Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Give it to me straight: is Mirror of Fate a system seller?  (Read 27975 times)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Re: Give it to me straight: is Mirror of Fate a system seller?
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2013, 07:47:29 AM »
+1
Of course it's a system seller.
You play the game then you go to your nearest gamestop to sell your 3DS.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2013, 04:09:08 PM »

Aha......you may yet win me over. Well played.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2013, 05:02:55 AM »
well, it actually was for me.  i bought two 3DSs just so i could play the game.  the first when I first heard about it, and the 3DS XL just before the game came out so that I could play it on a much needed larger screen.  i'm mainly drawn by the beautiful 3D background effects, there's no way I would pass that up.  i simply love "being" in Castlevania and admiring the surroundings.  the combat could definitely use some work, but its acceptable, and doesn't keep me from enjoying the primary reason I'm playing the game.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2013, 07:05:45 AM »

Someone should send it to Cox. LOL
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2013, 08:01:05 AM »
A system seller? No. There are other games for that. I still really love this game though. I've played through it four full times, getting 100% each time, and I'm playing it now for a fifth. To me it just feels great to play. It's a beautiful game too. Youtube can't possibly do its graphics justice. You need to see it in 3D.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2013, 09:51:53 AM »
Castlevania has been a system seller for me a lot of times, but now I'm glad I got my 3DS for stuff like Virtue's Last Reward and Fire Emblem. As for getting my 3DS Metroidvania fix, I'm totally holding my breath for Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate, which seems to be a 2.5D Metroidvania, made by people who worked on Metroid Prime. It should be interesting to see what they'd do with a sidescroller.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2013, 03:10:00 PM »
+1
Honestly, as a portable system, the PS Vita is miles better than the 3DS. I bought my 3DS just for MOF, and after playing about 2 hours into the game I already regretted it. I wish I would have done what I did for CV Judgement, just bought the game for the sake of my collection and thrown it in the bin with the rest of them.

MOF missed the mark, and it's painful to type that out because I was sooo excited for this game before it came out. The 3DS is ok, but it's worth the extra $75 to just get a Vita, especially if you have any plans of getting a PS4.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2013, 05:29:42 PM »
Please, tell me more about Vita, what good games they've launched? Im curious about it.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2013, 05:36:22 PM »
+1
I enjoyed it enough, it could have been better.

System seller? No way man, as much as I like Mirror of Fate there are too many other good games on the 3DS right now.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2013, 09:44:40 PM »
Please, tell me more about Vita, what good games they've launched? Im curious about it.

There is person 4 golden, and later on there is going to be soul sacrifice but that's about it for me.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2013, 09:51:23 PM »
+2
I have uncharted golden abyss, assassins creed liberation, dead or alive 5+ is incredible too. I'm really lookin forward to killzone mercenary too. But the big deal about is how it will work with the ps4 as a server to stream your games wherever you are.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2013, 10:09:44 PM »
It seems that the only attractive to me maybe will be this stream thing, apart from persona and dead or alive I dont see anything that interest me (dont take it badly, these are all great games).
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Skycaptain Steampunk

• Hunter in Training
  • "Eu sunt Dracul!"
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2013, 10:14:18 PM »
yes keep the ridiculing at the spanish game, i make days pass, the leader of the forum give me the warning, i come back and every one is talk trash to mirror of fate but they can't see how the improve on the old castlevania, it is the best portatil, i sayed this befor and i say now, just look at it, no people with right mind can deny is the best graphics of a portatil castlevania.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2013, 10:18:52 PM »
As for getting my 3DS Metroidvania fix, I'm totally holding my breath for Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate, which seems to be a 2.5D Metroidvania, made by people who worked on Metroid Prime. It should be interesting to see what they'd do with a sidescroller.

!!!!

Holy crap that sounds awesome! I still have yet to beat Arkham Asylum.

As for this game, I wouldn't say it's a system seller. I got it with a 3DS, sure, but I was also looking at stuff like Shinobi (good but damn is it brutal) and Luigi's Mansion (love this game).

It's not terrible. I love looking at some of the environments and that you actually have shit to jump on. Not to mention, thank Christ the Titan battles are gone. But it's way too easy once you get the hang of the combat and the platforming still has some of the same problems of the first game (can we say "scripted"?). Even worse is that the differences between characters are pretty superficial (different subweapons and magic, that's it); splitting the game in three weird parts really does the game a disservice.

Also, boss encounters made of QTEs? No. NO! Bad MercurySteam!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 10:21:11 PM by Munchy »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2013, 11:00:28 PM »
I enjoyed it enough, it could have been better.

System seller? No way man, as much as I like Mirror of Fate there are too many other good games on the 3DS right now.

Monster Hunter, man.

Now THAT's a system seller.

anything