Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles May 2013  (Read 108440 times)

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles May 2013
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2013, 03:10:29 PM »
Holy smokes Mig! This game looks totally amazing! Total props buddy! Yeah must admit the hand drawn stuff look amongst the best i've seen. Total awesome just watching the vid. Can't imagine how awesome the game will be.

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2013, 05:52:05 PM »
Its not a hack, he programmed this awesomeness :p
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline mig3

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2013, 11:03:29 AM »
+1
Hi everybody  ;D

I have updated the first message you can now download the game  ;D

I CAN modify the game if it has a SERIOUS BUG  :P I hope it won't ; The final game was under BETA TESTING during a month . It should be BUG FREE. ;D ;D ;D

I have worked on that for 3 years ... I' am exhausted by the game  :P  :P :P :P . So please do not ask me to change things like" A red bone skeleton  more would be great in that stage ..."

By the way . How do you put a direct Youtube Video in a message ?  :-[
I only know how to put the link..

I hope you will enjoy the game . Thanks  everybody  ;)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 11:25:15 AM by mig3 »

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2013, 11:27:41 AM »
This is awesome I played a little of the game and I must say that it is amazing!!! It has the feel of the Haunted Castle without all of its uncomfortable controls.

I must admit it is too hard for me because I am more like Metroidvania player but I will definitely play it again and try to overcome the levels!!!
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2013, 01:38:19 PM »
This is great you are a hero in these dry times. Thank you very much.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2013, 04:04:22 PM »
+2
I played up to stage 4, and I have to say that so far the game is REALLY fun, with some nice new twists in it! Great choices in music, and good enemy placement too. Looking forward to playing it a whole lot more over the next few days!

EDIT: lol at the baby stone roses! Ironically, I just finished coding in the stone rose from SOTN today!  ;D
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 04:06:35 PM by Esco »
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2013, 05:09:28 PM »
+1
Wow if you got a compliment from Esco you should be proud! Being a home-brew programmer himself, I've seen him rip into people for making shit.
Let me download this puppy (thanks again for that too!) and give it a whirl!
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2013, 06:16:36 PM »
Well the game is a little on the hard side but I love the setpieces. I kid you not, could be better than Rebirth O.o

Everything comes full circle

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2013, 06:58:38 PM »
It was a bit frustrating to get things setup the way I wanted it, but once I got it running good and with the controls I want, the game hooked me for a long time.

I got to the castle's first stage. I only took a break because the game glitched up (screen wouldn't show) when I tabbed out of it to check something resulting in the entire thing having to be closed.

It's a great game so far. You should be proud of the work you've done here. It plays really well, not many glitches that I've witnessed. Nice upgrade system, good boss fights, lots of neat ideas littered around every stage. I'll go over it all in more detail perhaps, but after I finish the game. So far I am very impressed. The attention to detail is really something to behold, especially for a fan game. There are a few issues I see but I'll get to that some other time.

I have not been this gripped by a game in some time. It has been a pleasure to play thus far.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2013, 08:38:27 PM »
Using Xbox360 controller on this gives a very shitty control scheme (X to jump, Y to attack)... how to change it???

And how do we keep the aspect ratio of the game with 19:6 resolutions? Ok, just did it. Now to the controls problem...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 08:52:52 PM by Maedhros »

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2013, 10:41:00 PM »
+2
I use Joy2Key and force keyboard controls in the options. Then I can set whatever I want.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2013, 12:33:22 AM »
I;m downloading the game now, thanks for sharing, i'll post comments, when 'll play it out.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2013, 02:08:16 AM »
Haven't played too far in yet but I'm thoroughly enjoying it I particularly liked the ghost horsemen boss battle.
Anyone who hasn't encountered the Medusa heads yet should get a good laugh once they do, what were you thinking?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 02:10:01 AM by C Belmont »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2013, 09:57:19 AM »
I didn't get very far into the game but I liked what I was playing. And yeah the control mapping is proving to be somewhat of an inconvenience. I never could get Joy2key to work on my machine so I stuck using controls where the jump and attack buttons are in the wrong place. for the microsoft pad, the X button should be attack while the A button should be Jump, And also the analogue stick shouldn't take the place of the D-pad. Other then that this is a great game.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2013, 11:15:34 AM »
I didn't get very far into the game but I liked what I was playing. And yeah the control mapping is proving to be somewhat of an inconvenience. I never could get Joy2key to work on my machine so I stuck using controls where the jump and attack buttons are in the wrong place. for the microsoft pad, the X button should be attack while the A button should be Jump, And also the analogue stick shouldn't take the place of the D-pad. Other then that this is a great game.
Well, XBOX360 has the worst D-PAD of the entire world, so it's not like I really care about using it... anyway.

Thanks for the tip uzo. Doing that.

Tags:

anything