Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2415718 times)

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
The titan battles look a lot better than the last. They are actually fun this time! And I liked the titan battles in the first one. So far, i'm in for a treat!

On the other hand... Gabriel was already a superhuman in the first game, he is more of a brutish warrior who "happens" to be a Vampire. Laura behaved like a Vampire and OT Dracula was... himself at his best, but Gabriel Dracula isn't that Vampirish... His strength hasn't improved since LoS. The way he pushed the statue after he fought the brotherhood warriors, in LoS he pushed and pulled things without much strain. And that parkour jump he was doing? It seemed like a near miss. Human Gabriel does that. Vampire Gabriel should have just flew to the Titan or do a Super Man jump.

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards

Akumajo Dracula series most recent work (working title) Platform: PS3
*konami.jp
*famitsu.com
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)

Akumajo Dracula series most recent work (working title) Platform: PS3
*konami.jp
*famitsu.com
Akumajou Dracula? Wait, that's not right, could it mean...?

Everything comes full circle

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
It means nothing.

HNNNNNNNG:

« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 08:09:02 PM by Maedhros »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
It means that LoS finally absorbed Akumajou lol  :sad stuff:

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Akumajou Dracula? Where is Cecil-Kain when you need him? "Akumajou Fans"
XD

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
He quit the Dungeon since he made that topic concerning Cox & disrepancies with sales figures which inevitably resulted in several members attacking/insulting him & his cause.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards

cecil-kain am cry

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
To be fair he was a nice guy & his heart was indeed in the right place; he just wanted Konami to continue making "Akumajo" games i.e. "canon" games that preserved high-quality 2D production values, and their complete dismissal of the milestone 25th Anniversary was perhaps the linchpin of his cause. I just think the ensuing insults & mockery of what he was doing was highly un-called for, even by Jorge's admission, which is what caused his departure, but what's done is done I guess. Nobody had to agree with his cause, but it wasn't necessary to degrade it & his efforts either. I felt like he contributed a lot to the Dungeon when he was more active back in the day. But that's just my opinion about that situation, back on topic~

The artwork for LoS2 is fuckin' awesome, WAY better than the first LoS (LoS' artwork was good, but only the in-game artwork & even that came off as too "sketchy," stuff that would've been more appropriate in a "making-of" artbook instead of the game itself). I even enjoyed MoF's artstyle; say what you will about the shimmying/gameplay/whatever, but I haven't heard anybody complaining about the excellent artwork we've seen thus far
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 09:52:00 PM by crisis »

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

I seem to remember Japanese ads for LoS1 mentioning that title on them, probably just to show consumers that it's the same series.

On somewhat of a tangent, I also remember that on the English Vampire Killer box, the phrase "Dracula's Satanic Castle" was mentioned once or twice, probably as a translation of that title. I would flip my shit if Satan became a squatter in Dracula's Castle, making it "Satanic", and you had to boot him out. Eh? Eh???

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
See in terms of platforming, InFamous had it best. Climb fast and when on a thin plank/platform, it didn't matter. It wasn't a carefulwithyouranalogstickfest, the game did it for you hence faster progression. That's what I've seen so far in the trailer and I hope they keep it that way. I don't mind QTEs in platforming but the finishers for the knights does bother me a bit for I may have to do that a thousand time per play through, but it's not necessary to kill your enemies with QTEs as shown in previous games. I want the combo artwork to return however. They were some of the best in any hack n' slash genres and they were creative rather than showing the videos of the combos before purchasing them. My only criticism is that Dracula is more "magical" than an evil Vampire. When you use the Void sword, it's hit spark is some sort of a flaming blue wing when it hits the enemies. While it is a cool effect for any warrior, it doesn't suit Dracula in my opinion.

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
At long last, we are being shown some new details on LOS2. I don't know about you guys, but I am seriously gonna get me some pop corn to see the fight of the century

>.>

<.<

The Prince of Darkness

vs.

The Light Bearer

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I seem to remember Japanese ads for LoS1 mentioning that title on them, probably just to show consumers that it's the same series.

On somewhat of a tangent, I also remember that on the English Vampire Killer box, the phrase "Dracula's Satanic Castle" was mentioned once or twice, probably as a translation of that title. I would flip my shit if Satan became a squatter in Dracula's Castle, making it "Satanic", and you had to boot him out. Eh? Eh???
The idea of Satan being the fat drunk guy that sleeps on Dracula's couch does appeal to me. 

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I love that statue it would certainly get my attention passing by

anything