Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
I am optimistic because of the new writer. I have no idea what to expect from whoever takes over, but I'm excited to find out.

Makes me wonder if Shaft will be more of the bad guy focus this time?
General Castlevania Discussion / Re: Here's our first look Castlevania: Nocturne
« Last post by Sindra on June 12, 2022, 10:38:52 AM »
To answer a few questions:

- Warren Ellis is not the writer. A British writer has taken over for him.
- Adi Shankar is not involved with this sequel series; seems like he lost his lawsuit to be involved in anything beyond the original series
- This is going to cover Rondo and SotN, according to the Netflix social media, so expect Alucard in some way or another
- Richter is looking like he's meant to look like a mash-up between Trevor and Sypha's designs
- It's set during the French Revolution, which is congruent with Rondo's timeline, though we have no idea if it plays a geopolitical part in the series

(click to show/hide)
General Castlevania Discussion / Re: Here's our first look Castlevania: Nocturne
« Last post by X on June 12, 2022, 10:06:50 AM »
Hopefully there won't be a stupid cop out like Alucard killing Dracula instead of Trevor. In Rondo Alucard was still asleep so they have to have Richter end Dracula at least for that segment of the show.

Ah yes I can't wait for my dose of homoerotic sex scenes, cringe jokes and pseudo-political subversion

This is one of the few reasons I never watched the previous Netflix series. All in bad taste and Homo eroticism has since become one of the political calling cards of the WOKE movement  :P

No thanks.
Hardcore Gaming 101 / Re: DRAINUS
« Last post by X on June 12, 2022, 09:54:42 AM »
Checked out some of the screenshots. One of the bosses/enemies looks like the spider boss from R-Type 3. That game is hard.
General Castlevania Discussion / Re: The meaning of "Shanoa", cracked.
« Last post by Reinhart77 on June 12, 2022, 08:04:58 AM »
might be worth replaying with this in mind.  hope we get a DS collection this Halloween!

i did some google translating of the Japanese descriptions of the cats in Grimoire of Souls for the Castlevania Wiki, and found it funny how Maria and Shanoa have different names for some of the same cats.  Maria just makes up names for all her animals, but I suspect Shanoa knows the cats’ “true names” ha.
General Castlevania Discussion / Re: The meaning of "Shanoa", cracked.
« Last post by zangetsu468 on June 12, 2022, 05:37:36 AM »
My first language was French (initially I never spoke English as a child), I barely dented reading your post and as soon as I read the name Chanoix, I immediately came to the conclusion of 🐈‍⬛ .. For those who don’t speak French, the pronunciation of the name Chanoix is almost identical to “Chat Noir”, it makes perfect sense.

I would go one step further to Plotwist and say that Chanoix(Chat Noir) meaning black cat is indeed code itself for Shanoa’s identity, essentially her being a witch (just look at the PAL game/ box art with ‘Das boots’!!). Some of the witches in CV even turn into black cats when they’re killed.

We also should never forget one of Shanoa’s most appropriately titled side-quests, “Tom & Jewelry”.
Castlevania Timeline of course  8)

Physically acquiring a brand new, sealed copy of Dawn of Sorrow was damn near impossible in AU, for non-extortionate pricing through a retailer - that’s one win. (This was due to Atari distribution ordering too few copies and botching Konami’s au supply at the time.)

In-game achievements would namely be completing POR(regular & sisters mode) & OOE on level 1 max cap hard mode, as well as getting to Dracula with Richter/ Maria & Albus, respectively, in the same mode. (EDIT: Getting some of the boss medals, in particular rebooting the save file and then being rewarded with the Dracula medal felt pretty bada$$).

Beating CV Chronicles for PSX and especially killing that damn werewolf(stuck on the most difficult A.I. on the PlayStation version) with the triple-cross was also a huge monkey off my back.

Lastly, back in the day before speedrunning was a thing, blitzing LoD and finding all the lost children in Henry’s mode was satisfying.

EDIT^2: I was going to create a separate post for this but cbb: Dreaming about OOE approximately 5 years prior to it’s release. Call it a vision, prophecy, or whatever.(… Eerie, I know)
First look?? Barely even consider this a teaser, but not loving the Spike-Esque hybrid design
I call it here now, seeing the trailer again and listening to the voice lines they included to me it looks like our boy isn't doing very well. So here's my guess: they are gonna mashup Rondo and Sotn, and Richter is embarking on a quest to .. resurrect Dracula and prove himself worthy of whatever (Annette's love, the Belmont name). God i sure do hope I'm wrong

Maybe he's going to Whitby to pick a fight with him. God I hope we're both wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
anything