Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dark Souls 2  (Read 22082 times)

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2014, 12:52:55 PM »
unused concept art

Yeah fuck you too FROM.
this is kinda weird because a lot of the more recent trailers and screenshots actually show the final game's lighting and graphical fidelity, while all the demos they showed (even as recent as january) had the older lighting.

so it seems like most of the press demos were always older builds, even after they changed the lighting. still pretty shitty that they were never clear about the changes.

lol screenshot back from november
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 12:57:14 PM by thernz »

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2014, 01:42:02 PM »
That's some Nintendo 64 shit in that floor texture right there.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2014, 05:16:49 PM »
I'm still liking the game. Boss no4. Far easier than 1 (which is great for me). Just the right balance IMO.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2014, 05:38:06 PM »
Why would anyone in their right mind buy Lords of Shadow 2 over this game?
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2014, 05:48:31 PM »
Why would anyone in their right mind buy Lords of Shadow 2 over this game?
I bought both and I'm happy as fuck. Thanks to those 2 and South Park I've had the best gaming 3 weeks in many years.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2014, 10:24:12 PM »
yeah southpark is great. I beat it with my fighter the other night. Jimmy is great lol. Im installin DS2 now!! Cant wait!

Offline ganonfloyd

• Hunter in Training
  • Listen without distraction.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2014, 04:54:14 AM »
Beat this last night after a flurry of madness and effort.

Great game, although I prefer the bosses and the tone of the first game a little bit more. You never quite feel like the little fish in a big pond in this one.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2014, 11:25:35 PM »

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline ganonfloyd

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2014, 09:50:04 AM »
Agreed about the level design. Drangleic is probably the most interesting place in the series thus far and almost every area was interesting in some way, especially aesthetically.

Offline Somacula

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2014, 03:05:17 PM »
I've just barely started in the game and I'm really liking it so far. The tone doesn't seem as legendary as the Chosen Undead's tale in the first one, but I kind of went in here expecting to be just some run of the mill undead anyway. The combat is just as smooth as ever, with a few tweaks that I'm still getting used to (parrying but not immediately stabbing comes to mind) but other than that it's great. It's not as unforgiving as Demons' Souls which I have not beaten yet, but is around the same challenge level as the first Dark Souls. Right now I'm just trying to decide whether I should go pure sorcery/pyromancy or try to mix things up with a katana like I did in the first game. Anyone know if we have armors that are as visually appealing as Artorias'/Ornstein's armor?

Offline ganonfloyd

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2014, 11:18:28 PM »
Some of the optional bosses in this are just cruel.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2014, 11:47:06 PM »
I've just barely started in the game and I'm really liking it so far. The tone doesn't seem as legendary as the Chosen Undead's tale in the first one, but I kind of went in here expecting to be just some run of the mill undead anyway. The combat is just as smooth as ever, with a few tweaks that I'm still getting used to (parrying but not immediately stabbing comes to mind) but other than that it's great. It's not as unforgiving as Demons' Souls which I have not beaten yet, but is around the same challenge level as the first Dark Souls. Right now I'm just trying to decide whether I should go pure sorcery/pyromancy or try to mix things up with a katana like I did in the first game. Anyone know if we have armors that are as visually appealing as Artorias'/Ornstein's armor?
There is a boss who...
(click to show/hide)

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2014, 03:37:09 AM »
I bought both and I'm happy as fuck.

Seconded.

I just soloed the Ruin Sentinels last night, and the Belfry Gargoyles tonight with my dual-wielding swordsman. First time playing without a shield, and it's pretty awesome so far. Power stance works like a charm. Also put down white soapstones for the first time...really liking being summoned.

I just wonder how much tougher the bosses get from here on out...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 03:39:54 AM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Somacula

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2014, 10:08:19 AM »
Oh my lord, Drangleic Castle looks fantastic! I cleared the area last night and relished the climb up the stairs, noticing the torch lights lit aflame despite the pouring rain. The scenery screamed Castlevania especially at the entrance and the place somehow felt better than Anor Londo even though it was much much smaller in comparison.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2014, 07:38:56 AM »
Is it me, or are the Rat King Covenant a bunch of cowards? I like the fact that you're not penalized for dying if they bring you into their world, but they hide behind traps, enemies, and projectiles. Heh, there was one guy last night who gestured after he killed me...like he actually accomplished something. There are less pathetic ways to get Pharros lockstones.

I wish the Blue Sentinels covenant wasn't so broken...I'm thinking of joining something else just because you really don't see any action in this covenant. I never get summoned when I'm human, and blue eye orbs do absolutely nothing. I just wanna punish the guilty, dammit!  :'(
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Tags:

anything