Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What is your biggest Castlevania achievment?  (Read 6127 times)

Offline MasterAlucard

• Nutella
  • Worst Brazilian Castlevania Youtuber
    • My Channel:
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
What is your biggest Castlevania achievment?
« on: June 08, 2022, 06:14:44 AM »
+1
Hello my friends! I'm new over here, so hi to everybody, and thank you for having me here!

So, I was discussing some stuff with my friends the other day, and I had an idea about this topic:
What is your biggest Castlevania achievment?
It can be something you did in-game (or with a game), it can be a personal project, lore-related stuff, talking to someone from Konami, a limited copy of something related, etc.

See you soon.  ;D ;D ;D

It's been a long time old one!
You can check out my reviews here (PT-BR)
https://www.youtube.com/c/MasterAlucardCastlevania/videos

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: What is your biggest Castlevania achievment?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022, 08:50:25 AM »
+2
Beating The Castlevania Adventure for Gameboy for the first time. THE hardest CV game in the entire series IMO. God what a pain in the @$$, but worth it once it was over  :P
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2022, 09:09:18 AM »
+2
Easily making the LC2 OST. Looking back on it now feels weird because enough time has passed that it almost feels like someone else did it. Feels like a miracle that mig trusted me to do it alone and that I finished that on time.

But it was a bucket list thing to honor CV in the way I knew how the best. So I feel like an important thing I wanted to do in life has been honored.

That aside, beating Dracula in CV1 probably took the most gaming effort of all my CV experiences.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 09:17:23 AM by Belmontoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline MasterAlucard

• Nutella
  • Worst Brazilian Castlevania Youtuber
    • My Channel:
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2022, 10:11:48 AM »
Easily making the LC2 OST. Looking back on it now feels weird because enough time has passed that it almost feels like someone else did it. Feels like a miracle that mig trusted me to do it alone and that I finished that on time.

I still can't believe how high quality LC2 OST is, and how many tracks there are in that game. Your work is absolutely phenomenal and a big, big part of why LC2 is a special fangame.
Efrain's theme is such a powerful composition as well!

Big fan of your tracks, and your remix of The Sinking Old Sanctuary made me cry when I heard it in the game (it's my favourite castlevania song!)  ;D  ;D ;D
It's been a long time old one!
You can check out my reviews here (PT-BR)
https://www.youtube.com/c/MasterAlucardCastlevania/videos

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2022, 02:47:46 AM »
+1
The very first time when I beat the highest loop in Castlevania Chronicles PS1 Original mode no-deaths at around 2014 or 2015. From that time on, something like a special trigger opened inside me, making me (truly) obsessed with the older stage-based Castlevanias. Although on these modern days there're too many of the "Castlevania-like" games in play style, nothing can replace the specific position of Chronicles Original mode and LC1 (if fan games count) in my heart.
Speaking of LC2 I must admit I revisit LC2 less than LC1 mainly bcecause a lacking of faster movement  option against larger IGAvania-style maps, but indeed LC1 and LC2 were like, a same type of miracle happened twice in a row.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 02:59:27 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2022, 01:07:18 AM »
+4
Meeting IGA! Best day of my life!  ;D
Proof: https://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=8865.0

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2022, 08:56:24 AM »
+1
I still feel pretty chuffed about breaking a million points in Castlevania Chronicles original mode.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2022, 06:12:22 PM »
+1
I was "in charge" of the Castlevania Wiki for a short while (only active admin).  There weren't a lot of active editors at that time and the previous admin (who I think was the creator of the wiki if I'm remembering it correctly) basically told me that I seemed to be doing a good job at expanding the wiki, handed me the keys, then was never heard from again.  I mostly concentrated on the item or monster pages, and let other users handle the biography pages, for which they had a lot of passion.  I had a lot of fun doing research for it, especially figuring out which items and monsters were carried over from previous games, which wasn't always apparent with different translations and localizations.  I'm thankful other admins were able to step up though.  I'm not the greatest at group collaborations and am best left alone to my own pet side-projects.  I still enjoy wiki-ing there, though I come and go as I please.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 06:36:44 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2022, 12:29:56 AM »
Castlevania Timeline of course  8)

Physically acquiring a brand new, sealed copy of Dawn of Sorrow was damn near impossible in AU, for non-extortionate pricing through a retailer - that’s one win. (This was due to Atari distribution ordering too few copies and botching Konami’s au supply at the time.)

In-game achievements would namely be completing POR(regular & sisters mode) & OOE on level 1 max cap hard mode, as well as getting to Dracula with Richter/ Maria & Albus, respectively, in the same mode. (EDIT: Getting some of the boss medals, in particular rebooting the save file and then being rewarded with the Dracula medal felt pretty bada$$).

Beating CV Chronicles for PSX and especially killing that damn werewolf(stuck on the most difficult A.I. on the PlayStation version) with the triple-cross was also a huge monkey off my back.

Lastly, back in the day before speedrunning was a thing, blitzing LoD and finding all the lost children in Henry’s mode was satisfying.

EDIT^2: I was going to create a separate post for this but cbb: Dreaming about OOE approximately 5 years prior to it’s release. Call it a vision, prophecy, or whatever.(… Eerie, I know)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 05:45:12 AM by zangetsu468 »
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2022, 06:00:06 AM »
I made it through Haunted Castle in one life at a friend's house with an original board connected to a supergun. It wasn't the hard version but it was still a bit unbelievable. I barely trained, making it after a few tries without paying much attention. I didn't even plan on playing it seriously that night, it was just for showing off the game to us.

http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/multi/Masters/highscores/hcastle-2(luxkiller).jpg

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2022, 09:08:41 AM »
Having my little Castlevania lore channel be as known as it is. I started it just to indulge my own love of the story of the games while also exploring theories I've had within the lore of the games for years. It's still incredibly small, but every time someone from Discord or whatever is like "Oh, you're the one that does that lore channel!" makes me feel good.

Also, having NintendoLife link to my article on the CV wiki for the Bloodlines prototype, after the leak of the prototype was discovered. Small but a nice little dopamine hit.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2022, 12:22:58 PM »
Sindra@

I'm still waiting to see if you'd do a video on that recently released CV document of the original timeline/plan before IGA took over  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2022, 03:23:39 PM »
Sindra@

I'm still waiting to see if you'd do a video on that recently released CV document of the original timeline/plan before IGA took over  :)

The one in the Bloodlines FAX? If so, yeah, I need to start writing up a script for that one.

I also need more hours in the day that don't suck my souls like my day job, lol.

Offline Hayoam

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2022, 02:10:33 PM »
Playing Harmony of Despair for countless hours mastering each character.
And most important of all mastered jump kick wall glitching.
Glitching to Ryukotsuki in the beginning of Chapter 11 (Hard) as Richter with full team and killing him before any of the annoying Dual Valmanway +1 Somas arrive was so satisfying lmao. I consider that a challenge and a great achievement.

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2022, 07:13:21 AM »

Carpathian Night is my biggest achievement ever. I've never worked so hard for anything else before in my life.

Tags: