Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1815899 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #4830 on: February 25, 2013, 07:04:36 PM »
Source for ONM?

Cox's twitter.

It's /spanish/ ONM it seems

Everything comes full circle

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4831 on: February 25, 2013, 07:25:06 PM »
Cox said on his Twitter that "We are working to get the soundtrack officially released along with Mirror of Fate. Watch this space guys!"

Honestly, I didn't care for LoS's soundtrack at first, but it has really grown on me. If the demo is any indication, I'll probably like the one for this game too, so it'd be cool to have a way to get that soundtrack too.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4832 on: February 25, 2013, 07:25:59 PM »
That's a score and all but early reviews tend to be a wee bit favorable. Once the embargo lifts and the reviews are solid then I'll raise my hype.

Not that it matters though, im still hyped for the game no matter what score they give it.

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4833 on: February 25, 2013, 07:31:25 PM »
+1
Been listening to LoS OST and I don't understand why people hate it.  It's still good music.

Makes me feel like some are just Michiru Yamane fans.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #4834 on: February 25, 2013, 08:02:17 PM »
That's a score and all but early reviews tend to be a wee bit favorable. Once the embargo lifts and the reviews are solid then I'll raise my hype.

Not that it matters though, im still hyped for the game no matter what score they give it.
First reviews for LoS were 9's. So this paints a better picture overall
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:04:39 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4835 on: February 25, 2013, 08:46:38 PM »
First reviews for LoS were 9's. So this paints a better picture overall

Let's see if the big company reviewers give it a good score I'll say this right now if IGN or gamespot heck even gamtrailers give it a score above a 8.0 will color me surprised destructroid can go eff themselves with a giant purple
(click to show/hide)
.  I may not like "professional" reviewers due to the fact that some reviews are  just out there. The ign LoS review to me is a prime example, that is a definitive reason why I do not completely trust professional reviews(complete bs as well as jim sterling he is way to strict even for a reviewer I think he gave LoS an even lower score like a 2 or something IIRC) yet, I want this game to catch on (as well as fire emblem awakening did) from the big guys, I think it deserves it. The first one was low balled for ridiculous reasons like "- not castlevania".
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4836 on: February 25, 2013, 09:19:41 PM »
Correct me if i am wrong but some professional reviewers have highly biased comments that totally defeats their true purpose of unbiased reviews. Oh wait... It also happens to other reviews like movies. Maybe some other company paid them to write bad reviews...?

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4837 on: February 25, 2013, 09:28:22 PM »
I've now questioned the whole "This game isn't that game so points off for that." complaint from reviewers in light of the overwhelming praise that Tomb Raider's been getting.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #4838 on: February 25, 2013, 09:35:27 PM »
I've now questioned the whole "This game isn't that game so points off for that." complaint from reviewers in light of the overwhelming praise that Tomb Raider's been getting.
I haven't been paying much attention to that, it looks like a massive QTE fest.

It really isn't worth waiting for review scores anymore either, I personally don't trust anyone else's opinion but my own now. I'm really anticipating this demo on Thursday.

As for MoF's music, I really do like the music that plays in the demo when Trevor is battling those skeleton knights.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #4839 on: February 25, 2013, 10:10:43 PM »
I haven't been paying much attention to that, it looks like a massive QTE fest.

It really isn't worth waiting for review scores anymore either, I personally don't trust anyone else's opinion but my own now. I'm really anticipating this demo on Thursday.

Some are fun to watch I love me some classic game room Mark is freaking awesome  :)

but yes as I got older I realized that somethings were just not clicking with some of these reviews live and learn I guess right?
(click to show/hide)

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #4840 on: February 25, 2013, 11:39:13 PM »
You all know i am a big fan of "Lord of Shadow" but unfortunately the opinion of the magazine "Hobby Consolas" in Spain is worthless. How to say in English .. is a PAID magazine, if you pay you have good reviews, many cases were discovered. Like the games web portal "Meristation" are unreliable ..

Especially when the game is Spanish, I think is a great game and maybe can get to 9 (for me it's a 8 or 8.5). Many of the failures that have the game can be assigned to the weakness of the machine. Those load times between screens would not exist in a more powerful console (pspvita..) And more things that I said in a previous post.

PD: I bought the magazine "Hobby Consolas" for 15 years, until I went back and searched the internet demanding reviews with really strong criticism.
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4841 on: February 25, 2013, 11:56:02 PM »
The Japanese website has some new stuff:

http://www.konami.jp/castlevania/jp/3ds/

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4842 on: February 26, 2013, 12:04:30 AM »
The Japanese website has some new stuff:

http://www.konami.jp/castlevania/jp/3ds/

Jajaja is a konami web and they don´t capture the intro video with more resolution.. XDD

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4843 on: February 26, 2013, 12:21:04 AM »
+1
The first one was low balled for ridiculous reasons like "- not castlevania".

HAHAHAHA like gamespot review:  .... It´s dificult.... (FACEPALM) (what score give to Daemon Souls? 2/10 ... xD)

EDIT: Youtube user "On3ManCr3w" finish LOS1 in PALADIN difficulty without being touched. No games impossible just people without hands
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 12:25:53 AM by Bergaron »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4844 on: February 26, 2013, 12:53:03 AM »
HAHAHAHA like gamespot review:  .... It´s dificult.... (FACEPALM) (what score give to Daemon Souls? 2/10 ... xD)

EDIT: Youtube user "On3ManCr3w" finish LOS1 in PALADIN difficulty without being touched. No games impossible just people without hands

Sillyness that's what. There are good games and bad games and Los does not fall into the bad. Yes there were problems but overall good stuff.
(click to show/hide)

Tags: .....? 

anything