrange of two tracks that I will leave up to you to discover ;)
It is the theme for Timothy Danasty, bringing forth his personality and the grudge he has to settle with the heroes. One may take Timothy for an insane individual, but they couldn't be farther from the truth...

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #626 on: September 27, 2016, 06:03:18 AM »
I hope people will enjoy the new music :)

Offline aensland

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Music Concert 1st Place 2017-02-Music Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #627 on: September 27, 2016, 11:34:12 AM »
+1
Chernabogue is carrying the music department really hard, just hear the development of the Angolmois Mansion track.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #628 on: October 01, 2016, 11:42:14 PM »
+1
Well, I'll say even though no one has commented, many have listened since I have access to how many clicks the tracks had.

Anyway, I'll just say that after what the three artists composing for this have done, it'll be a sin not to bring this project to light. If the story doesn't do the Demon Castle War justice, I'm certain that at least the soundtrack will xD

With that said, do you Dungeonites remember how I said that I was going to open a group for some people to be more in contact with the project's development for feedback purposes? Soon I'll be delivering the link to this group to trusting parties who have contributed a lot to this. And the soundtrack is one of the first things they'll have access to.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 11:50:32 PM by theplottwist »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #629 on: October 01, 2016, 11:45:08 PM »
The soundtrack is awesome. People are just lazy in writing comments. hahaha.
Plot. Don't write yourself off. The story does it justice, even if I only know some of it.

Tags: 1999 Awes 

anything