Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The True Eric Lecarde  (Read 6378 times)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« on: September 25, 2008, 08:30:32 PM »
I don't normally post any of my CV fanart here because I don't frequent enough to warrant it. However I'm making an exception this one time, because I'm voicing my utter disgust at how Takeshi Obata designed Eric Lecarde for Judgement. Call it creative difference on his part, or call it his ego in trying to be as radical as possible. I don't care. Eric isn't a pansy-ass little girl with a funky-looking stick as a weapon. He's a pretty-boy Spaniard who can still kick copious amounts of ass.

This is based off of Bloodlines, obviously.

I'm not looking for critique or anything. Just pointing out what I see and how I respond.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 01:36:06 AM »
In Reply To #1

Wow!! :o This artwork is fantastic!! I really love your art style!! ;) Thanks for sharing!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline semianonymous

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: The True Eric Lecarde
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 07:20:38 PM »
Very nice, very nice indeed. Something about the arm bothers me, but its not major enough. Very good!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 06:29:36 AM »
In Reply To #1

You may post any art project you're into, regardless of how often you post and stuff.  It's no problem.

Gotta love oldschool pix.  Thanks for the addition.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Jago

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 09:36:03 AM »
Awesome, yes....I agree this is his best design.  I also like his PoR outfit too although it was kinda bland and looked like something John would wear instead.

Offline paletteswapmonster

• Palette swap man
  • Forsaken
  • Legendary Hunter
  • gorilla warfare
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 09:46:21 AM »
I also like his PoR outfit too although it was kinda bland and looked like something John would wear instead.
At least he had pants. Anyway, that's pretty cool fanart and looks very fitting with classic CV.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 10:02:39 AM »
I can't put my finger on it.. But it just looks like there is something wrong with him and his face. Almost like he's on drugs or something.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline fallenangel86

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 11:40:34 AM »
looks like he's scared, which anyone would be really, but still.

i'll always take classic looks over kojima's. no offense to, i just don't like her redesigns.

Hunty

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 04:46:20 AM »
I can't put my finger on it.. But it just looks like there is something wrong with him and his face. Almost like he's on drugs or something.

Agreed. His eyes look like he's in the castle strung out on something.

burningwater

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 11:10:51 PM »
I like Kojima's redesign of simon and Richter's ok. But I absolutly HATE The redesighn of maria. A little girl wearing PANTS in that age, come ON! Like that would have even happened. As for Simon's eyes. I think it makes him look intimidating and inhuman. Which is fitting if he realy was suposed to be descended from Alucard. I think that both him and juse look vampiric.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 07:51:34 PM »
In Reply To #8

As far as I know, Kojima never redesigned Eric.

Tags:

anything