Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: My Castlevania Papercraft  (Read 25222 times)

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2010, 08:13:27 PM »
Really amazing work, well done
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 10:38:38 AM »
Dude, I dare you to do the entire original castle from castlevania  8)

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 05:08:51 PM »
Dear christ those are awesome. Please do make a tutorial. I'd love to do some Rondo and Bloodlines ones.

Offline Hydrostorm

• Actually, I prefer the Holy Cross.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: My Castlevania Papercraft
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2010, 08:06:01 AM »
This topic needs to come back roaring with tutorials and more bad assery. I need to know how to do this!
++Acquired Holy Water++

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2010, 03:34:28 PM »
its not hard. You can do it a few ways but the best would be to get the sprite sheets for the chars ya want and the background. Pick the animation frame for the chars to set em up how ya want and print em all on a solid background (like the standard white paper) Print the background by its self. Cut out the chars as close to the sprite work as possible best to use an exacto knife. Leave a lil bit on the bottom of the chars to fold back so you can place em on the floor of the scene. Or attach a piece behind em to stick em to the background if they fly or somethin

All there is too it. Print everythin on pretty heavy paper stock so its not flimsy like normal printer paper and before ya know it youll have custom CV scenes. Id start with the 8bit stuff if youve never done it cause itll be easier to cut around the huge pixels

Next time Im headed to work I might swing by my local print shop and have him print me some stuff. If I do Ill post pics of whatever I make

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 07:43:41 AM »
Do the SotN stairway, complete with 3D click tower. THAT would be cool.
I second this

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 04:13:56 PM »
*bump*

SotN marble gallery (one of my favorite areas)

Shanoa syncs with [Dominus]

(note: scene not 100% accurate)

Offline Danial

• you now possess Dracula's Wallet
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 05:45:33 PM »
Good God these are awesome!  You did a terrific job.  Now I want some of my own  :P

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2011, 07:10:56 PM »
Thanks :) Anybody have any requests? I wouldn't mind doing some more scenes..

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2011, 04:32:41 AM »
You are a papar mastar Crisis 8)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2011, 05:14:11 AM »
I really love your work!!! I would like to see the Aria of Sorrow area from inner quarters, where you are outside and climbing the corridors, with disk armors and valkyries!!!  :)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2011, 08:22:30 AM »
Wow, very impressive, dude! Keep goin' on!

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2011, 06:47:54 PM »
These are freaking epic and amazing! Awesome job, Crisis!

Out of curiosity, how long does it normally take you to make one of these?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2011, 04:54:17 PM »
thnx Kaori :)

Usually takes me a few hours to put the pieces together, but with these last ones it took me way longer cuz I didn't have printer ink & the heavyweight matte paper required (money was kinda tight). So now that I have all the resources & materials available I could do scenes pretty quickly. I'll try do to some more more this weekend given my social life doesn't get killed, lol!

Offline danceofgold

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2011, 03:19:17 AM »
OMG.. I want these to display at my home...

Tags: