Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I think I know the main reason why I dislike IGA  (Read 18648 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Re: I think I know the main reason why I dislike IGA
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2008, 02:00:48 PM »
I like ham.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2008, 02:01:26 PM »
lulz, that last post makes my sig sooo redundant.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline erimocard

• satin demon
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Gro
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2008, 02:07:36 PM »
In Reply To #45

I don't find any difference between my and your post. I never thought I'm better than anyone. I never hate and I give a shit about fame and honor and anything like that. If you want to think of me as an arrogant poser and to disrespect me, then do so.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2008, 02:43:34 PM »
Your opinions aren't of any interest to me. They won't change my mind.
[...]
and as said, don't try to change my mind with any bullshit-arguments. You won't have any success. I'll eccept you opinions, so you'll have to accept mine.
this.

what made you even think someone will try to do that, so you went with a disclaimer like that? even if it's stating the obvious, there really was no need to say it in such snobby arrogant tone. if someone goes and tries to change your mindset like:
you're a dumbass for liking metrovanias. you should go like sotn/aos now, or else you're a faget.
then you can tell them to fuck off and die. but otherwise there's no point in adding silly disclaimers to your posts, especially worded like that, as if you were someone so important that every time you post someone would try that on you.

if something those are just an open invitation for someone to troll you.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 02:45:29 PM by Serio »

Offline erimocard

• satin demon
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Gro
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2008, 03:01:56 PM »
In Reply To #49

Well, maybe you indeed are right. I'm sorry for that one.

Offline Mobius

• Balls of Molten Steel
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2008, 05:30:33 PM »
See, this is what I call a prime example of a civilized means to settling a misunderstanding on the internet. The world-wide web could do well in learning from intelligent, broad-minded and most respectful exchanges such as this.- - *sniff* . . . ..-I love you motherfuckers!

That said, I can totally see a valid point to Abnormal Freak's reasons for not being too fond of the current head cheese behind the demon castle chronicles. On the other hand, I also feel thankful that one of the greatest game series in the history of action platforming is able to continue onward with, all things considered, its integrity still fully intact. Beyond that, I think personally that until someone new comes around to snatch the whip from his sweaty hands, his personal CV master plan is what it is. Doesn't mean all of us have to enjoy it, right?

.....And whoever *does* take the reigns one day had better not fuck things up anymore than he already has.

"When it comes right down to it, extinguishing a living soul is as easy as blowing out a candle."

Offline sonicabid

• Yakuza is beast
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Buy and play the Yakuza games
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2008, 01:02:19 AM »
In Reply To #51

KCEK > IGA team. 64 3D CVs > the IGA 3D CVs. COTM > all of IGA's metroidvania's. Except for SOTN.

I'd like to see KCEK make another CV game, or the original SOTN team go make another epic CV game.

SymboliC

« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2008, 04:42:46 AM »

Actually, the folks at KCET and its branches, the lil' people under the major heads are talented.

I think IGA's still doing a good job...note, "good", not great.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2008, 05:03:14 AM »
the kcek cv team was absorbed into iga's team though.

Offline sonicabid

• Yakuza is beast
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Buy and play the Yakuza games
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2008, 05:21:18 AM »
In Reply To #54

Really? Damn, then they've fallen off.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2008, 10:14:45 AM »
The former CEO of KCE Kobe is the leader of the company that developed the new Wario Land game for Wii, which quite honestly looks like a steaming turd. :) Which is depressing considering a 2D sidescroller for Wii would have been awesome (but only if it loses the Wii remote's motion functions...dammit).
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Harrycombs

• Monster fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2008, 12:47:45 PM »
In Reply To #3

I'm surprised how so many people diss DoS but love AoS. I still think DoS was a major improvement over AoS in almost every way (except the soundtrack), albeit not as original (obviously). But I know I'm a minority here.

I completely agree with you here!

Give him a break. I enjoyed CoD quite a bit, I loved DoS and AoS, and SotN is easily one of my favorites in the series. The only games he made that I didn't like were HoD and PoR. I think he has been doing a good job with series.
The dream reveals the reality, which conception lags behind. That is the horror of life - the terror of art.

Franz Kafka

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2008, 08:29:27 PM »

But what I'm getting at is that he is now considered the man behind Castlevania, when all other games before it were pretty much designed and created and directed and produced by an assortment of different people. I'm pretty certain a great deal of the staff members of the first Castlevania game aren't the same as on Castlevania IV or Rondo of Blood. There were always different teams creating different games. IGA has made Castlevania "IGA exclusive," and quite frankly it sucks. Even if he actually made games I enjoy, I'd still probably be pretty miffed that he has such a firm iron grip on the franchise without allowing anyone else to do their own thing.

I agree he's doing too much. He needs to delegate more of the work and have decent sized teams of people work on the games again. A game is a huge undertaking like a film. 1 person can't do everything, at least not fast enough to make the company any sort of profit. Not for a long time and that's only if they do a truly exceptional job.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2008, 09:24:26 PM »
I give some Castlevania fans credit for having the resiliency to continue following the series, even if they've been largely disappointing with the products for the last... 6 or so years.

I think Iga has made some bad moves and dumb decisions in his time as producer.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 09:30:10 PM by Blue Successor »

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2008, 10:48:21 PM »
Haven't any of you realized yet? If you express any of your own personal opinions on this forum, you will be treated like Saddam Hussein.

I remember when I got slammed for saying that Curse of Darkness is my favorite Castlevania game, and Symphony of the Night is overhyped.

Crap.. I just expressed my opinion, didn't I? I will leave now.  :-X
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Tags:

anything